***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

cd35

Liked Posts:
You really can't complain until all the moves are done. Hell they may have some great signings and draft picks. If the rest of the off season is garbage and they don't replace him with something competent among other positions, then yea by all means getting rid of Brandon is not the greatest choice.

slimeyjimey

Liked Posts:
You're a funny guy. You white knight for so many you feel are abused or discriminated against, and then a guy that had a mental issue that he admitted caused him to be a bad guy overcomes it to become an advocate for similarly afflicted people and you call him Special person, POS, etc.

You preach peace and kindness and then call others morons.

You fucking cunt bled all over the forum last year when I voted against your pickem team and said the whole contest was stupid, until you made the final four then you thought it was the greatest thing ever, then lost and bitched again and said you would be vindicated by the Madden Sim, only to lose again with similar results.

You are an such an emotionally weak, in need a validation, pathetic human, I would think you would connect with Marshall and his struggles.

This seems to be football relevant and positively contributing to a fun active message board!

On a related topic, Marshall's hips have been the topic of discussion for multiple seasons, and now he has ankle issues on top of that. With his advanced age, the injuries piling up, and the depth at wide receiver in the draft and free agency, I am more than okay with this move. And to be honest, at this point I am just happy to see change for changes sake. Anything will be better than being trapped at mediocrity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob923

Liked Posts:
Actually, when John Schneider and Pete Carroll took over the Seahawks, they gutted the team and started over. And it worked out great. Maybe Pace and Fox will be able to do that and turn the Bears around in a couple years. That's the only positive post I will probably ever write here.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is the problem I have with blowing up the team. We get to the Super Bowl in 2006 - 2007 with our defense alone yet didn't win because of our QB and our lack of WRs. Then we go and trade for, who in theory, should have been our franchise QB, and surrounded him with offensive weapons. Since we picked up Cutler in 2009, we made it to the playoffs ONCE and let the defense age and fall apart.

But now we are all content with another rebuild on BOTH sides of the football and mediocrity and no playoffs for AT LEAST another 2 years.

We should have traded Cutler for anything we could get and kept Marshall. Now we might as well trade Forte as well.

Maybe this is Pace's plan. Get rid of all of the productive Bear's players(he better have a PFF subscription before he does it though, eh) . Save about $60M dollars or so then FLEE THE FUCKING COUNTRY!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
LOL none of these things are clear at all. You're writing off an exciting new regime before they've even had their first off-season, because they got rid of Brandon freaking Marshall? Absurd. Chill out and let them do their work, no?

You'll share this sentiment when Forte is traded for a late round pick?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
And free up cap space.

So you'll be happy when they trade Matt Forte in a couple of days, correct? He is 30 and making $8M. 30 is ancient by NFL RB standards.

You're going to share the same enthusiasm when Forte gets traded, correct?

Time to clean house and fucking tank.

Fuck yeah trade everyone.

slimeyjimey

Liked Posts:
Actually, when John Schneider and Pete Carroll took over the Seahawks, they gutted the team and started over. And it worked out great. Maybe Pace and Fox will be able to do that and turn the Bears around in a couple years. That's the only positive post I will probably ever write here.

And they were starting Tavarius Jackson, if memory serves me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol at some of these clowns who watched that old, slow, bad roster get obliterated last yr with that Special person at QB and somehow though they were goingto have a great chance to be going to the playoffs in 2015/16.

I'll say it again, you can't fix dumb....you just can't do it.

You're a perfect example of that, aren't you?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Looking through some recipes.

Here's one called "Disaster"

Take one part Geno Smith, one part Percy Harvin.....add Brandon Marshall, and place in New York. Enjoy!

On paper, they have more weapons than a year ago today.
In reality, that is an implosion waiting to happen.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
And free up cap space.

So you'll be happy when they trade Matt Forte in a couple of days, correct? He is 30 and making $8M. 30 is ancient by NFL RB standards.

i'm not going to be happy but i think it's going to happen. forte has some short term value, the bears are probably not looking at competing for a super bowl this season. forte's my favorite player, but the bears were terrible last season. no one on this team should be assured of anything.

someone has to do the culling.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe this is Pace's plan. Get rid of all of the productive Bear's players(he better have a PFF subscription before he does it though, eh) . Save about $60M dollars or so then FLEE THE FUCKING COUNTRY!
ChickenLittle.png

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here are the Bears 5th round draft picks over the past 10 years. Tell me if any of them contributed as much as a 30 year old Marshall would have.

2014: None (Traded to Denver)
2013: Jordan Mills
2012: None (Traded to St. Louis)
2011: Nathan Enderle
2010: Joshua Moore
2009: Johnny Knox & Marcus Freeman
2008: Zackary Bowman & Kellen Davis
2007: Kevin Payne & Corey Graham
2006: Mark Anderson
2005: Airese Currie
2004: Claude Harriott & Craig Krenzel

No, in fact, none of them came close.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And free up cap space.

He just turned 29 but I've already said twice in this thread alone that I'm fine with it. Whatever they feel is best. I trust they know what they're doing.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Remember when everyone was saying Bernstein was full of shit?.... Yeah, perhaps not.

Anyways, his article is a great read for those interested. Goes into detail of how big a pain Marshall was. He also was pretty stubborn about continuing his stupid television show, and it makes sense now that he is in NY. Pace and Fox were annoyed he wouldn't even humor the idea of not continuing the show.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
The idea of trusting in Pace and Fox just because they're different from what we had before is idiotic. I still support Pace/Fox, but I strongly believe that this is a bad move that will haunt the Bears for the next few years.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when everyone was saying Bernstein was full of shit?.... Yeah, perhaps not.

Anyways, his article is a great read for those interested. Goes into detail of how big a pain Marshall was. He also was pretty stubborn about continuing his stupid television show, and it makes sense now that he is in NY. Pace and Fox were annoyed he wouldn't even humor the idea of not continuing the show.

Link?