My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
:rolleyes:

as a FAN you are to expect your team to win the championship, anything less is not a successful season. are teams going to win every year? no. But that is the difference between certain cities vs other cities, chicago is soft. other cities teams dont win a championship it is failure.

stop drinking the beer from last years cup, we are in a new season. anymore intelligent thoughts?

insert words in my mouth much?

If the team is known to be "rebuilding" not to be confused with tire patching or retooling, than i guess its called "exceeding expectations" and if that team is in fact "rebuilding" the fans will obviously know and they will not have the expectations. but that is just a irrelevant counter point this discussion which involves a team that is not rebuilding.

Contradiction 101

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But we kinda are...thats what you are missing.

We are rebuilding basically our two bottom offensive lines and 3rd dpairing, and 2 new goalies

We are rebuilding our depth so that in the future we stay competitive (including this season) and not be a 1 and done

3rd pairing construction doesnt count tords rebuilding.

um, if corey crawford was our starter that would be a rebuilding sign. just because we have 2 new goalies one of them being MARTY TURCO doesnt mean you are rebuilding, also when you are 1,060 away from cap you arent rebuilding. i dont want to hear it is because of campbells contract, lets say he gets what he deserved at that time which would be 4.75-5.25 per year....which would leave just a bit of wiggle room in the cap, do you think the hawks would leave that wiggle room? hell no! they would fill in another spot and be right back at the cap.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Contradiction 101

:rolleyes: learn to read and understand what it is i am trying to say, way to be a spinmaster. you know what i meant when i said fans should expect nothing less, you knew the topic was the hawks and teams that "ARE NOT PUBLICLY STATING THEY ARE REBUILDING" christ

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
3rd pairing construction doesnt count tords rebuilding.

um, if corey crawford was our starter that would be a rebuilding sign. just because we have 2 new goalies one of them being MARTY TURCO doesnt mean you are rebuilding, also when you are 1,060 away from cap you arent rebuilding. i dont want to hear it is because of campbells contract, lets say he gets what he deserved at that time which would be 4.75-5.25 per year....which would leave just a bit of wiggle room in the cap, do you think the hawks would leave that wiggle room? hell no! they would fill in another spot and be right back at the cap.
we are that close to the cap because of Kane and toews roster bonuses also.

Im not saying we are in a total rebuild...we are semi re-loading for a competitive season, and then a run next year, and hopefully many years to come once our cap situation lightens up

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
:rolleyes: learn to read and understand what it is i am trying to say, way to be a spinmaster. you know what i meant when i said fans should expect nothing less, you knew the topic was the hawks and teams that "ARE NOT PUBLICLY STATING THEY ARE REBUILDING" christ

you didnt say that...you said expectations for teams every year were to win the stanley cup...I just gave an example to prove you wrong on your assumption

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we are that close to the cap because of Kane and toews roster bonuses also.

Im not saying we are in a total rebuild...we are semi re-loading for a competitive season, and then a run next year, and hopefully many years to come once our cap situation lightens up

capt obvious is rubbing your weiner

but anywho, way to ignore everything else. :)

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
capt obvious is rubbing your weiner

but anywho, way to ignore everything else. :)

You mean the part where you said we aren't rebuilding because Marty Turco is our goalie? What does that have to do with anything?

Oilers are rebuilding and their goalie is Khabibulin...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean the part where you said we aren't rebuilding because Marty Turco is our goalie? What does that have to do with anything?

im talking about everything.

nice comparison. stop arguing, the hawks arent rebuilding. period.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
im talking about everything.

nice comparison. stop arguing, the hawks arent rebuilding. period.

Your right...your a hockey genius...we should all just give up and listen to your responses because your the end all be all

LMAO

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
shut the fuck up lefty, i mean dewey

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

Wait a second ... the Hawks were rebuilding ... and their goalie was Khabibulin .... must be a branding thing ... if your team is rebuilding ... get Khabi...

-but what is really a contradiction is - how this is off topic- - you guys managed to go off topic on an off topic thread and actually be on topic within the folder ...

now that takes some skill (as well as a hell of a lot of sorting out too).

:kick:

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I just wanna clarify...it may have come across as saying the hawks are completely rebuilding...thats not true, it's more like regrouping, or re-loading if you will to make sure we are good for a long time.

Sorry if I might have confused dewey or other people...

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wait a second ... the Hawks were rebuilding ... and their goalie was Khabibulin .... muat be a branding thing ... if your team is rebuilding ... get Khabi...

-but what is really a contradiction is - how this is off topic- - you guys managed to go off topic on an off topic thread and actually be on topic within the folder ...

now that takes some skill (as well as a hell of a lot of sorting out too).

:kick:

haha; poor Bulin - now I fully understand how he's been driven to the firewater.

Well, there is some logical sense in getting/paying for a hell of a goalie when a team is rebuilding/putting a lot of young skaters out there.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, and this morning Q yanked the team off the ice after 15 minutes or so of the morning skate.

Wake up call?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Ya...Q must be livid with them...hopefully this will spark guys like kane and toews and wake them up

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
shut the fuck up lefty, i mean dewey

For one I have no clue what your deal is with me lately, but whatever.

Oh now I am lefty because I use the rolleyes smiley, wow. Sorry that i use that smiley alot, it keeps me from swearing and yelling, it pretty much does it all for ya with one lil click. so because i use that, and because i actually write substance in my posts im considered lefty now? cmon now. we are nothing alike.

ps: if lefty didnt call any names and was less combative he would probably be one of the best posters on here.

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My Toews red jersey is money I guess. He went for 2 goals and 2 dimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.