***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly how I feel. If they get rid of 3500 yards, 31 tds in 3 years (that type of productions should be easy to replace :wacko:) without getting rid of the scrub who led the NFL in turnovers, I really don't understand the move. I already don't like the move but I will absolutely hate it if Cutler is the Bears starter in 2015.

We don't usually agree often but amen to that. Trading away elite players that actually perform up to their talent like Marshall while keeping a chronic underachiever like Cutler completely undermines whatever message Pace/Fox are going for here. If it's purely a financial move then so be it, I can live with that, but if that's the case then Cutler and Allen better be the next two wastes of space getting traded.

tumblr_mbfv5xgDfo1qm44fco1_400.gif

If you're going to rebuild then don't half ass it. No half measures. Gut this thing out completely. Doesn't make much sense to trade Marshall but keep underachievers like Cutler and Allen hanging around any longer either.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm busy trying to calculate how many vets at the vet minimum we can now sign with the freed up salary.

Lets hope that they can add about 10 vet minimum receivers to make up for those 80-90 catches per year. Something will have to give though. Other positions would have to be cut. We don't need Forte or Bennett I've heard, so that is two.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well, was just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and was wondering why you weren't moving all the cutler threads

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter.
The Bears are not going to the super bowl next year, or the year after.

Marshalls best year with chicago was when Hester and Jeffrey was stretching the field in 2012.
Same thing will Happen for Jeffrey next year.... moving ahead with the #1 WR for the past 2 years and complimenting him with a change of pace will be a plus.
The safetys were right up in every damn pass play last year because nobody pused them back. The YAC last year was pitiful.
You had 4 targets on the field, Bennett, Forte, Jeffrey and Marshall all stacked up on top of each other. It was a damn mess.
Did you like watching 5 yard passes week in and week out?

Yeah, Marshall is awesome on the field when healthy, and I will miss his blocking on the outside- but I am ready to see a legit, use the entire field type offense. Having to giant statues- although both good- is a waste.

Umm, wasn't Alshon hurt most of 2012?

And Devin Hester? What, did he have like 15 catches total?

Your post is not a smart one.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another thing has become very clear though. We are going back to the days of having a couple of starting QBs each year, once again being the place where WR go to die, and praying that our opponents don't score more than ten points.

ANd oh the progression through Halas Hall of the TOO RECEIVERS, as in TOO SLOW, TOO SHORT, TOO STUPID, TOO CLUMSY............. But hey, we don't pay TOO MUCH for these guys!

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
i mean i'm not saying it's all marshall's fault but the fact is for all of his productivity brandon marshall has yet to play in a single play-off game. not one in his entire career. he's a great player, but obviously there's a reason he's going to his fourth team.

That's such a stupid fucking argument. There are good players on every bad team. Marshall was one of the few guys on the team last year that actually gave a fuck about winning.

Marshall after the 33-28 loss to Green Bay to go to the playoffs two years ago:

rob923

Liked Posts:
If the Bears ship him out could your cunt of a self join him on the way out?

I will enjoy the next season with Cutler as the Bears QB. Heck, they will probably even rotate McCoy in there and keep benching one after another all season long. Because with Marshall, Cutler could just heave the ball up in the air and Marshall would go up and get it. And this season, Jeffery will be double-teamed every game. So Cutler will be heaving a lot to the other teams, might set a record for interceptions in one season.

Liked Posts:
i mean i'm not saying it's all marshall's fault but the fact is for all of his productivity brandon marshall has yet to play in a single play-off game. not one in his entire career. he's a great player, but obviously there's a reason he's going to his fourth team.

and i think an important point is that wide receivers don't win football games. they make fans happy. they're fun to watch. they are not as important to a successful franchise as fans think. just look at recent super bowl teams. the patriots, the seahawks, the ravens. none of them had even close to elite receivers. everyone like's to trumpet the "it's a passing league" line, but elite receivers more often then not play on teams that aren't anywhere close to the play-offs.

Yeah because having QBs the like of Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, Chad Pennington / Chad Henne, Matt Moore / JP Losman, Jay Cutler / Jason Campbell / Josh McNown / Jimmy Clausen / Jordan Palmer would allow you to ever get into the playoffs

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
He will be. Maybe forte too, but I think him and Bennett stick around because they perform and are decent teammates.

Bennett - the guy who threw down the first round draft pick and got himself suspended as a result?

That great teammate?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL none of these things are clear at all. You're writing off an exciting new regime before they've even had their first off-season, because they got rid of Brandon freaking Marshall? Absurd. Chill out and let them do their work, no?

You mean PRO BOWL, BRANDON FREAKING MARSHALL ? Hell yeah.

Mitchapalooza

The Hawk, are you a person who yells at someone out of your window and then smiles at them? That's how your posts come across.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I'm probably over sensitive about it. I've witnessed domestic abuse first hand as a child and it's not something I'm able to tolerate. Hitting teammates in training is one thing but I have no time for men who side women or animals. That's all. I'm glad he's gone. On a football level, I sincerely do trust the new regime. I believe they know what they're doing. Not even gonna bother if they shop 22.

I get and respect your reasoning. The things that happen in our lives shape and mold us. I'm Just a bit on the mud side with this move, I didn't want to see him gone obviously. I guess we'll wait and see what moves the new regime makes in the coming months and I'll have to hope for the best.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
In a nutshell.

Fresh start. Get younger. You have an exciting new regime with a highly touted young GM and a formidable coaching staff. If that isn't the recipe to build a new football team, I don't know what is.

And free up cap space.

So you'll be happy when they trade Matt Forte in a couple of days, correct? He is 30 and making $8M. 30 is ancient by NFL RB standards.

You're going to share the same enthusiasm when Forte gets traded, correct?