Blackhawks Forum Off Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not 1 or 2 teams...it happens almost every year...the NHL playoffs are the most susceptible to upsets than any other sport...Look at even the Hawks team last year...Nashville almost beat us. It all depends on matchups and how each team plays each other...Nashville used the trap and it worked well against us.

Yes...

It seems like these fans (especially these new fans, and sadly some old timers) expect to win the cup every year now...

Plus numbers are increasing every year that loewer seeds are knocking out the higher seeds.

2008: 3 lower seeded teams knocked out higher seeds
2009: 4 lower seeded teams knocked out higher seeds
2010: 7 lower seeded teams knocked out higher seeds

The salary cap is pretty much kicked in, teams are more balanced now whether they have all expensive guys and rookies or just solid depth.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you have to understand the western conference. the west is loaded with talent....loaded. there are atleast 5 teams imo top to bottom better than the hawks, that is what is worrisome

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus numbers are increasing every year that loewer seeds are knocking out the higher seeds.

2008: 3 lower seeded teams knocked out higher seeds
2009: 4 lower seeded teams knocked out higher seeds
2010: 7 lower seeded teams knocked out higher seeds

The salary cap is pretty much kicked in, teams are more balanced now whether they have all expensive guys and rookies or just solid depth.

way to use 3 seasons of such a huge sample size (sarcasm)

you can throw out all the 1 seeds losing to 8th seeds stats all you want, the bottom seeds dont win the cup....period.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
are you kidding me? there is no success for a team that comes close to winning the cup or any championship. you expect the best and anything less is a failure for a season, that is why they play.

now who's "we todd did"?

Im not talking about the team's goals here...I'm talking about fan's expectations. You win one Stanley Cup and now we are going through a tough stretch, and this season is a disaster!?!?!?!?!

How come 2 years ago when we made it to the Conference Finals and lost, it wasn't a disaster? BECAUSE IT WASN'T EXPECTED! Fans now expect a cup every year, and with the parity in the NHL, alot of these fans will be dissapointed.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
you have to understand the western conference. the west is loaded with talent....loaded. there are atleast 5 teams imo top to bottom better than the hawks, that is what is worrisome

I understand the western conference fine. You are just overreacting IMO

go ahead and just insert your rolleyes smilie, but just remember that we are 15 games into a 82 game season...let's let the season develop a bit more

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
now who's "we todd did"?

Im not talking about the team's goals here...I'm talking about fan's expectations. You win one Stanley Cup and now we are going through a tough stretch, and this season is a disaster!?!?!?!?!

How come 2 years ago when we made it to the Conference Finals and lost, it wasn't a disaster? BECAUSE IT WASN'T EXPECTED! Fans now expect a cup every year, and with the parity in the NHL, alot of these fans will be dissapointed.

ding ding....guess what? there are expectations now. you have a window that is open, you grab as many cups as you can.

if you think that anything less than a cup is successful, than you need to pull your little lip over your head and swallow. :D

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
way to use 3 seasons of such a huge sample size (sarcasm)

you can throw out all the 1 seeds losing to 8th seeds stats all you want, the bottom seeds dont win the cup....period.

Nope just showing how the teams have gotten more and more competitive and anyone can beat anyone these days

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ding ding....guess what? there are expectations now. you have a window that is open, you grab as many cups as you can.

if you think that anything less than a cup is successful, than you need to pull your little lip over your head and swallow. :D

I'm not expecting a cup with this team, sure we give a good run, maybe we do go all the way again but i dont see it happening

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

And that window doesn't slam shut after this year....we need to rebuild, and our luxury is that we will still be highly competitive while we rebuild. We have Keith, Kane, Toews, hammer, Hossa, and soon to be Seabrook locked up long term....this year will mainy be a reloading year with still a STRONG possibility of going deep in the playoffs again
Nope just showing how the teams have gotten more and more competitive and anyone can beat anyone these days

Exactly...it's not as cut and dry as in the past

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tblow-

we are in 7th place, we played 15 games. we are 4-5 at home. john scott and jordan hendry were on a line together, how deep are we? were is all this youth that is ready to step up?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
tblow-

we are in 7th place, we played 15 games. we are 4-5 at home. john scott and jordan hendry were on a line together, how deep are we? were is all this youth that is ready to step up?

Last year through 15 games...

8-6-1

I understand that the game differential this year lopsides the numbers a bit, but we are only 1 game off from last year...

Remember what happened last year? kane and toews got off to slow starts just like they are this year...

I dont remember us panicking this much last year...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last year through 15 games...

8-6-1

I understand that the game differential this year lopsides the numbers a bit, but we are only 1 game off from last year...

Remember what happened last year? kane and toews got off to slow starts just like they are this year...

I dont remember us panicking this much last year...

how many games has hossa missed this year?

we were 8-6-1 without one of the most dominating 2 way players for the first 2 months of the season, and which includes your 8-6-1 record.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
are you kidding me? there is no success for a team that comes close to winning the cup or any championship. you expect the best and anything less is a failure for a season, that is why they play.

Hi, welcome to professional sports.

Your favorite team is not going to win the title every year. Not only that, but your favorite team knows it's not going to win the title every year.

Seriously.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
how many games has hossa missed this year?

we were 8-6-1 without one of the most dominating 2 way players for the first 2 months of the season, and which includes your 8-6-1 record.

correct, and we also had a much better defense last year....yet, we still have almost the same record.

We also had a revolving goalie situation...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hi, welcome to professional sports.

Your favorite team is not going to win the title every year. Not only that, but your favorite team knows it's not going to win the title every year.

Seriously.

:rolleyes:

as a FAN you are to expect your team to win the championship, anything less is not a successful season. are teams going to win every year? no. But that is the difference between certain cities vs other cities, chicago is soft. other cities teams dont win a championship it is failure.

stop drinking the beer from last years cup, we are in a new season. anymore intelligent thoughts?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
defense is also a part of the 4 lines, it isnt just the 3 pairings.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
:rolleyes:

as a FAN you are to expect your team to win the championship, anything less is not a successful season. are teams going to win every year? no. But that is the difference between certain cities vs other cities, chicago is soft. other cities teams dont win a championship it is failure.

stop drinking the beer from last years cup, we are in a new season. anymore intelligent thoughts?

there is the smilie...

as for your post, that's total BS...
If a team is known to be rebuilding...has a lot of young guys on their team, a new coach and new ownership , and they make the playoffs but lose in the first round.....thats a failure?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there is the smilie...

as for your post, that's total BS...
If a team is known to be rebuilding...has a lot of young guys on their team, a new coach and new ownership , and they make the playoffs but lose in the first round.....thats a failure?

insert words in my mouth much?

If the team is known to be "rebuilding" not to be confused with tire patching or retooling, than i guess its called "exceeding expectations" and if that team is in fact "rebuilding" the fans will obviously know and they will not have the expectations. but that is just a irrelevant counter point this discussion which involves a team that is not rebuilding.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
insert words in my mouth much?

If the team is known to be "rebuilding" not to be confused with tire patching or retooling, than i guess its called "exceeding expectations" and if that team is in fact "rebuilding" the fans will obviously know and they will not have the expectations. but that is just a irrelevant counter point this discussion which involves a team that is not rebuilding.

But we kinda are...thats what you are missing.

We are rebuilding basically our two bottom offensive lines and 3rd dpairing, and 2 new goalies

We are rebuilding our depth so that in the future we stay competitive (including this season) and not be a 1 and done

Status
Not open for further replies.