***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol no. My point is that 90% of this fan base had a blind trust in Emery. It's okay to have faith in your GM, but you should question every action.
Well that's fair enough.

I have questioned the Marshall trade and my opinion is that it's the right move.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with you, but if you read this board many on here flamed Bernstein and anyone who thought he was correct and had info.

Because:

- Bernstein is a complete and utter douchbag
- Bernstein suffers from some bizarre unhealthy hatred of Marshall
- Bernstein does the typical 'unnamed anonymous source' thing
- Bernstein engages in innuendo and rumor
- Bernstein - whether it be sports of his ultra lefty political stance dujour - passes off theory as fact

Didn't take a genius to see that there was a very good likelihood that Fox and Pace were going to move on from Marshall.

It's actually unfortunate for Dan. Every Superman needs his Lex Luther. With Marshall gone, that leaves a 3 hour void in every Bernstein show. He can fill it at least two hours of it with more innuendo and rumor about Patrick Sharp - great content that he sourced from the Walter Cronkite of internet sports journalism - TerezOwens.com.

I sure hope something happens at Penn State so that Bernstein will have something to fill the Marshall void.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Never get defensive or pissed about this stuff, but for barely anyone to give Lemming the full credit of the Marshall trade pissed me off. Him and I were talking last night and he gave me the idea that it was going through, but to not get credit an hour before any national writers said anything was bullshit.

Glad to see Rappaport showing some love though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And yet, your opinions are exact cut and pastes of Bernstein's. That's surprising to me.
They aren't, at all. However, you are a consistent hyper-generalization machine so it doesn't surprise me that you see it that way.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Wow ... what an awful awful trade.
Just horrible.

Cutler better be right behind him.

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't like it, but I also have no idea what the Pacing Fox has planned. So just gotta chomp on the bit while they poor alcohol over the wound and cut out the rot.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brandon was a wonderful player for the Bears.

Was he a distraction? I'm sure he was. However, his production was undeniable.

I will never forget when he could barely walk going into that Week 2 Sunday night game against the 9ers and made one of the greatest TD catches we'll ever see.

Thank you, Brandon- we'll never forget you and hope you help take the Jets back to the promise land.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's such a stupid fucking argument. There are good players on every bad team. Marshall was one of the few guys on the team last year that actually gave a fuck about winning.

Marshall after the 33-28 loss to Green Bay to go to the playoffs two years ago:

I remember this picture. It was when Cutler threw a wide open pass to Marshall and he dropped it. Would have been in field goal range and . A first down

rob923

Liked Posts:
It worked out great because they struck lucky with a 3rd round QB that wound up turning into something very good.

They went into that season with Matt Flynn as their starter. Matt Flynn at the helm and Seattle isn't Seattle.

The draft at QB this year is regarded as one of the worst ever.

Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor were both 5th round draft picks by the Hawks. So 5th round picks aren't throwaways. Russell Wilson was a third round pick. It can be done in the later rounds.

You're right in that the Seahawks paid $10 million to Matt Flynn thinking he would be their starter, but Wilson -- a draft choice they thought "might" work out in the future -- beat Flynn out in training camp and during the preseason and the organization put their gut feelings ahead of the money they paid Flynn. Flynn sat on the bench for $10 million. And Wilson lit it up making less than $1 million. How many organizations would bench a QB they just paid $10 million to?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Never get defensive or pissed about this stuff, but for barely anyone to give Lemming the full credit of the Marshall trade pissed me off. Him and I were talking last night and he gave me the idea that it was going through, but to not get credit an hour before any national writers said anything was bullshit.

What kind of credit does he deserve?

He tweeted something.

Get this man a medal and a key to the city.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
No. I may be misguided in this but I don't view female on male violence as equal. I do think she's a fucking headcase but I reserve a lower opinion for men who beat women. Not that this really matters. I was answering Schm's question.

Well since you care so much, you may want to educate yourself on a) the prevalence of female on male domestic violence and b) the fact that the law is on the side of the female.

Ask a man who is in a marriage in which his wife is physically abusive if it is 'equal'. Knowing that you have little or no chance to 'win' your case in divorce proceedings, especially as it pertains to the children.

I lived this first hand as our neighbors went through it and we had to do the 'character testimony' thing as our kids were best friends. It's beyond fucked up.

If male on female domestic violence is bad, the reverse is equally as bad.

And it does 'really matter'. It matters a hell of a lot to the person fielding the abuse, regardless of gender.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet, your opinions are exact cut and pastes of Bernstein's. That's surprising to me.

To be honest, I know Mick has a brain and forms his own opinions, and in listening to Bernstein I know their opinion on men beating women is very much at the same level. So in conclusion I believe that Mick has formulated his own opinion and it just so happens to be the same as Bernstein.

Mick isn't called Captain Objectivity for nothing!

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
It blows losing a great WR when you root for a team that's basically never had one in your lifetime. We'll see how it turns out I guess. Obviously we're not privy to everything that goes on inside the building. Sometimes it's addition by subtraction. Harvin was a good player for SEA. They had more talent on the field with him than they did when they shipped him out. But he was a pain in the ass distraction. He was more of a problem on the field than Marshall was. Behind the scenes, who knows. Guys rarely change teams 3/4 times unless there's something wrong. Owens was a great player, but every team wanted him gone. He wanted to win. He trained hard and played hurt like BM does. But he was always a problem. And it was always everybody else, not him.

Bernstein wasn't the only one talking this. Hub wrote that article about it. Both Hub & Mark Potash were talking about this a couple months ago on Chicago Tribune Live or whatever the hell that show is called. Hub said you have to get rid of Marshall. Potsy said that it would be a good indicator of what kind of staff you have (Pace/Fox). If their first order of business is moving on from Marshall, you might have something. If they keep him, not so much. I have a hard time believing every reporter just had a hard on against Marshall. They've dealt with mercurial guys before. They're close enough to know what things are like behind the scenes.

I'll miss #15 on the field. Hopefully this makes the BEARS better in the long run.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Does that make Rappaport a Leming lemming? ...

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow ... what an awful awful trade.
Just horrible.

Cutler better be right behind him.

I believe he will be. I'm hoping Forte follows as well.

This regime as made it clear its time to rebuild and they're doing the right thing.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I remember this picture. It was when Cutler threw a wide open pass to Marshall and he dropped it. Would have been in field goal range and . A first down
Being in field goal range didnt mean shit at that point.. But it would have been closer to the end zone and they could have taken a couple of shots in there had he caught that one.