1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Because:

- Bernstein is a complete and utter douchbag
- Bernstein suffers from some bizarre unhealthy hatred of Marshall
- Bernstein does the typical 'unnamed anonymous source' thing
- Bernstein engages in innuendo and rumor
- Bernstein - whether it be sports of his ultra lefty political stance dujour - passes off theory as fact

Didn't take a genius to see that there was a very good likelihood that Fox and Pace were going to move on from Marshall.

It's actually unfortunate for Dan. Every Superman needs his Lex Luther. With Marshall gone, that leaves a 3 hour void in every Bernstein show. He can fill it at least two hours of it with more innuendo and rumor about Patrick Sharp - great content that he sourced from the Walter Cronkite of internet sports journalism - TerezOwens.com.

I sure hope something happens at Penn State so that Bernstein will have something to fill the Marshall void.
I don't understand the bold. Why is it wrong for somebody in the media to have an unnamed source? Was the work of Woodward and Bernstein (heh) any less significant because they gave Felt the name Deep Throat? Would anybody be a source for anybody if they were always named?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How do you know this? Two prior teams wanted rid of him so how do you know Pace didn't do his own homework on the situation and come to the decision to move on without him himself?

People are just makin shit up to fit their personal agenda. I'm probably guilty of it too. Fact is no one will ever know the full story. (at least anytime soon)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
by way of a pissing contest intermission, I am sort of hoping Briggs unloads some dirt on the team now that he won't be returning.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
How do you know this? Two prior teams wanted rid of him so how do you know Pace didn't do his own homework on the situation and come to the decision to move on without him himself?

I don't know.

It's a guess. Pace may have wanted him gone regardless of what ownership wanted but I think it's clear ownership informed Pace before he was hired and said he'd evaluate the roster himself but it's all politics. This was probably agreed upon during the interview or made it clear how they felt about him and Pace went along with it to get hired.

Got to keep the big guys happy to get the job.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All sarcasm and witty remarks aside im happy we are cleaning house. That includes Cutler, Forte and Marshall. It is time to move on. I love all three as bears snd im sad to see the end without a ring but its over. Good luck to Marshall, Cutler and forte if he is next

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so, ted phillips? Virgina?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The more people pissed the more I know PAce got this right. C'mon, Marshall's hip is bound to act up again and his other injuries that keep creeping up. He is at the beginning of the end for him. Perfect time for us to dump him. Be glad we got a 5th. I think it was obvious to other GM's we would cut him if no trade was worked out. Jets figured offer a 5th so that they can snag him and not have anyone else trying to lure him.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
brandon pissed off ownership.

Ownership told pace before he was hired they want him gone.

Pace gets rid of marshall to make his new bosses happy.

Pace may have "full control" of the roster but he took this job with conditions.

lol

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
by way of a pissing contest intermission, I am sort of hoping Briggs unloads some dirt on the team now that he won't be returning.

Likewise... to be a fly on the wall in the building... I can only imagine the level of complete dysfunction throughout the years. Briggs should really consider writing a tell all memoir.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
What do all these people who are whining about the trade think a guy like Marshall is worth?

The fucking JETS(!!!!) got him for a 5th rounder. If that's the best offer they could get then obviously that's what he's worth to teams in the NFL.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Also, does anyone have a copy of Pace and Foxs strategy for FA and the draft? It's so much easier to complain when you don't know what the overall picture is.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don't think it's at all possible a first time GM may have been influenced by Bears ownership?

If pace got rid of Marshall to appease bears ownership who dont do shit but collect money he needs to go

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think ted phillips is a conference room cancer

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the bold. Why is it wrong for somebody in the media to have an unnamed source? Was the work of Woodward and Bernstein (heh) any less significant because they gave Felt the name Deep Throat? Would anybody be a source for anybody if they were always named?

Because if you listen to Bernstein enough you'll know that the 'anonymous source' is often 'Rumor N. Innuendo'.

Hell, he spent time over the last week referencing 'sources' of TerezOwens and Sports Mockery re: the Patrick Sharp stuff.

It's simple - if you have something to say, say it. Don't dance around innuendo. Again, the Blackhawks stuff is a great case in point.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
If pace got rid of Marshall to appease bears ownership who dont do shit but collect money he needs to go

They should collect money. They are the owners of a business. Business owners should make 'collecting money' their #1 priority.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Because if you listen to Bernstein enough you'll know that the 'anonymous source' is often 'Rumor N. Innuendo'.

Hell, he spent time over the last week referencing 'sources' of TerezOwens and Sports Mockery re: the Patrick Sharp stuff.

It's simple - if you have something to say, say it. Don't dance around innuendo. Again, the Blackhawks stuff is a great case in point.
You didn't answer my questions.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Bears according to Spotrac have 32million available now with Marshall gone in cap space (26.7 million with the draft pool)