***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
This is just a generic argument fans use when they want to attack a player on stats and don't have a lot of other ammo. Yeah, it's Special person, but it's used a lot around here for sure.

Just imagine if we didn't have Marshall. We would've went to so many playoffs.

Reactions: 1ke

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
so you want a rebuild but you want to keep a 30+ year old WR?? hmmmmm

Whats your point? Your reasoning is so thin that it isn't worth even replying to. If this is the argument you are telling yourself to make you accept the teams decision to trade Marshall, you're self diluted.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No it wasn't. It was the hail mary that incomplete pass that ended the game and the Packers took down the division.

Marshall left it' all out there that day.

Like o said to the other guy it was the pass before the hail marry. Marshall out right dropped it and laid on the grass afterwards

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
We've heard ad naseum from the usual suspects (Bernstein, Hub, Rosenbloom) about this 'locker room cancer' shit.

Have ANY of them substantiated it? It's 'rumor repeated so often is becomes fact'.

Has any player (by name) said as much? By all accounts, we've seen guys like Long (considered a leader) defend him. We've seen Bennett do it. We've heard Bushrod on the Score do it. We've heard Pat Mannelly (his teammate for 2 years do it).

So, please, if he's a cancer, name the players that feel this way.

By all accounts, the ENTIRE locker room was a big cancer cell last season.

Not to mention, that we are all happy with a housecleaning except for a few players, correct? Why the fuck does it matter if a number of players who won't (and shouldn't be on this team) felt he was a 'cancer'?

He's got a big mouth. So what? We all have a guy at work who has a big mouth or is a pain in the ass. If he produces, you deal with it. By all accounts, Andrew Shaw is a guy that fucking drives people nuts in the locker room. So what?

Honestly, in my 38 years plus of engraining myself in all things NFL football, I've never heard this 'locker room cancer' shit as much as I heard it over the last two seasons. I really think it and the dopey 'leadership' bullshit are silly things that reporters and bored fans project onto a team. Look all the dickbags who have played in the NFL. I'd bet their locker rooms weren't always harmony and peace. Especially when you couple a 34 year old player in the same locker room as a 21 year old. Light years in difference of personality and maturity.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've been gone for a few hours.

What's happened?

Has Nyan de-modded himself?

Are Bears fans jumping off buildings yet?

Have they traded Cutler for a head of cabbage yet?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've been gone for a few hours.

What's happened?

Has Nyan de-modded himself?

Are Bears fans jumping off buildings yet?

Have they traded Cutler for a head of cabbage yet?
Nvan's gone into hiding.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Brandon pissed off ownership.

Ownership told Pace before he was hired they want him gone.

Pace gets rid of Marshall to make his new bosses happy.

Pace may have "full control" of the roster but he took this job with conditions.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Like o said to the other guy it was the pass before the hail marry. Marshall out right dropped it and laid on the grass afterwards
Thank you. Someone else remembers that one. It hit Marshall right in the chest and he just laid there for a second.. That's when I knew the game was over. That would've been a HUGE gain. Not to mention Jeffery dropping that pass right before that play, remember that one? That would've ended the game.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
http://chicagofootball.com/2015/03/06/hub-arkush-brandon-marshall-trade-addition-by-subtraction/a360rmf/

Hub Arkush: Brandon Marshall trade addition by subtraction

The bottom line on the Chicago Bears trade of Brandon Marshall to the New York Jets is it’s addition by subtraction regardless of what the mid-to-late round draft choice compensation is, and the Bears are the big winners.

Marshall’s presence had become more than a distraction to his coaches, teammates and the Bears front office. He was like a cloud hanging over the team and the inescapable stamp of dysfunction put on it by former general manager Phil Emery.

Yes, Marshall was an All-Pro in terms of production and individual honors and will probably continue to be one of the top five pass catchers in the NFL.

But exactly how many wins and trips to the playoffs did that translate to for the Bears?

In fact, how many wins and playoff trips has it translated to for any of the three teams he has played with over his nine-year NFL career?

You got it, zero and zero.

Pro football is the ultimate team sport and Marshall is as serious a team-buster as I’ve seen in 37 years covering the game. He has demonstrated a half-life of about two or three seasons with any team he’s been with – Marshall was injured a good part of his rookie campaign in Denver – and the outcome is always the same.

The reasons are sensitive and difficult to discuss while trying to remain fair to Marshall, who may not be a bad person.

The Marshall we’ve seen in Chicago has actually been a good person but a bad teammate due to his self diagnosed and proclaimed mental illness. Mental illness is as difficult a disease or combination of diseases as there are to deal with. Marshall clearly suffers from some form or another and for that he deserves our sympathy, not our scorn.

But the reason I have to qualify him as perhaps not a bad person is in the early years of his career he compiled a record of domestic abuse of women that rivals almost any we’ve seen in the NFL recently.

He seems to have found an answer to that problem with no new incidents for a number of years now, but it’s in the eyes of the beholders as to whether that can ever be forgotten or a person with that record can be a good man.

The real problem with Marshall today is there are many folks who struggle with mental illness and find ways to become good people and good teammates. Marshall is nowhere near there yet.

His constant need for the spotlight, often at the expense of teammates and the team, and me–first attitude about everything creates an impossible environment in the locker room, on the sidelines, and in the huddle. That is why he absolutely had to go.

Here is the most important part of all of this and it’s the really good news. New general manager and head coach Ryan Pace and John Fox get it.

It appeared obvious in the tone and between the lines of most of their comments that the business of healing their football team couldn’t begin with Marshall here, and now they’ve wasted no time in getting the job done.

Yes, it leaves the Bears now in need of number one and number three receivers. But there are plenty of free agents like the recently wooed Brian Hartline who can be fine threes, and if ever there was a draft to find a number one this could be it.

Recent trends have suggested West Virginia’s Kevin White could come off the board first and Alabama’s Amari Cooper could slip to seven. Marshall for Cooper and a draft pick, that’s a trade I’ll make every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

And Marshall fans don’t despair. I have no idea what new Jets GM Mike Maccagnan could be thinking but Marshall is in the Big Apple where he obviously wanted to be, and now in the same locker room with Percy Harvin and Geno Smith.

The folks at TMZ and the National Enquirer must have all died and gone to Heaven.

I just re-read this.

Let's say what Hub states happens and the Bears use their #7 pick for Cooper.

A team that had historically bad defense for the last two years has an opportunity to draft a day one difference making pass rusher in a draft that is loaded with difference making pass rushers who will all go in the top 15. Instead of using that pick and doing just that, they may now use that pick to draft a #1 WR, which they had just 4 hours ago?

Makes sense.

I will honestly lose my shit if they draft Amari Cooper at #1. If that happens, the Marshall trade effectively makes TWO positions weaker (#1 WR and the vacancy left by the pass rusher that wasn't taken).

Yes, Marshall is coming off injury and yes, he's 31, but we are still talking about a top 5 WR in the NFL. A guy that resulted in 31 TDS over the last 3 seasons (and that includes a number of missed games last season).

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
Really? The Dallas Cowboys feature arguably the biggest egocentric fuckstain in sports and they were one terrible call away from being in the NFCCG

I don't care how much you hate the lions, I do more than most anybody... but they creamed the Cowboys on their home turf, and should of walked away with a win. The lions got screwed so hard even the president commented and said if he was a lions fan he'd feel screwed. The cowboys weren't winning anything, and are not a top level team, not unless you think the lions are too.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We've heard ad naseum from the usual suspects (Bernstein, Hub, Rosenbloom) about this 'locker room cancer' shit.

Have ANY of them substantiated it? It's 'rumor repeated so often is becomes fact'.

Has any player (by name) said as much? By all accounts, we've seen guys like Long (considered a leader) defend him. We've seen Bennett do it. We've heard Bushrod on the Score do it. We've heard Pat Mannelly (his teammate for 2 years do it).

So, please, if he's a cancer, name the players that feel this way.

By all accounts, the ENTIRE locker room was a big cancer cell last season.

Not to mention, that we are all happy with a housecleaning except for a few players, correct? Why the fuck does it matter if a number of players who won't (and shouldn't be on this team) felt he was a 'cancer'?

He's got a big mouth. So what? We all have a guy at work who has a big mouth or is a pain in the ass. If he produces, you deal with it. By all accounts, Andrew Shaw is a guy that fucking drives people nuts in the locker room. So what?

Honestly, in my 38 years plus of engraining myself in all things NFL football, I've never heard this 'locker room cancer' shit as much as I heard it over the last two seasons. I really think it and the dopey 'leadership' bullshit are silly things that reporters and bored fans project onto a team. Look all the dickbags who have played in the NFL. I'd bet their locker rooms weren't always harmony and peace. Especially when you couple a 34 year old player in the same locker room as a 21 year old. Light years in difference of personality and maturity.
How often do you see elite players shipped out of three teams in the space of six years for low trade value? You don't think maybe the teams who spend time experiencing life with Brandon Marshall maybe understand how he is a little better than you?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thank you. Someone else remembers that one. It hit Marshall right in the chest and he just laid there for a second.. That's when I knew the game was over. That would've been a HUGE gain. Not to mention Jeffery dropping that pass right before that play, remember that one? That would've ended the game.
The Jeffrey pass was hotly contested, it would have been a miracle if he caught that.

The Marshall pass should have been caught.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brandon pissed off ownership.

Ownership told Pace before he was hired they want him gone.

Pace gets rid of Marshall to make his new bosses happy.

Pace may have "full control" of the roster but he took this job with conditions.
How do you know this? Two prior teams wanted rid of him so how do you know Pace didn't do his own homework on the situation and come to the decision to move on without him himself?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
How often do you see elite players shipped out of three teams in the space of six years for low trade value? You don't think maybe the teams who spend time experiencing life with Brandon Marshall maybe understand how he is a little better than you?

Then it should be easy for Hub, Bernstein and Rosenbloom to provide the names of these players that determine he's a cancer.

On the contrary, I see comments from players praising him - including one actually regarded as a team leader (Long).

BTW, Randy Moss was traded from 3 teams as well.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And you worship at the altar of a radio host who make any generalizations I do pale in comparison. Funny that.
But I don't, other than in your mind. You just disproved your own point five minutes after you first made it. You're talking yourself into circles with nonsense. You should probably just stop.