BR: Bears Trying To Trade Cutler to get Mariota

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I like Windy's idea about being aggressive. Sitting around hoping for a QB gem to fall into your lap seems like a bad plan. Not sure Mariota is worth the risk- but I can see why some people would like him. Still- it is all a smokescreen. One ought not believe anything heard or written about draft rumors this time of year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:bizarro:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like we were winning more than 6 games otherwise?

With Cutler and this roster I think we win 6-7 games, pick around 15.

Without him who knows, but 3-13 wouldn't be the worse thing for restocking talent.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I sometimes wonder if he really is that dumb or if he is trolling the hell out of us?

I tend to think it's a combo platter, much like the ol BearsBud

He was troll-stupid

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
and the one thing the Bears need desperately are draft picks, so let's give them away to move up for what?
Where did was get this idea that the Bears desperately need draft picks?

southloopstern

Liked Posts:
Anyone that thinks Mariotta is a bust really hasn't been watching the NFL for the last 10 years...

Anyone who thinks Mariotta is over-valued in the top 5 has a valid argument.

Anyone who thinks he is not worthy of a 7-12 pick (chance) has not watched his games.

Anyone who thinks the Bears should not trade Cutler and the #7 for the # 2 (regardless) is a complete fucking mental midget.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Someone who knows what they're talking about.

If you have time, take a listen to Daniel Jeremiah's 360 podcast on Mariota. He discusses his strengths and weaknesses. I can't link it because i'm new to the board.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I see Mariota having similar impact to Cam Newton. Cam was in the same position coming out of the draft, not calling plays out of the huddle and he had a fantastic rookie year.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Does he touch on his horrible hair plugs during the podcast at all?

If not, I wouldn't be interested.

Liked Posts:
I'm all for trading for & drafting Mariota, even more so if the Bears could get him without having to trade up even if that means having to give him similar time to develop like GB did with Rodgers. I like seeing that SD has interest too. They've done a pretty good job at acquiring QB's from Stan Humphries, Brees, & Rivers.

That being said, I' almost be happier in not trading picks, & just signing Phillip Rivers in 2016, who is worth the money being wasted on Cutler, very likely does have a good 3-5 seasons of play left in him while the Bears draft & develop another young QB, & I believe is QB that could lead a big market team like Chicago to the promised land.I think I'd almost be happier if the Bears just kept their picks, got far away from Cutler, & signed Rivers.

I'd lover to see the Bears draft a WR like White, extend Jeffery, draft another HB(if needed), maintain the good players on offense, tweak the O-line & defense, & then add Rivers in 2016.

Getting away from Cutler & his contract, & signing Rivers in 2016 just makes a lot of sense to me. Signing him not only lets the Bears draft & develop a young QB from what should be better draft classes, he would give the Bears legitimate chances of reaching & succeeding in the postseason while a young QB develops, & the Bears improve the defense because they didn't have to trade picks to move up for a young QB that I believe needs a at least a year to develop into a pro style offense.

I believe Rivers would shine in Chicago & would be a very wise investment when he more than likely doesn't resign in SD.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cam Newton and Mariota - is that supposed to be encouragement? If you look at pure athletic ability, I don't think it's close. I don't mind a trade, but I would not be selecting Mariota at 2.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Newer rumor today says Bradford to Cleveland for Manziel and high draft pick.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
I see Mariota having similar impact to Cam Newton. Cam was in the same position coming out of the draft, not calling plays out of the huddle and he had a fantastic rookie year.
Big Cam fan here and not really. Cam barely threw in college he had way more critics where Mariota lit it up passing and running. Mariota is way more farther along then Cam and Kap. Kap and Mariota look like clones they are very similar. Cap has bigger biceps and frame and Mariota is quicker.