***BREAKING: Brandon Marshall traded to the Jets***

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
@CSNBoyle: B-Marsh is a great WR, probably best to ever wear a Bears uniform.. But it was all about B.. 15 constantly cussed out coaches & (cont)

@CSNBoyle: Teammates when he didn't get the ball.. (And he usually was targeted heavily) B-Marsh stayed in NYC after loss to Jets & was not in Chicago

@CSNBoyle: The Thur & Friday before the GB game.. Bears were upset but covered for 15 on injury report.. 15 went out and had a horrible game vs GB

@CSNBoyle: Not running correct routes & then refused to talk to media after the game., bottom line.. If Bears were close to SB, you try and deal

Can't even report a single factual statement.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
If we were winning and had a coach that commanded respect none of this would be an issue. The problem is our previous HC was a jellyfish that had no one's respect. So those incidents were probably worse than they should have been.

Bottom line, IMO is that we're a worse team without Marshall.

Or Brandon Marshall could have acted like the true leader that he was purported to be and he would not have been as likely to have been traded.

I don't understand the myriad of excuses being made for his behavior. Yes, he has a mental disorder, but ultimately he has to be held responsible for his behavior. Those tweets and the previous blow ups from this season only seem to be a snapshot of his poor attitude and behavior. A team likely going into a rebuild phase doesn't need that type of character around.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you look at the trade in a vacuum and don't consider anything else save his production I guess you're right.

I look at the trade as "did this make the Bears better?". The answer is no.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I look at the trade as "did this make the Bears better?". The answer is no.

I look at it and I see the team getting rid of baggage that won't be with the team when they are ready to contend (seeing as he is a 31 year old wide receiver that doesn't play a style that ages well) and getting some value back for it. So in the long-run I feel like it is a positive move.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
RichCimini Rich Cimini
The Brandon Marshall move has fueled fan chatter about Jay Cutler. The Jets have no interest in trading for the Bears' QB. #nyj

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
Brandon pissed off ownership.

Ownership told Pace before he was hired they want him gone.

Pace gets rid of Marshall to make his new bosses happy.

Pace may have "full control" of the roster but he took this job with conditions.

ha ha ha and sad SSDD if true.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
@CSNBoyle: B-Marsh is a great WR, probably best to ever wear a Bears uniform.. But it was all about B.. 15 constantly cussed out coaches & (cont)

@CSNBoyle: Teammates when he didn't get the ball.. (And he usually was targeted heavily) B-Marsh stayed in NYC after loss to Jets & was not in Chicago

@CSNBoyle: The Thur & Friday before the GB game.. Bears were upset but covered for 15 on injury report.. 15 went out and had a horrible game vs GB

@CSNBoyle: Not running correct routes & then refused to talk to media after the game., bottom line.. If Bears were close to SB, you try and deal
Wow. This makes a lot of sense when I heard the word "phony" being thrown around bout Marhsall. Sounds about right and what a damn shame.

Does not make me feel better about losing best reciever Bears ever had.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow. This makes a lot of sense when I heard the word "phony" being thrown around bout Marhsall. Sounds about right and what a damn shame.

Does not make me feel better about losing best reciever Bears ever had.

Jay was better with Johnny Knox. Everything will be fine.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bummed to see BM go, he was an exciting player to watch. but he is getting old, had some injuries, and obviously stirred some shit up now and then.

i hope we sign a guy like Hartline, possession wr under, and also sign/draft a speedy guy to stretch the field. time for Alshon to step up.

i think they will try hard to deal Cutler now, maybe Tenn, that would make sense.

i don't think Forte gets dealt this year, but soon.

i also don't think they will take a wr at #7 even if White/Cooper are there. i COULD see them targeting WR in 2nd/3rd.

is the 5th round player we draft going to replace BM? NO way. but, maybe we get a wr in the 2nd/3rd and take a LB/DE/CB in 5th that could be good, whichever position is deeper.

gotta admit i was kind of shocked, but hopefully we'll figure things out in FA/Draft, so i'll wait to see what happens.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Sidenote:

Just sayin....... ;)

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 19m19 minutes ago

Ex-#Bears KR/WR thriving in ATL --“@vxmcclure23: I'm told WR Eric Weems has agreed to a 2-year deal to return to the Falcons.”

Mitchapalooza

Sidenote:

Just sayin....... ;)

Ex-#Bears KR/WR thriving in ATL --“@vxmcclure23: I'm told WR Eric Weems has agreed to a 2-year deal to return to the Falcons.”
Superbowl

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
bummed to see BM go, he was an exciting player to watch. but he is getting old, had some injuries, and obviously stirred some shit up now and then.

i hope we sign a guy like Hartline, possession wr under, and also sign/draft a speedy guy to stretch the field. time for Alshon to step up.

i think they will try hard to deal Cutler now, maybe Tenn, that would make sense.

i don't think Forte gets dealt this year, but soon.

i also don't think they will take a wr at #7 even if White/Cooper are there. i COULD see them targeting WR in 2nd/3rd.

is the 5th round player we draft going to replace BM? NO way. but, maybe we get a wr in the 2nd/3rd and take a LB/DE/CB in 5th that could be good, whichever position is deeper.

gotta admit i was kind of shocked, but hopefully we'll figure things out in FA/Draft, so i'll wait to see what happens.
Obviously he is getting old, but I saw no drop off in production at all. He had some shitty injuries,and ya know what? Some players just get bad luck for a season. I would NEVER get rid of Marshall based off of age and last year if it wasn't for the obvious serious issues in the locker room.

Bernstein wrote the piece where Marshall was pretty stern to fox and pace that he will be returning to NY to do his awful TV show.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Sidenote:

Just sayin....... ;)

I don't think most would consider 102 yards and 2 TDs on the season as thriving, just sayin.....;)

mecha

Liked Posts:
why is this 45 pages?

it's done.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Boyle tweets indicate that the distraction stuff was more accurate than I thought so I will admit that I was wrong about that with apologies to windy city. I do think a better coach could have controlled that though. I don't think marshall or anyone else respected trestman by the middle of the second season

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Take that up with JD.

You're hilarious. I understand you can't formulate any of your own opinions but you should at least look into things before trying to once again appear right about something you couldn't be more off on.

Weems had 0 yards in 10 of the 16 games he played. Aside from the 69 yard fluke performance in the beatdown against Tampa his highest total in a single game was 14 yards.

Really thriving bro.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Boyle tweets indicate that the distraction stuff was more accurate than I thought so I will admit that I was wrong about that with apologies to windy city. I do think a better coach could have controlled that though. I don't think marshall or anyone else respected trestman by the middle of the second season

Just more #calledit material for despbro. The guy is on fire today!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If we were winning and had a coach that commanded respect none of this would be an issue. The problem is our previous HC was a jellyfish that had no one's respect. So those incidents were probably worse than they should have been.

Bottom line, IMO is that we're a worse team without Marshall.
I love this post. The jellyfish of a coach allows him to have his way to do a television show....Pace/Fox want him to stop, he refuses, then interviews John Harbaugh and asks him that if he could still do the tv show if he were on his team. He publicly slapped the new coach and GM in the face with something like that. And they get rid of him, the opposite of what a jellyfish would do and the new regime is shit on.