Blackhawks Team Discussion Thread

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
My feeling is that this move is the axe to sharp. Along with tuevo replacing Bickell if you can move his contract. You keep darling and Crawford and play them both next season. Then decide based on health, what you can get, what you need, how the farm looks. Before too long I expect to see

saad-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Tuevo-Kane
Hartman-?-Baun
Shaw-Kruger-?

Seabs-Keith
Jchalmorson-johns
TVR-Pokka

Any team super fans want to explain where my projections are wrong and what the cap or forgotten prospects might change on this?

lol

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

way to contribute to the discussion.

I'm just really curious how things project and I don't know rockford well enough, or hockey well enough for that matter to know devo schedules. Its seems to me

Johns, Tuevo, Panarin, TVR, Baun, Hartman, McNeil are probably all ready to start next year? Who else?
Pokka, Baun, McNeil certainly the year after, though Baun will be out of contract.

Seabs, Crow, Bigfoot, Sharp, Oduya are the contract fat that is always talked about culling.

What roster makes sense in light of Tuevo/Panarin/Hartman/Baun all of a sudden being viable options in 2016?
What is the 2017 outlook?

I'm pretty sure this thread is titled blackhawks team discussion.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
My feeling is that this move is the axe to sharp. Along with tuevo replacing Bickell if you can move his contract. You keep darling and Crawford and play them both next season. Then decide based on health, what you can get, what you need, how the farm looks. Before too long I expect to see

saad-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Tuevo-Kane
Hartman-?-Baun
Shaw-Kruger-?

Seabs-Keith
Jchalmorson-johns
TVR-Pokka

Any team super fans want to explain where my projections are wrong and what the cap or forgotten prospects might change on this?

would be nice to get a good draft pick next year I guess...And what the hell happened to Hammer?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Vlashcmorsonski is my fav.

Pararin is officially signed now.

That line-up has too many rookies in the D. I'd think they'll have to add some vet cheap body in there for the 3rd line that they may get back in a trade to fill out the depth. I don't think Pokka will immediately make the club but could be getting playing time up and down in the year.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
way to contribute to the discussion.

I'm just really curious how things project and I don't know rockford well enough, or hockey well enough for that matter to know devo schedules. Its seems to me

Johns, Tuevo, Panarin, TVR, Baun, Hartman, McNeil are probably all ready to start next year? Who else?
Pokka, Baun, McNeil certainly the year after, though Baun will be out of contract.

Seabs, Crow, Bigfoot, Sharp, Oduya are the contract fat that is always talked about culling.

What roster makes sense in light of Tuevo/Panarin/Hartman/Baun all of a sudden being viable options in 2016?
What is the 2017 outlook?

I'm pretty sure this thread is titled blackhawks team discussion.

Really, there's a ton of question marks still to be played out with this year's team before you can have too much of an educated guess about next year.

So far, I think you could lock in these players for next year (not necessarily on those line combos, but definitely on the roster)

Saad-Toews-Hossa
?? - Teuvo - Kane
?? - ?? - ??
Nordstrom-Kruger Shaw
Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-??
??-??

And even Kruger is a name who I'm not 100 percent sure is going to be back next season, as he could be allowed to walk in restricted free agency for a younger/cheaper option in Danault.

Also don't know who's going to leave town in salary-cutting moves, though I imagine Sharp is at the top of the list. Others could include Bickell, Seabrook, and perhaps even Crawford if Darling got another shot in net and proved to be worth the starting position (though I'm not expecting that to happen).

But players who I'm about 80 percent sure are playing their last games with the Hawks are Vermette, Timonen, Desjardins, and Oduya.

And there are a good number of NHL-ready prospects in Rockford, from what I've read. McNeill and Danault are certainly ready at forward, and I think Stephen Johns and TVR will be with the big club next year as well. Artem Panarin is certainly in the discussion now as well.

So, still a ton of question marks.

And I have no idea about 2017 because I still don't have any idea about 2016.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Panarin is a lock. He makes the team or back to KHL, which is just an agents way of keeping him out of Rockford.

I really like the idea of a stud young foreign forward to give Tuevo someone to grow with. Putting Tuevo at center and Kane leading that exciting line would be interesting.

The sooner Pokka can get up, Tuevo has someone to speak Finnish with, similar to the move for Timo. I'm sure Tuevo is getting mentored by Timo on life in America, life in NHL, professionalism, women, all of that.

From what I remember, Pokka is his friend from under 20 teams and with winning league defenseman of the year he should be up sooner than later despite his age.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Panarin is a lock. He makes the team or back to KHL, which is just an agents way of keeping him out of Rockford.

I'd say that's why he is NOT a lock, because it's not 100 percent certain he'll make the team.

Basically, we need to know if he can play defense. That seems to be the deciding factor in Q's mind when dealing with younger players.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dream scenario

Hossa-Toews-Saad
Kane-Tuevo-Sharp
Bickell-McNeil-Hartman
Kruger-Shaw-Panarin Danault, Nordstrom, Baun, Carcillo with Nicolas Cage's prosthetic face from Faceoffwhen he needs a new one.

Keith-Johns
Seabs-Tvr
Pokka-Djarlmorson Rozy's corpse pushed around the ice by the ice scraper girls. The league will allow this for Q and TV ratings.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
You've got a lot of rookies involved in your "potential 2015-16" lineup. More than most coaches will be comfortable with, especially on the defensive side. I could see maybe Pokka getting a chance, but I also think the Hawks will go dumpster diving again for the 500k contracts.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Dream scenario

Hossa-Toews-Saad
Kane-Tuevo-Sharp
Bickell-McNeil-Hartman
Kruger-Shaw-Panarin Danault, Nordstrom, Baun, Carcillo with Nicolas Cage's prosthetic face from Faceoffwhen he needs a new one.

Keith-Johns
Seabs-Tvr
Pokka-Djarlmorson Rozy's corpse pushed around the ice by the ice scraper girls. The league will allow this for Q and TV ratings.

I don't think your team is cap-compliant, though. Between Sharp/Bickell/Seabrook, one of those salaries will have to come off the books.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I refuse to even consider this crap until after they bring home the Stanley Cup.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You've got a lot of rookies involved in your "potential 2015-16" lineup. More than most coaches will be comfortable with, especially on the defensive side. I could see maybe Pokka getting a chance, but I also think the Hawks will go dumpster diving again for the 500k contracts.

I worry about this, too. The past indicates this is what the Hawks will choose to do. The Sean O'Donnell, Fernando Pisani types.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I refuse to even consider this crap until after they bring home the Stanley Cup.

I'd agree with you for the most part, but it's been 5 days since the last game. Need something to talk about.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't think they'll have the same hampering vet contract spots they had in 11-12, I think just for 1 Defenseman likely they'll have a body there.

As far as forwards, maybe they resign Desjarnards but there's too many guys actually ready to fit that I don't think it will happen. I think you may wind up playing a Ross-Danult-McNeil line as one of the bottom 6 lines and keeping Kruger, with maybe Shaw/Nordstrom on his sides as the other.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If they trade Sharp and Bickell, there's a decent chance they'll get some depth players out of that, but I wouldn't expect much as talent coming back would cost $ and then what's the point of making the trade?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If they trade Sharp and Bickell, there's a decent chance they'll get some depth players out of that, but I wouldn't expect much as talent coming back would cost $ and then what's the point of making the trade?

Salary cap flexibility.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Salary cap flexibility.

If it's going to be trading Sharp for a 4 million dollar defenseman or Bickell for a 3 million dollar skater, your not getting much flexibility.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If it's going to be trading Sharp for a 4 million dollar defenseman or Bickell for a 3 million dollar skater, your not getting much flexibility.

That's why I think those trades will be for picks or prospects.

Variable

Liked Posts:
As far as trading players goes, it probably has to be some combo of Bickell, Sharp, Crawford, preferably Crawford and Bickell. I don't see how they trade Seabrook seeing as they're already losing Oduya and it would leave them with only Hammer and Keith as the only proven d-men on the team.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Marty Reasoner....

You can always trade the guys you got back in a mode to get even more cap free if they're not some player you think you want to play at a cheap option. But there's still room if they move 10MIL for a 2-3 MIL range Dman or something of that nature to be added outside as long as you don't pay Saad 7 MIL