Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually think that Kmet has additional value to the offense in that it should make Jimmy Graham better and more valuable to the offense.

-You do not have to ask Graham to block as much.

-You do not need to as Graham to play more snaps than he is built for at 34.
Also a matchup nightmare. Grahams blocking has gotten better and is underrated. Not great but he's no longer a guy that never blocks. They'll be able to do a lot with these guys if they ever get a chance to practice and figure it out.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also a matchup nightmare. Grahams blocking has gotten better and is underrated. Not great but he's no longer a guy that never blocks. They'll be able to do a lot with these guys if they ever get a chance to practice and figure it out.

Why even ask him to do it unless you have to.

Graham can pretty easily execute the blocks that Burton was asked to do.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why even ask him to do it unless you have to.

Graham can pretty easily execute the blocks that Burton was asked to do.
The odd block to keep a D honest and guessing who's actually going out or late release. I get that he's a good big WR but doing only that means he's not a TE.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Who were the other 4. I assume they were left out because they sucked.

I know our beloved Kellen Davis was 6-6, 259 and ran a 4.6 40 but not sure if he is included since he was just under 260

In any event stat doesn't really mean a thing if the other 4 guys sucked as that would be a less than 50% success rate if only 3 out of 7 were good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Damn it he needs to work on his blocking.

As I said from the start, he is not a good blocker. It is all projection right now based on size and effort.

Basically any TE that is as big as he is people are going to project can become a good blocker. Some guys figure it out and some like Davis, Shaheen, etc. never do.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Kmet could stand to gain about 10-15 lbs too. I think his blocking will improve but he definitely needs to work at it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Who were the other 4. I assume they were left out because they sucked.

I know our beloved Kellen Davis was 6-6, 259 and ran a 4.6 40 but not sure if he is included since he was just under 260

In any event stat doesn't really mean a thing if the other 4 guys sucked as that would be a less than 50% success rate if only 3 out of 7 were good.

Leonard Pope too, I assume.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Something to remember about the Georgia game is that was 6 weeks after he broke his collarbone.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As I said from the start, he is not a good blocker. It is all projection right now based on size and effort.

Basically any TE that is as big as he is people are going to project can become a good blocker. Some guys figure it out and some like Davis, Shaheen, etc. never do.

He is a good blocker. He can obviously get better, but the tape is there.

I have not watched Georgia, Virginia Tech, Virginia, and Boston College. In all of them you are getting more good than bad when it comes to his blocking.

He also blocks a ton.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Almost no receiving TE prospects are good blockers coming out of college.

The fact you can tell the desire is there is very promising. Also the fact he has a solid base, uses his hands well, and gets good push is also promising.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Almost no receiving TE prospects are good blockers coming out of college.

The fact you can tell the desire is there is very promising. Also the fact he has a solid base, uses his hands well, and gets good push is also promising.

True.

The bad reps are correctable and physically he has plus tools to work with and the effort is very good.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears are already starting with the base of a good college blocker.

If he continues to gain strength and improves his angles and footwork he could be a very good NFL blocker.

His plus reps are very good.

His average reps are solid.

His bad ones are bad technique and angles. There are few if any reps where he is physically over matched or doesn't show the desire to mix it up.