BR: Bears Trying To Trade Cutler to get Mariota

Mitchapalooza

and the one thing the Bears need desperately are draft picks, so let's give them away to move up for what?
When did i say i wanted to? Just saying VALUE wise its good for a trade up. jesus christ guys.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Doesn't sound like they need to give away all the picks...you are excellent at overreacting to anything relating to Cutler

that's what the story in the link stated. try reading it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't even have words. It would be an hour before I could even talk. I'd be like one of these dogs whose owners have just back from deployment.

If Pace put it on the table like that I would be stunned, stunned.

jc456

Liked Posts:
When did i say i wanted to? Just saying VALUE wise its good for a trade upm jesus christ guys.
but the bears need more draft picks, not to move up. That's what I'm saying.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
why? And why the other teams? How does that benefit the other teams. Come on man. Calling people liar is no class.

Oh, and I don't care if Cutler isn't on the team this year. I don't. I don't want to give up draft picks to get rid of him. let him go and draft. I don't care.

I take it you have never had to negotiate anything in your life...but if the Bears come out and confirm that they are trying to get rid of Cutler than it puts a strain on the relationship between Cutler and the Bears...also confirming it can potentially and more than likely kill what ever value Cutler has, if another team wants Cutler and see that no one actually wanted him, than if they wait long enough they can end up trading for him at a much lower cost. The other teams don't want to confirm it either because if they confirm a report that contradicts what the Bears had said than they essentially shoot themselves in the foot because why would the Bears ever want to deal with them again when they had just sold them out to the media? It also helps in their negotiations, for example if Tennessee would have come out and said yes we are trying to work out a deal for Cutler, that could trigger a team like Cleveland to potentially sneak in there and offer a better deal to Chicago and "steal" Cutler away from Tennessee.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would take the deal in a heartbeat. Why in holy hell would Tennessee take the deal?

I don't see it, but of course many things have happened that I didn't expect. That is why I'm not promising to eat an actual crow or anything like that.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

The only thing the Bears would "lose" moving up to get Mariota is Cutler and his future cap hit(s), if the proposed trade with the Titans even happens. I don't have strong feelings 1 way or the other with this trade. I don't care for either QB, since I don't see either of them as a long term answer for the Bears.

I think the Bears should just keep their #7 pick unless some team approaches them with a deal they can't pass up during the draft, then I listen.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
even though they say they never did? And the teams interviewed by the media confirm that? wow now you call them all liars eh? What's changed since last month? Where is the value to wait a month to do this? I haven't heard that yet.

Is this like your first week following professional sports? All teams lie...regularly. I suppose you think politicians tell the truth too?

Mitchapalooza

I know. I never advocated the trade. I'm saying our 7th, Cutler and our 2nd isn't a bad trade if we were to trade up. I don't want to either

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I know that. So now the other team is locked this year and next. wow what a deal on a guy every hater on here claims was paid too much. here take his salary and oh take all of our draft picks so we can suck for another five years.
The only way it wouldn't kick in is if the Bears would have traded him before the league year deadline and then the team that acquired him, immediately cut him. Any team trading for him is not going to cut him after one year.

Why is this so hard to understand for so many?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
that's what the story in the link stated. try reading it.

According to the Draft Value Chart used by many teams around the league, the Bears would have to surrender their entire draft and more to move up from the seventh pick to the second pick, though if Cutler were in the trade, that obviously changes the calculation a bit. Either way, this is now something more to watch in the Mariota sweepstakes.

You should learn to read it all the way through and not stop at what you want to read.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Imagine, the Bears pull the trade, go to 2, take Mariota, who everyone thinks is in Hawaii. But secretly he appears on stage at draft town in Grant Park wearing a Bears jersey with Brian Urlacher, who doesn't think he is a pussy, waving a Cubs flag that is thrown to him as he runs on stage by Nikola Mirotic.

waving a cubs flag fail part one lol definitely a pussy

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I would take the deal in a heartbeat. Why in holy hell would Tennessee take the deal?

I don't see it, but of course many things have happened that I didn't expect. That is why I'm not promising to eat an actual crow or anything like that.

The premise is because Wisenhunt needs to win now or he's fired. He doesn't have time to develop Mariota who isn't even his type of QB, or Mettenberger who's a project with injury concerns. They've got a good defense and maybe Cutler gets them to 9-7 and a WC berth. Wisenhunt uses Cutler for two years and then dumps him with no cap penalty, because Cutler's pay-as-you-go after 2016.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The premise is because Wisenhunt needs to win now or he's fired. He doesn't have time to develop Mariota who isn't even his type of QB, or Mettenberger who's a project with injury concerns. They've got a good defense and maybe Cutler gets them to 9-7 and a WC berth. Wisenhunt uses Cutler for two years and then dumps him with no cap penalty, because Cutler's pay-as-you-go after 2016.
Emery & Trestman sort of needed to win now, too. Maybe if TN got Pace to pick up Cutler's salary this year it might look like a better deal for them? Idk why any coach would be lobbying to trade for a well-known coach killer.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Are we going to bring in Chip Kelly? If not, we can expect to go 3-13 next year.

LOL. You "sky is falling" people entertain me. We had a train wreck of a season last year, with a terrible coach who lost the locker room, a QB who didn't care and was a turnover machine, one of the league's worst defenses, and horrible special teams, and went 5-11. Now we hire a brand new coach, coordinators, and GM, and sign a bunch of free agents that are better than the trash they're replacing; so by your calculations, because we would draft Mariota we would become 2 games worse than that? Some of you seriously need to think before putting your thoughts out there on the internets. Good Lord.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Why would the Titans want Cutler and his contract when they can draft top qb and get him for cheap? Plus he will sell tickets.