Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I know you were all asking for it, but here are Gilbert Arenas's thoughts on the Rose trade:

jLhm3OO.jpg

Can someone please translate.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Upon awakening from his weed nap, Arenas proceeded to demonstrate he's the same dumbass that shit in a teammates shoe.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grades for the trade favor the Bulls:

Christopher Reina at RealGM gives the Bulls an A-, the Knicks a D+.
Ben Golliver at Sports Illustrated gives the Bulls a B+, the Knicks a C-.
Gerald Bourguet at Hoops Habit gives the Bulls a B-, the Knicks a D+.
Kevin Pelton at ABC/ESPN gives the Bulls a B, the Knicks a D+.
Michael Saenz at Sir Charles in Charge gives the Bulls a B+, the Knicks a B.
Matt Moore & Zach Harper at CBS Sports give both teams a B.

So no one knows how to grade this trade?

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I think the reason for the bad grades Scoot is that Rose thrived in a very simplistic offense where he was the focus and now he is going to the triangle where Anthony will be the one with ball in his hands and I just think he doesn't fit. I hope he does great but he isn't Derrick Fisher/Kerr/Pax/Armstrong or even Harper. Not a knock on Rose but how does he fit in triangle?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I think the reason for the bad grades Scoot is that Rose thrived in a very simplistic offense where he was the focus and now he is going to the triangle where Anthony will be the one with ball in his hands and I just think he doesn't fit. I hope he does great but he isn't Derrick Fisher/Kerr/Pax/Armstrong or even Harper. Not a knock on Rose but how does he fit in triangle?

Hornacek is not running the triangle. He will be employing the same up-tempo offense he had in Phoenix that nearly got them to the playoffs his rookie year as coach. A healthy Rose will thrive in that system. Rose will never be MVP caliber again but he can certainly get back to all-star caliber with the right motivation and consistent health. A new city in a contract year could provide that spark for him. But if not, the Knicks get $22 mill in space and have $50+ mill after next season. I think we could have gotten a bit more for Rose, but we did not get entirely hosed either. Lopez is a solid starting center who makes Noah expendable. Calderon can start or come off the bench and shoots well from 3, and is off the books next year. Grant has the tools to become a good starting combo guard in the league.

There was little risk involved on either side with this trade, as neither franchise will sniff a championship in the next few years. I give the edge to the Knicks because of knowing how good even 75% D Rose can be, which is a vast improvement on the Knicks end. Knicks: A- Bulls: B

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
RoseMVP1 said:
Can't believe we're now stuck with Lopez shitty contract.

Andre Drummond
Hasan Whiteside
Dwight Howard
Al Jefferson
Joakim Noah
Bismack Biyombo
Festus Ezili
Zaza Pachulia
Ian Mahinmi

Those are your top centers according to Hoops Hype. With the cap going up as high as it is, please tell me which of these centers you think is going to be the guy the Bulls should go after.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Bulls gave away the most talented player and lost cap space next season.

It really doesn't make sense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Would have been sooooo much better to have DRose walk at the end of next season and get nothing for him.

What a marvelous idea.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Andre Drummond
Hasan Whiteside
Dwight Howard
Al Jefferson
Joakim Noah
Bismack Biyombo
Festus Ezili
Zaza Pachulia
Ian Mahinmi

Those are your top centers according to Hoops Hype. With the cap going up as high as it is, please tell me which of these centers you think is going to be the guy the Bulls should go after.

Whiteside

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
good move, I like grant at ND but he is small for the NBA

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Andre Drummond
Hasan Whiteside
Dwight Howard
Al Jefferson
Joakim Noah
Bismack Biyombo
Festus Ezili
Zaza Pachulia
Ian Mahinmi

I could care less if they go after any of those guys. With any of them, the Bulls won't do shit in the playoffs. All I said is that Robin Lopez is overpaid, which he is, and that his contract sucks.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
good move, I like grant at ND but he is small for the NBA

He's like 6'5, man. He's not the most muscular guy in the world but neither is Shaun Livingston.

Bulls gave away the most talented player and lost cap space next season.

It really doesn't make sense.

The funny thing is, Lopez was actually a more productive player last season. At least more of an efficient one. He's also a great post defender/rim protector which we desperately missed last year. You could very easily argue that we got the best player in the deal, based solely off last season. The Knicks got way more upside obviously, but Grant has some upside himself and is younger and without injury concerns. The deal just makes sense all the way around.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched Lopez a lot when he was a Pelican/Hornet. He is not a bad player but he is what he is. He will have some games where you think he could be really solid, but its just flashes. He does play hard. He is not a bad player to have on a team.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Jose Calderon
Jimmy Butler
Doug McDermott
Niko Mirotic
Robin lopez

That's are starting five. :obama:

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Would have been sooooo much better to have DRose walk at the end of next season and get nothing for him.

What a marvelous idea.

Probably could have found better use of that cap space than the 14 million dollar Robin Lopez. Look, I know Lopez isn't a bad player but we know who he is, there is no potential there. He is a nice role player.

Grant showed next to nothing last year and Jose Calderon is trash.

D Rose at least comes with some type of potential and hope that he might regain even a little of what he used to be.

I would rather let him walk and take the cap space than have it get eaten up for the most part by an overpaid role player.