Biggs on NFL Network Radio Discussing Rookie Camp

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is some funny shit. Respected posters... Good lord!
Not entirely sure what's so "funny" about some of our posters being respected pieces to this community. Perhaps I misunderstood you.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish Shaheen would lose 10-15 pounds and might still have a chance to not be the bust he has been, right now he just lumbers away, the weight loss might make him faster and more flexible. what's he got to loss anyway as bust sums him up pretty much
He plays like he bulked up for combine with burrito's...

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Here is the best way to address draft picks:

1). Assume, unless shown otherwise, regardless of draft position, that every draft pick is a bust (because statistically this is correct).

2). If and only if, within the first or second season (depending on position) you see him do something truly special, can you change opinion #1.

When I mean something special I don't mean a good play, I mean something that really stands out as special.

I have seen nothing special from Shaheen. I never saw anything special from Kevin White.

I have seen something special from Eddie Jackson, Cohen and Trubisky.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
It seems unlikely Shaheen will ever give the Bears enough to justify where he was drafted, but if he can stay healthy and be a solid blocking tight end at least he's contributing. He was a high risk pick who was chosen based on his potential fit in a completely different offense.

It's to soon to write him off completely, he's played about 200 snaps each of his first two seasons. We can pretty confidently close the book on him being an impact player, but that doesn't mean he can't contribute.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
No it's not really about White. He was saying that Adam Shaheen isn't given a chance to show his value when healthy because Nagy doesn't design plays that get him the ball and keep him from falling over and hurting himself.

I still think Shaheen is going to Gronk his babies all over the place this year.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
IF Shaheen can stay healthy this year, he MAY be able to have a roster spot after this season.

If not....bye bye.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I say we just stop replying to this narcissistic turd. I don't know why he didn't get banned for having that Vick Ashley alt anywho, not to mention his repeated threats of violence towards respected posters here. He even alluded to alt'ing in this very thread.

I don't threat violence against any "respected" posters.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He should be good anywhere on the field because Vu said defenders don't even bother to defend him when he's on the field so he's just out there running around with not one single defender even trying to guard him...LOL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not entirely sure what's so "funny" about some of our posters being respected pieces to this community. Perhaps I misunderstood you.

"Some" of our posters are respected and contribute to CCS in a good way.....SOME.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It seems unlikely Shaheen will ever give the Bears enough to justify where he was drafted, but if he can stay healthy and be a solid blocking tight end at least he's contributing. He was a high risk pick who was chosen based on his potential fit in a completely different offense.

It's to soon to write him off completely, he's played about 200 snaps each of his first two seasons. We can pretty confidently close the book on him being an impact player, but that doesn't mean he can't contribute.

Can't disagree with that unfortunately.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have to say that during three days at training camp....Burton Shaheen and Nall were lookin "really" good out there. How can somebody so BIG be a training camp hero ?? I will never understand.

However, we have reached the point of cutting bait with Shaheen. Let's get some of these young UDFAs give the position a run for their money

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Actually you should not be threatening violence against any posters. Just a friendly reminder from your favorite Moderator.

However, we have reached the point of cutting bait with Shaheen. Let's get some of these young UDFAs give the position a run for their money

I am obviously no fan of Shaheen, but he is only half done with a four year contract that should be pretty much all guaranteed money. He has had a better career than Kevin White and the Bears had no problem paying him to keep the bench warm...so even if Shaheen gets bumped down to 5th string...he will probably be a Chicago Bear until 2021.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I really don't think Shaheen fits in this offense as anything more than an in-line blocker and a guy who can maybe create some mismatches in the red zone. This offense is all about space, and Shaheen is a "phone booth" player.

This is the guy who's intriguing to me:

Dax Raymond vs. Michigan St.:

He's mostly playing in the slot, but he shows some traits that could definitely translate into success in Nagy's offense. I like his tenacity as a blocker, and he looks really good in the short/intermediate zones. I'm always hesitant to place a lot of expectations on undrafted free agents, but he has a chance given the relative lack of competition at the tight end position.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just cannot handle when the GM/HC are not seeing things that are obvious to fans.

-Chris Williams sucked at OG or OT
-Hester was a #3 WR at best
-Shea Shea Watt was not an NFL player

It just went on and on for the Bears of the team forcing an issue with players who could not play.

Doesnt shea have a ring?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Weren't you going to choke out @gphat? And he is basically ghandi here

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don't think Shaheen fits in this offense as anything more than an in-line blocker and a guy who can maybe create some mismatches in the red zone. This offense is all about space, and Shaheen is a "phone booth" player.

This is the guy who's intriguing to me:

Dax Raymond vs. Michigan St.:

He's mostly playing in the slot, but he shows some traits that could definitely translate into success in Nagy's offense. I like his tenacity as a blocker, and he looks really good in the short/intermediate zones. I'm always hesitant to place a lot of expectations on undrafted free agents, but he has a chance given the relative lack of competition at the tight end position.
In response to his 26 catches I propose that his QB doesn't look around too often. Haha...sure likes number 11 and stares him down from snap to throw almost every play.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great game played there by 87 against good Mi. St defense.