Blackhawks Forum Off Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the only other 8th seed in nhl history to make the finals is the oilers. go on....

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
stop bringing that up. how often does the 8th seed make it to the cup finals? how often does the 8th seed win the cup?

your missing the point

His expectation was that we be a top 4 seed, and if we weren't , then the season was a disaster...

This, as well as countless other examples show that the ultimate goal is to get into the playoffs, because once your in, anything can happen

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
stop bringing that up. how often does the 8th seed make it to the cup finals? how often does the 8th seed win the cup?

Thats only happend once, well twice now counting Philly.

People have to look at it this way, The Hawks were forced to take a stanley cup champion, and rebuild that team because of cap issues. Yeah we still make the playoffs but i'm not going to say it was a bad season because we didn't get seeded here or there. We could still win the division but that is going to be tough especially with a healthy Redwings squad, a very solid Blues squad, and Nashville always seems to find themselves in the race.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
your missing the point

His expectation was that we be a top 4 seed, and if we weren't , then the season was a disaster...

This, as well as countless other examples show that the ultimate goal is to get into the playoffs, because once your in, anything can happen

it is not like baseball. say the hawks stumble around this year, which can happen....and say they get the 8th seed. they will be the 3rd team to make it to the finals, and the 1st to win the cup as an 8th seed. so getting in doesnt mean shit.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sympathize with Kane.

I'm so happy with last years cup, I hardly give a shit what happens this year. Winning a bunch of games and making a long playoff run would be nice, but man, I'm still riding the high of last season.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
it is not like baseball. say the hawks stumble around this year, which can happen....and say they get the 8th seed. they will be the 3rd team to make it to the finals, and the 1st to win the cup as an 8th seed. so getting in doesnt mean shit.

I just dont understand how you can say that seeing what teams like Philly and Montreal did last year...

So does being seeded high "not mean shit" to you then? San Jose has been the #1 seed like the last 2 seasons atleast...no cups

Capitals, #1 seed last year...no cup

Seeding means little to nothing in NHL playoffs and teams have constantly proved that over the history of the NHL

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I sympathize with Kane.

I'm so happy with last years cup, I hardly give a shit what happens this year. Winning a bunch of games and making a long playoff run would be nice, but man, I'm still riding the high of last season.

Exactly....enjoy what you have right now, a Stanley Cup

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just dont understand how you can say that seeing what teams like Philly and Montreal did last year...

So does being seeded high "not mean shit" to you then? San Jose has been the #1 seed like the last 2 seasons atleast...no cups

Seeding menas little to nothing in NHL playoffs and teams have constantly proved that over the history of the NHL

Plus we suck at the UC this year, bring on the 8th seed :crazydance:

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That said, these bad losses are getting frustrating. This team IS better than what they've shown so far.

No they're not the same as last season, but getting to the conference semis is not out of the question if everyone pulls their heads out of their asses.

Win a round or two this year and then make some smart moves in the off season assuming the cap goes up a few mil like everyone is predicting.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Seeding means little to nothing in NHL playoffs and teams have constantly proved that over the history of the NHL

wow! you are we todd did. we all know that last years eastern conference was something that rarely ever happens, using 1 season vs the entire nhls history of playoff seeding is plain stupid.

again:
8th seed oilers make finals
8th seed flyers make finals
no 8th seed cup champion
so your theory is made up of a few teams that are 1 or 2 seed getting knocked out early "false" hope on the hawks "getting in"

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That said, these bad losses are getting frustrating. This team IS better than what they've shown so far.

No they're not the same as last season, but getting to the conference semis is not out of the question if everyone pulls their heads out of their asses.

Win a round or two this year and then make some smart moves in the off season assuming the cap goes up a few mil like everyone is predicting.

Completely agree, this in a way is a rebuild mode by force. Fans ned to look at the bright side and realize we are still putting a team out there can still compete. Then when all of these bonus cap clears we can use that money to bring in better depth

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wow! you are we todd did. we all know that last years eastern conference was something that rarely ever happens, using 1 season vs the entire nhls history of playoff seeding is plain stupid.

again:
no 8th seed cup champion
so your theory is made up of a few teams that are 1 or 2 seed getting knocked out early "false" hope on the hawks "getting in"

Wait, as far as who the tard here is...

I'd argue that it's the one assuming the Hawks can't do better than the 8 seed while we're in early November.

You guys are arguing something that is far from being an absolute. How about you pick this conversation up once the playoff seeding is actually set?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

again:
no 8th seed cup champion
It's not 1 or 2 teams...it happens almost every year...the NHL playoffs are the most susceptible to upsets than any other sport...

Look at even the Hawks team last year...Nashville almost beat us. It all depends on matchups and how each team plays each other...Nashville used the trap and it worked well against us.

Completely agree, this in a way is a rebuild mode by force. Fans ned to look at the bright side and realize we are still putting a team out there can still compete. Then when all of these bonus cap clears we can use that money to bring in better depth
Yes...

It seems like these fans (especially these new fans, and sadly some old timers) expect to win the cup every year now...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'd argue that it's the one assuming the Hawks can't do better than the 8 seed while we're in early November.

You guys are arguing something that is far from being an absolute. How about you pick this conversation up once the playoff seeding is actually set?

:rolleyes:

We can look at our team (and not be homers) with a critical eye. I myself consider myself a true fan, and i call it how i see it. I am not satisfied with one stanley cup championship, when you have the talented core that you have, you make sure you can build a team that will compete for the ultimate prize. if you are satisfied with the one cup....great!

i will talk about the 8th seed, because it is a GOOD possiblity it does happen. but keep going......

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats

It is dumb talking about it now, but for Caribbean, Joehawks, and Dewey who think this season is a lost cause, I guess this is their way of giving up on the season? :shrug:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
:rolleyes:

We can look at our team (and not be homers) with a critical eye. I myself consider myself a true fan, and i call it how i see it. I am not satisfied with one stanley cup championship, when you have the talented core that you have, you make sure you can build a team that will compete for the ultimate prize. if you are satisfied with the one cup....great!

i will talk about the 8th seed, because it is a GOOD possiblity it does happen. but keep going......

There is also a GOOD possibility that we can turn the season around right?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Que more rolleyes smilies from Dewey...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not 1 or 2 teams...it happens almost every year...the NHL playoffs are the most susceptible to upsets than any other sport...

Look at even the Hawks team last year...Nashville almost beat us. It all depends on matchups and how each team plays each other...Nashville used the trap and it worked well against us.

Yes...

It seems like these fans (especially these new fans, and sadly some old timers) expect to win the cup every year now...

are you kidding me? there is no success for a team that comes close to winning the cup or any championship. you expect the best and anything less is a failure for a season, that is why they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.