***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
The idea of trusting in Pace and Fox just because they're different from what we had before is idiotic. I still support Pace/Fox, but I strongly believe that this is a bad move that will haunt the Bears for the next few years.

why? to rebuild, you have to tear down. by the time this team has undone what the last two regimes have done, marshall would be done anyways. i admit it will make the next couple years far less enjoyable to watch, as i am a big fan of marshall on the field.

but in the end, this has much more to do with his fit behind the scenes. weeding out problems like marshall and briggs, and having the balls to ge t rid of them, is exactly why we brought fox and pace in here.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Marshall sure was hated by the Bears players wasn't he? What, no tweet from Robbie Gould and Rib Fat?

Funny that Robbie Gould's name keeps coming up in these threads.

Robbie Gould.

As #15 said - you kick the ball. If a kicker is your mouthpiece, leader, voice, etc, something is seriously wrong.

Besides, he was terrible before his injury anyway. 78 year old late season pickup Jay Feeley actually kicked better.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
"In Emery we trust."

fair enough with pace but fox is a long time NFL head coach who has spent the last three years running a super bowl contending locker room. he knows what a winning locker room looks like. i trust fox, especially when it comes to the off-field/locker room side of things. as a head coach, he has game day weaknesses but he is as good as there is on the other side of things.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bennett - the guy who threw down the first round draft pick and got himself suspended as a result?

That great teammate?

Yeah, cause that's the first fight in training camp in the history of the NFL. That shit happens to every team, it wasn't a big deal.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/03...ndon-marshall-likely-past-point-of-no-return/

Still cracks me up some on here flamed any of us who thought Bernstein was right.
Well in that case....

There’s no more trying to maximize or justify Cutler, no more customizing the team around his whims, no more hoping against hope that he becomes what he never has. To spend so much time worrying about his future with the Bears is a waste of time.

Dan Bernstein is a co-host of 670 The Score’s “Boers and Bernstein Show” in afternoon drive. Follow him on Twitter @dan_bernstein and read more of his columns here.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/01/15/the-bernstein-brief-stop-worrying-about-jay-cutler/

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Remember when everyone was saying Bernstein was full of shit?.... Yeah, perhaps not.

Anyways, his article is a great read for those interested. Goes into detail of how big a pain Marshall was. He also was pretty stubborn about continuing his stupid television show, and it makes sense now that he is in NY. Pace and Fox were annoyed he wouldn't even humor the idea of not continuing the show.

No, I actually don't remember "everyone" saying Bernstein was full of shit regarding Marshall. Everyone says Bernstein's a douchebag, but they didn't all doubt the Marshall rumor.

The trade nets a draft pick and saves cap space, but both of those benefits are rather small.

But it also sets a tone, and that is huge. He mouths off, and refuses to stop his show when new GM and Coach want him to? Fuck Marshall.

I think he is very talented, but this move is a good one.

We traded a man who may be the best WR the Bears ever had, and we may trade a man who is arguable the best QB the Bears have ever had, and when it is over we will have little in personnel to show for it.....and it's STILL great news.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
bearmick won't look at it objectively.

He's a smart guy but his bias towards Marshall clouds his judgement. Anything Marshall does or has done is automatically worse because he's Brandon Marshall.

Oh and people can never change.

Add a healthy does of 'Marshall talking points come from Bernstein' as well.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I will enjoy the next season with Cutler as the Bears QB. Heck, they will probably even rotate McCoy in there and keep benching one after another all season long. Because with Marshall, Cutler could just heave the ball up in the air and Marshall would go up and get it. And this season, Jeffery will be double-teamed every game. So Cutler will be heaving a lot to the other teams, might set a record for interceptions in one season.

How about answering the question?

Because as much as I would like to see Cutler on his way out (and trust me I really want him gone) you're not too far off that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
why? to rebuild, you have to tear down. by the time this team has undone what the last two regimes have done, marshall would be done anyways. i admit it will make the next couple years far less enjoyable to watch, as i am a big fan of marshall on the field.

but in the end, this has much more to do with his fit behind the scenes. weeding out problems like marshall and briggs, and having the balls to ge t rid of them, is exactly why we brought fox and pace in here.
Frankly, I'm surprised about the Marshall love.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
No, I actually don't remember "everyone" saying Bernstein was full of shit regarding Marshall. Everyone says Bernstein's a douchebag, but they didn't all doubt the Marshall rumor.

The trade nets a draft pick and saves cap space, but both of those benefits are rather small.

But it also sets a tone, and that is huge. He mouths off, and refuses to stop his show when new GM and Coach want him to? Fuck Marshall.

I think he is very talented, but this move is a good one.

We traded a man who may be the best WR the Bears ever had, and we may trade a man who is arguable the best QB the Bears have ever had, and when it is over we will have little in personnel to show for it.....and it's STILL great news.
I don't disagree with you, but if you read this board many on here flamed Bernstein and anyone who thought he was correct and had info.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Fox and Pace aren't going for full rebuild mode. They are going full bible mode. Create the team in their image.

At the least, Marshall can't make Despro his cuckold anymore.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Pace took over director of player personnell in 2013 so you can assume 2013 and 2014 he had more input on the drafts than in years past. With that being said here are the Saints 5th round selections from those years.

2013 - Kenny Stills - WR - Oklahoma (144th)

2014- Vinnie Sunseri - SS - Alabama (167th), Ronald Powell - OLB - Florida (169th)

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
The idea of trusting in Pace and Fox just because they're different from what we had before is idiotic. I still support Pace/Fox, but I strongly believe that this is a bad move that will haunt the Bears for the next few years.

How is it going to haunt them?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
i mean i'm not saying it's all marshall's fault but the fact is for all of his productivity brandon marshall has yet to play in a single play-off game. not one in his entire career. he's a great player, but obviously there's a reason he's going to his fourth team.

and i think an important point is that wide receivers don't win football games. they make fans happy. they're fun to watch. they are not as important to a successful franchise as fans think. just look at recent super bowl teams. the patriots, the seahawks, the ravens. none of them had even close to elite receivers. everyone like's to trumpet the "it's a passing league" line, but elite receivers more often then not play on teams that aren't anywhere close to the play-offs.

You do realize this is a team game right?

Calvin Johnson is the best WR in the NFL and one the best ever. Until January of this year, he had never played in a playoff game in his life.

They lost that game.

Calvin Johnson has played in one playoff game in his life. Does that mean he is bad.

So Marshall has never played in a playoff game. Take a look at the list of QBs he's played with and that will tell you a lot.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
everybody apologize as usual to desperado.

I said at the time, if they trade marshall it will be a mistake, regardless of what bernstein said.