***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Brandon's gotta be excited about being in NYC. Dude's gonna squirt with all those cameras and lights on him.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the memories BMarsh....

traded to the Jets for a 5th round pick

Adam Schefter

Bears have agreed to trade WR Brandon Marshall to the Jets pending a physical, per league source.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Emery's first move was trading for a #1 WR. Pace's first move was trading a #1 WR for what will likely amount to special teams contributions.

Well our specials teams was terrible last year

#madgeniuspace
#specialteamsneedlovetoo

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Could someone help me out with what this means on the money side of things, I'm only seeing talk of the pick, but I assume they are taking the full salary? I don't even know how much that is?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Well, we just opened up 20-30 mil over the next three years for free agents too.

And we all know that the right way to build a championship football team is to sign overpriced free agents.

The issue I have with this is it now ensures that you HAVE to either waste money signing a free agent WR, or you have a 'waste' a pick on a WR.

If the Bears went into the season with Alshon, Marshall and whomever (Wilson, vet min FA), it's still a great WR corps. Remember, just one year ago, everyone had the Bears as having the BEST WR corps in the league.

Assuming Marshall is healthy, the Bears just traded away a 1,000 yard, 10 TD WR for a late round pick that will turn into nothing.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This was one of those things that Bernstein and others jumped on.

Why is it a big deal? Based on his interviews on the Score - Robby Gould has a big mouth.

In this instance, Bears got blown out by 50. They were probably all yelling. Gould probably opened his mouth calling players out and Marshall probably said 'shut the fuck, you kick the ball'.

And he's right.

And by all accounts, when he was healthy, his 'kicking the ball' last year sucked.

This. He's the fucking kicker. It's about the same as a little brother trying to call out an older brother. Not a good plan.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
Come on Brandon, tank the physical. That's our one hope.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
just say no to cancer

Nick80

Good times. Hopefully Alshons little toenail won't play up otherwise Jimmy C is fucked.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
how was your morning shit?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I'll never forget the playoff victories.

#Memories

Who is the best WR in football?

Calvin Johnson? Lots of great playoff victories with him.

Andre Johnson? Them too.

NFL Football is a team game.

No one had a problem with 'no playoff victories' when Marshall and Jeffrey were putting up numbers (and regarded as) the best WR combo in the NFL just 1 season ago.