CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hey Aaron Afflalo opted out, we can always start up that thread again.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm really mad. I hate that the white flag is finally woven. It's because Jimmy and Rose can't coexist and that's a shame, we have little hope left even if most already accepted it.

I don't see a great path to getting great. We are going to have to get lucky with portis and some coming picks. Three all stars can make a forceful team.

We need magic to strike.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This board is something special. All season long I've read people post that Rose is garbage, and that he is done. Let's not forget the idea that GarPax can't/won't make a trade with one of their precious "core." Now they do, and people are pissed at the deal that was made? Well if some of you thought that Rose was done and not worth his contract, exactly what do you expect them to get in return? Did anyone really think they were going to get any of significant substance for Rose?

Why bother with r/ChicagoBulls. You have the cunting here.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
This board is something special. All season long I've read people post that Rose is garbage, and that he is done. Let's not forget the idea that GarPax can't/won't make a trade with one of their precious "core." Now they do, and people are pissed at the deal that was made? Well if some of you thought that Rose was done and not worth his contract, exactly what do you expect them to get in return? Did anyone really think they were going to get any of significant substance for Rose?

Why bother with r/ChicagoBulls. You have the cunting here.

Completely agree. He is not the player he was plus I think he got jaded by Jimmy's success. Add in the fact he is a loner with one year left in his contract. Even the "most hated man in Chicago" right now said in his press conference finally said the window is closed and we need to get younger and more athletic. Injuries have destroyed that window and its a shame. The team as it was not a championship team. I love Rose as much as everyone else but it was time to move on or we let him walk next year for nothing. This is rebuilding and fans need to get over it. Next year is supposed to be the biggest and deepest draft in a decade. I'd rather call it now then be a first round or late lottery pick during that. With that, Taj has a better trade value then Rose and everyone who thinks we owe players our loyalty or they owe the fans anything are completely jaded.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, all those people that wanted him gone have got what they wanted. Now Jimmy will get exposed next year. But remember, you asked for it. You begged for it, so enjoy it. This is Jimmy's team, remember?

When we go 16-66 next year, don't complain, and say we need to make moves. This is what you asked for. Bask in it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am happy that we don't have to put up with the achy breakey Roseie anymore.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Grant was probably the guy that keyed the deal for the Bulls. They'll get money back when Calderon's deal expires and Lopez is a better center than anyone that they have or could draft.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure but if hoibergs needs players to fit his system instead of him fitting his system around the roster, I'd say he is not a good coach.

I think last year it was pretty obvious.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, I did not realise that Lopez contract was that big or that long. This looks more horrible than I thought. Would have been better to keep Rose and just let his contract expire.

The only real positive piece we got was Grant.

They had to get rid of Rose. This should just be the start of thing. Unfortunately we have two fucked up assholes making these moves. Did you see that press conference. What a shit performance by Gar. He looked like a walking talking ad for a Preparation H.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Consider the spike in the cap over the next two seasons, Lopez's deal is nothing. The Bulls probably aren't going to spend money in free agency this year either, so financially, the Bulls are in great shape. Especially if they trade Butler and/or Taj while not taking anything major back. Either way, for people bitching about Lopez's contract, it's a non issue. I really like Jerian Grant too. I wanted him last year and I think he could be a solid starter or quality backup in a year or two.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rose had a good year in NY either, assuming he stays healthy. For one, it's his contract year and he's been thinking about it since last season even started. He's all about the $$$ money now and he also has the extra fuel/motivation of being traded. It wouldn't surprise me if he played around an all-star level, but not great enough to carry a team deep into the playoffs.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The only people bitching about lopez's contract are the ones that think the bulls can pull of a miami heat and get 3 max guys. Well i got news for you. They can't even get one. The only hope they have is get lucky in the lottery like they did with rose.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
About time!

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The only people bitching about lopez's contract are the ones that think the bulls can pull of a miami heat and get 3 max guys. Well i got news for you. They can't even get one. The only hope they have is get lucky in the lottery like they did with rose.
Or any big name free agent. But from your perspective, the bulls might as well not try and instead live in mediocrity. That's good enough...

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Or any big name free agent. But from your perspective, the bulls might as well not try and instead live in mediocrity. That's good enough...

So like the last 11 years!

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Of course they should try but let's not act like they will succeed.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Imagine if this wasn't Derrick's statistically worst year of his career and they made this move.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Imagine this time next season and Rose doesn't resign with the Bulls. This board would go fucking nuts ready to crucify GarPax for getting nothing for Rose.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know you were all asking for it, but here are Gilbert Arenas's thoughts on the Rose trade:

jLhm3OO.jpg