BR: Bears Trying To Trade Cutler to get Mariota

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think the idea that QBs need to sit a year or so to get better is not always true. Would Russell Wilson be better right now if he had sat 3 years and this is going to be his rookie year in 2015? Would Kyle Orton have been a better QB if he was not thrown right in in 2005?

jc456

Liked Posts:
You are quite entertaining. First of all drafting a potential franchise QB buys Pace years and is far from a move that would be considered a "job killer".

Secondly Mariota has everything you would want in a QB and there is no reason he can't start. Every rookie QB is going to go through growing pains but at least there will be growth unlike our current situation.

Finally, under the current rookie wage scale a QB selected at #2 is paid along the lines of what the average backup claims in the open market.
Not sure why a team that is desperately trying to rebuild its defense, wants to give away draft picks that would help, only to instead bring in a rookie QB at #2. Wow, defeats the job need at hand. Build the defense.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
A Rod. looked very, VERY good throwing the ball in Cal's offense while there. i remember he stepped in as a nobody 19 yr old and tore it up as a true Soph. who had just transferred from JUCO, so while he definitely did develop under Farve, there was quite a bit to develop in Aaron as a thrower of the football....lets not kid ourselves.

Completely different situation from Mariota who has never run an offense anything like what is run in the NFL.

You can throw your hands up and pretend there is no information because there is a decent amount of uncertainty, or you can glean the available information and make the best estimation you can. I would hope our FO does the latter and doesn't just spray itself anytime a QB with a big name comes available.....

If he is not underneath center calling plays in college then I don't want him. He will be so far behind that it will hurt us. We need to look past Mariota. It's just bunch of hand signals or whatever they do that's different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's not your team/money/decision...so why do you care?

That makes no sense. Do you have to be an owner or GM to have an opinion? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that's where the decisions are coming from with input from the coaching staff. I'm just a fan and entitled to my opinion. "we're" all in this together.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If he is not underneath center calling plays in college then I don't want him. He will be so far behind that it will hurt us. We need to look past Mariota. It's just bunch of hand signals or whatever they do that's different.

Spread, hurry up. Play calls come from the sideline.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Ask yourself this:

What is Mariota's absolute ceiling? Probably Russell Wilson
What is Mariota's floor? A poor man's RG3.

Is the pick worth it?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
What is Winston's absolute ceiling? Probably Aaron Rodgers
What is Winston's floor? JaMarcus Russell

Is that pick worth it? Probably more so than Mariota.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
let him go then, I don't care, and go with Clausen and bring up the other kid.

That would be a GM-killer move

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What is Winston's absolute ceiling? Probably Aaron Rodgers
What is Winston's floor? JaMarcus Russell

Is that pick worth it? Probably more so than Mariota.

Considering Russell only played a couple years in the league...Mariota is probably the safe pick

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
we get rid of a guy who we all know is going to suck
we get rid of his massive salary
we get a guy who may or may not suck

just doing the first 2 is a win in my book, hell i'd trade cutler for a ham sandwich right now

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
then he's stuck with two GM killer moves or he sticks with the evil he knows.

Why would anyone in their right mind do that?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The offence that Gase has run features a TON of shotgun.

jc456

Liked Posts:
getting rid of Cutler would make Pace the hero of Chicago. Doing this trade buys him years.

and forfeit the future is something I don't think he wishes to do. It's a job killer.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
That makes no sense. Do you have to be an owner or GM to have an opinion? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that's where the decisions are coming from with input from the coaching staff. I'm just a fan and entitled to my opinion. "we're" all in this together.

You missed the sarcasm...that is jc's go to argument when a poster is discussing anything Bears related, but mostly when it involves Cutler

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I know you wouldn't do it. Doesn't mean that the guy with the keys won't, and right now my money is on him.

Oh...I would trade Cutler if given the choice, pretty sure Pace would too.