***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Maybe they needed a pick to add their trade proposal. Who knows. Maybe cutler, 4th and two 5th round picks for Foles. Maybe. I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

RisWell

Liked Posts:
And we all know that the right way to build a championship football team is to sign overpriced free agents.

The issue I have with this is it now ensures that you HAVE to either waste money signing a free agent WR, or you have a 'waste' a pick on a WR.

If the Bears went into the season with Alshon, Marshall and whomever (Wilson, vet min FA), it's still a great WR corps. Remember, just one year ago, everyone had the Bears as having the BEST WR corps in the league.

Assuming Marshall is healthy, the Bears just traded away a 1,000 yard, 10 TD WR for a late round pick that will turn into nothing.
We dont have enough balls to go around. So if Marshall can crack those #s i guess it means everybody else gets limited touches. We have plenty of weapons without Marshall and guess what we already have a double digit TD receiver on the team.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too bad they didn't take #6 too.

Thanks for some good memories Brandon Marshall.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I love this post. The jellyfish of a coach allows him to have his way to do a television show....Pace/Fox want him to stop, he refuses, then interviews John Harbaugh and asks him that if he could still do the tv show if he were on his team. He publicly slapped the new coach and GM in the face with something like that. And they get rid of him, the opposite of what a jellyfish would do and the new regime is shit on.

They even did Marshall a solid and sent him to New York so he can be right by his true love.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
motherfucker. Just got less excited about next season.

FUCK

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder how much shit will start to leak out about what really went on with him and this organization the past couple years. Especially if the organizations feels the fans are as upset as everyone here seems to be.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They never were going to get much more than that, getting a 3rd and shit was just a pipe dream.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Yeah, its not like rookie QBs appreciate having WRs to help them develop or anything.

Yeah not like Brandon can help a rookie by going up and getting the ball and getting YAC

MarshallTD_original_original.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So the Marshall trade happened while i was at work today so found a few minutes to come on here and make a couple of posts about it and read some of other posts but after my 45 minute drive home and thinking about it for the rest of the day......i'm fucking pissed that all Pace could get was a 5th round pick and for a new GM that should be wanting to make a good impression with his first big move i think he failed. I believe that he could of got a better deal if he would of waited it out maybe through the weekend and found a way to get a couple of teams to bid against each other and at the very least come away with two 5th rounders.

I'm pissed and hope Pace does something to show he can make a good move soon.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
I wonder how much shit will start to leak out about what really went on with him and this organization the past couple years. Especially if the organizations feels the fans are as upset as everyone here seems to be.

Unless he was committing a crime I could not possibly give less of a shit what went on between him and the front office.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Unless he was committing a crime I could not possibly give less of a shit what went on between him and the front office.

Maybe if he could have been a better blocker for our QB and RB

marsh.gif

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
When you begin rebuilding a team it's always best to start off by trading your best football player for a 5th.

Long, Forte, Bennett, and Jeffrey are all better than Marshall.