***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, don't want to read the whole thread. Any updates on the draft pick we're getting?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Simply amazing. The guy is the greatest receiver to ever wear a Bears uniform, and after one injury-plagued season, half of you are rejoicing that he's gone. I'll take a guy that can do this shit while injured any day:

brandon-marshall-1-hand-catch-against-49ers-a.gif

Mitchapalooza

If was the pass before tge hail merry. People so wuick to defend Marshall its insane
No shit. Read my post before that. We were down 5. He should have caught that but being in FG range wouldnt have done much but move us closer for a last play td throw

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A 5th for a top 5 NFL receiver, seems legit. the best receiver that has played for the Bears and they trade him away for a 5th. I still say the "locker room cancer" narrative was overblown. The entire locker room was fucked up last year. Stronger leadership from an experienced coach is what we have now and we get rid of Marshall. The locker room better be holding hands and singing songs next year because they are not going to win many games by giving up their best talent.

rob923

Liked Posts:
Simply amazing. The guy is the greatest receiver to ever wear a Bears uniform, and after one injury-plagued season, half of you are rejoicing that he's gone. I'll take a guy that can do this shit while injured any day:

Nice. If he doesn't pull that out of the air, it's probably intercepted by Niners #35.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm with you. As soon as I heard the news, I expected Cutlers head on a plate. No way we get rid of Brandon but not Jay. I was hoping FOX could hep control Marshall a bit since that's what FOX IS FUCKING KNOWN FOR. Turns out he'd rather not even try.

5th rounder...yippy fucking skippy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm sure that when Pace and Fox did their calling around to ask previous coaches about Cutler that they also got all the info they needed about Marshall as well.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Umm, wasn't Alshon hurt most of 2012?

And Devin Hester? What, did he have like 15 catches total?

Your post is not a smart one.

Alshon played 10 and started 6.

And hester being the 3rd of course didn't get a shit ton of targets... plus he had limited routes. If you don't understand the need to stretch the field, then perhaps you should drop out of the discussion.

You are not a smart man.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@CSNBoyle: B-Marsh is a great WR, probably best to ever wear a Bears uniform.. But it was all about B.. 15 constantly cussed out coaches & (cont)

@CSNBoyle: Teammates when he didn't get the ball.. (And he usually was targeted heavily) B-Marsh stayed in NYC after loss to Jets & was not in Chicago

@CSNBoyle: The Thur & Friday before the GB game.. Bears were upset but covered for 15 on injury report.. 15 went out and had a horrible game vs GB

@CSNBoyle: Not running correct routes & then refused to talk to media after the game., bottom line.. If Bears were close to SB, you try and deal

Svic

Liked Posts:
How come people can't think about how much of a turn off Marshall was to pace and fox. The whole thing about him asking other coaches if they would let him do his show. And when pace and fox say it should be about football #1. Marshall doesn't stop. Or maybe them having a conversation with about his future for the guy to start talking about in public. Adding all the last year stuff. Laughing at his bosses. Trying to fight fans. Questioning other guy contract. The whole moaning and bitching diva act to just show off and say "LOOK AT ME I WANNA TALK. LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT ME I CARE." Maybe pace and fox just didn't want teammates and coaches having to answer questions about him when they should worry only about the next game. Maybe Gase told them that he doesn't want to work with a guy like that.

Svic

Liked Posts:
@CSNBoyle: B-Marsh is a great WR, probably best to ever wear a Bears uniform.. But it was all about B.. 15 constantly cussed out coaches & (cont)

@CSNBoyle: Teammates when he didn't get the ball.. (And he usually was targeted heavily) B-Marsh stayed in NYC after loss to Jets & was not in Chicago

@CSNBoyle: The Thur & Friday before the GB game.. Bears were upset but covered for 15 on injury report.. 15 went out and had a horrible game vs GB

@CSNBoyle: Not running correct routes & then refused to talk to media after the game., bottom line.. If Bears were close to SB, you try and deal

This and I wonder how much more there is hidden.

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
STupid ass Bears management and this decision probably came from the very top as in Phillips once again. Same old fucking Bears.

This is exactly my worry. If this is the start of a house cleaning then I can see the logic. As someone said earlier in this thread this team has been in rebuilding mode since 1986 and they don't know how to do it right. A house cleaning would be one way not tried.

BUT - if the rest of this new offseason is dropping a few insignificant players and moving forward w/ SSDD trying to compete next year then this absolutely shows Pace is a yes man to the McCaskeys and Phillips. Why? How in the hell can looking at video of Marshall on the field can Pace/Fox not want to keep this player if they want to compete next year? Bernstein has been going on and on since last season how his source in the front office at Halas Hall said Marshall was done in Chicago. Okay. Let me for a moment assume that this is true. Then Pace/Fox come in. Pace finally confirms that he has final say on this roster. And based on this video evaluation of Marshall he decides to trade him away for the whopping compensation of a 5th round pick. That deserves a collective WTF?

I was not in the blow it all up camp. But I am now. Because if Pace doesn't unleash a shit cleaning in the next few weeks it shows that this was a decision above Pace not in line w/ his plan.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Pace trades the best player on the team for a fifth round pick. His job is to make the team better, that's not what happened today.

If you look at the trade in a vacuum and don't consider anything else save his production I guess you're right.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm sure there are lots of other incidents similar to this.

There's never just one cockroach.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

If we were winning and had a coach that commanded respect none of this would be an issue. The problem is our previous HC was a jellyfish that had no one's respect. So those incidents were probably worse than they should have been.

Bottom line, IMO is that we're a worse team without Marshall.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If we were winning and had a coach that commanded respect none of this would be an issue. The problem is our previous HC was a jellyfish that had no one's respect. So those incidents were probably worse than they should have been.

Bottom line, IMO is that we're a worse team without Marshall.

The problem is that team would never win a super bowl. As a result, the Bears have to start over.