Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah, they end up believing it too even though the numbers are freely available to do more pointed analysis. Oh well.
That's exactly what they are, numbers. Aramis gets his and that's fine, I'd rather move past a stat gatherer at 3B, and spend the money on pitching.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
If Ramirez was just a "stats gatherer" don't you think he would do it all year if that's all he does? Why not hit .310 60 150 then if he could?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Ramirez was just a "stats gatherer" don't you think he would do it all year if that's all he does? Why not hit .310 60 150 then if he could?
If he could hit those numbers, fans and analysts of the game wouldn't want him gone.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
I just call him K-los Pena. It's easier to remember

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
Theo please re-sign him! Thanks.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes, there was 2008...however,

in the first half of 2008, his batting average was below his second half average.
in the second half of 2008, his power numbers declined.

we need consistency, hustle, and heart...of which Aramis provides none.

We need Ryan Theriot?

That's exactly what they are, numbers. Aramis gets his and that's fine, I'd rather move past a stat gatherer at 3B, and spend the money on pitching.

Yes and numbers show us how productive a player was. Ramirez was very, very productive. So you spend the money on a terrible FA market of pitchers and still have a hole at 3B. Great plan.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
. Great plan.

Not as great as this ensemble.

me14bea47b277672_full.jpg

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I like how Brenly trashes Ramirez for clogging the bases when the Cubs, as a whole, aren't a team that runs. For that matter, 3B isn't a position where you see a lot of athletes. I guess Brenly wants Chone Figgins.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We need Ryan Theriot?

Yes and numbers show us how productive a player was. Ramirez was very, very productive. So you spend the money on a terrible FA market of pitchers and still have a hole at 3B. Great plan.
What does that production mean?

His production prevented the Cubs from being 24 under 500 instead of 20 under 500.

Even using the imperfect WAR metric, his WAR is bound to decrease with age, so even though he's lived up to his deal so far, that's not to say that injury or age will catch up with Ramirez.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does that production mean?

His production prevented the Cubs from being 24 under 500 instead of 20 under 500.

Even using the imperfect WAR metric, his WAR is bound to decrease with age, so even though he's lived up to his deal so far, that's not to say that injury or age will catch up with Ramirez.

The production means he was the best hitter on this team. If we are going to make even the slightest attempt at winning next year, we're going to have to have him on the team.

Even if his production does dip, it is going to have to dip by about 2 wins to be even close to our next best option.