Blackhawks 2015-16 Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Interesting to note that no D-man has been called up from Rockford yet. Perhaps Daley is okay?

Should find out more during practice later today.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Interesting to note that no D-man has been called up from Rockford yet. Perhaps Daley is okay?

I hope he is ok, the thought of rundbad and T-Roz the old dino together is frightening

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Wow... I hope they bring in someone soon.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Q has said that Daley is day to day and has been ruled out for Tuesday's game.

Please no Rundblad...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Q has said that Daley is day to day and has been ruled out for Tuesday's game.

Please no Rundblad...

Well... at least day to day is better than what it looked like from his time on the ice, but still in Q speak he could be done for his career with an upper low extremity injury for all we know.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Q wouldn't even admit to the obvious that they were recalling Bickell when Tik was put on waivers.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-salary-cap-could-rise-to-74-5m-1.405844

Blackhawks desperately need the cap to be on the high end of the projections. Hopefully they have a good idea soon.

Have to wonder what is going to happen with Kruger at this point. Isn't having his best all around year but he took a one year deal after waiting as long as he could to help the team out. While Kruger shouldn't count against the cap a whole lot it will be interesting to see if something gets done in season and I'm sure after a clear projection is out there, it might get done.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Hino.. Kero.. Moose... and eventually the actual likely supplanter of the role Danault.

Previously I was saying keep Kruger but lose Shaw, I'm not sure I'd feel that way so far going into the season but not like Shaw has been good either.

Danault has finally returned and I hear had a good game his 3rd game back, so I would expect after some short stint with Rasmussen it might be a swap and he could get called up. They've been trying to have him model himself to play a role like Kruger, I don't know what his faceoff skill level is, but he's been a feisty two-way guy who does also seem to get to around the net a bit.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure last year's salary cap increase was affected by the low price of oil, which in turn affected the value of the Canadian dollar, which in turn affected the total revenue generated by the league, which meant the number allocated to the salary cap was lower than expected. Considering that I just filled up my car for $1.72/gallon, I'm not optimistic.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Daley will be traveling with the team for Thursday's game. No word if he is playing or not, but certainly good news.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daley will be traveling with the team for Thursday's game. No word if he is playing or not, but certainly good news.

If he's flying that means "no concussion", but you know how the major sports leagues treat concussions so.........

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not that we'll ever know, but that Daley injury looks less and less like a concussion to me and more like a neck/shoulder stinger. In the immediate aftermath it's incredibly painful and terrifying to suffer one of those. After a while, though, the pain almost entirely disappears.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Not that we'll ever know, but that Daley injury looks less and less like a concussion to me and more like a neck/shoulder stinger. In the immediate aftermath it's incredibly painful and terrifying to suffer one of those. After a while, though, the pain almost entirely disappears.

I don't know, it looked like had the "fencing response" going on at times which happens with concussions. Certain players can bounce back from them quicker than others. Either way, I just don't want Rundblad on the ice for too much longer.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would hope to never see Rundblad in the line up ever again

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't know, it looked like had the "fencing response" going on at times which happens with concussions. Certain players can bounce back from them quicker than others. Either way, I just don't want Rundblad on the ice for too much longer.

Not sure what the "fencing response" means, but them bringing a stretcher on the ice led me to believe that it wasn't a concussion. Concussions rarely get guys taken away on a stretcher. That's more of a neck injury situation. Although it could've been both, too.

I would hope to never see Rundblad in the line up ever again

Wouldn't bet on that, unfortunately.

What can be frustrating about Rundblad is that there are moments where I really like his offensive game. He flashed a few times in the offensive zone against Nashville on Tuesday night. On defense, though? Yikes.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Not sure what the "fencing response" means, but them bringing a stretcher on the ice led me to believe that it wasn't a concussion. Concussions rarely get guys taken away on a stretcher. That's more of a neck injury situation. Although it could've been both, too.

Same token - guys that have neck injuries rarely get up and skate off the ice, mostly because the medical staff won't let them or risk anything with the neck/spine.

Fencing response is when the forearms/arms tighten up after a concussion and stick out into the air uncontrollably. I'm sure if you look it up it will be explained in a more medical manner, but it did look like Daley exhibited this.

Like you said though, we probably will never know what really went wrong.

Edit: We may know. Sounds like, atleast from what I was told, that it was more of a neck injury and that Daley didn't want to talk about it being a concussion. Could possibly be both but leading with the neck injury.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Marko Dano was sent back down to Rockford today.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Goodbye Daley, hello Scuderi.

Status
Not open for further replies.