**Bears sign DE Jared Allen to 4 year contract**

winterwarz

Does this open the door to everyone gloating like a five-year-old when they're right about something?

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Vikings defense was not horrible most of his tenure here in Minnie. But, your right about his high motor and him not taking time off. What concerns me, as I wrote in another post is that he is not effective vs. the run. His focus is so narrowly on the the quarterback that he has proven recently easy to run on, especially on his inside. I get it that what we are getting him for is the sacks, but he leaves us vulnerable to the run when he's on the field.

If Briggs and Williams stay healthy this year, running shouldn't be as big a threat.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I'm not a fan of Allen, but the move had to be made and I'm happy we did it. He gives you a legit pass rushing threat and if we can hit on a DT somewhere in the draft, we might have a decent to good D-line. He will hopefully give us 2 good years which would hold it down until we find a long term solution.

When you say you're not a fan of Allen you must mean as a person and not as a football player. He's been arguably the most consistent DE over the last 6+years.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Does this open the door to everyone gloating like a five-year-old when they're right about something?
after i got so much shit because a lot on here hated the idea, didn't want allen, thought it was impossible and asn't going to happen? Just like I said Mccown was going to be a great backup qb.

I had a feeling something was up when he didn;t sign over weekend and Cutler money was pushed

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm not here to be a hater. I'll always be a fan of Jared Allen and I don't dislike the Bears like I hate the Packers or anything like that. I legitimately feel Allen is a bad fit with the Bears needs. He won't help with the league's worst rushing defense.
You're not seeing that we already boosted our run defense big time with Houston,Young and all our DT's will be healthy so Allen is actually exactly what we needed.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
HUGE surprise with this move. I thought I'd been reading that Allen was a virtual lock to end up in Seattle. Wow.

I like that it's only a guaranteed 2-year deal with the possibility for 4 years. Always a good idea with a player on the other side of 30. But I think Allen definitely has a few years of good football left, at least.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sweet. really like the move, but media needs to quit rattling off all his accolates, the guy is going to be 32, we arent getting the a 5 time Pro Bowler 128 sack guy in his prime, gota temper expectations a little, but still a great addition to buy the Bears some time to find young guys for the DL and still be contenders now.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
after i got so much shit because a lot on here hated the idea, didn't want allen, thought it was impossible and asn't going to happen? Just like I said Mccown was going to be a great backup qb.

I had a feeling something was up when he didn;t sign over weekend and Cutler money was pushed

All Hail Based Desperado. Did you predict this or something? This is nostradamus-esque

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

Ya know, bask in it. When people give you the shit, and you end up being right, go nuts and enjoy yourself.

Used to happen for me all the time because I had Lovie and Angelo figured out to a T, but with Phil here, he is a crazy fucking ninja with his moves and the only thing I've learned so far is to expect the unexpected and that nothing is ever truly off the table.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
NFL_Refs_Return.gif

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Great signing by the Bears here. Makes the Willie Young move seem a bit odd in retrospect(however it makes the Peppers move make a ton more sense)......nonetheless a really nice move by Emery. If the Bears can get a DT in the draft, especially in the 1st round you have to like what they've done with the line.

Does Houston have any experience sliding to the inside on passing downs? If so I could see having Young as a rotation guy for Allen and Young and on 3rd and long sliding Houston to the inside with Young and Allen on the outside and whichever DT we snag in the draft. But this move is a good move considering our pass rush last year. Just the Houston and Young signings didn't make me feel the pass rush got better (at least not until after the draft), but the addition of Allen makes the d-line look a little more legit.