Brenly Won't Miss Ramirez

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
So think about what he did to get to 90+ AGAIN!!! there is nothing you can say that makes him a bad opition for Cubs in 2012 and beyond. His career stats tell you everything you need to know. He has been top 3B for last 10 years and still is! So until he proves he not a top 3B there is NO REASON he should be gone. I swear Cub fans dont care about winning. They just have to love players hustle and blah, blah, blah. I want players who PRODUCE EVERY YEAR like A-Ram does!!

This is all too true, which is why every cubs fan I know was such an avid fan of Fontenot (i was guilty of being a fan of his also), Theriot, Fuld, Derosa (he was good for most part though) and lately Darwin Barney. Just like, yes they are average players, nothing more.

"But they try so hard, and get dirty every game" Doesn't mean they are good at baseball though bro. "what do you mean, who are your favorite players?", Garza and Soriano... "a hothead and a lazy player....haha" who happen to be better than you're favorites?" NU-UH YOU CAN'T QUIET THE RIOT!!!! (ex. of me and a meatball cubs fan) ends with:

:bro:
lol

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, errors aren't the best way to gauge a player's defense either. Ramirez didn't have as many errors because he doesn't have the range to get to enough balls to have the opportunity to make those errors. But to be equally fair, ever since he came over from Pittsburgh, he's been working hard on his defense. This is well documented. Just because he looks slow doesn't mean he's lazy and not trying. It's just because he has one gear, and that gear is steamroller.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Exactly Rice Cube. And I don't see how he is this completely "horrible" defender that some label him. I have seen him make some pretty impressive plays. And not many dumb plays..

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We should put Mr. Cub at 3B :cubstroll:

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Me? I could manage. Maybe 40 HR's and 125 RBI's...

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im starting FIRE BRENLY CHANT!!! LMAO

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well yeah. He's always said he wanted to remain a Cub, but he realized his career was almost over so wanted to win. It's amazing how a guy wants to be a Cub still even though the fans and the media seem to hate him.

Which makes no sense why fans and media dislike him. Guys just puts up same numbers year after year. Its amazing how Chicago dont appreciate good players

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which makes no sense why fans and media dislike him. Guys just puts up same numbers year after year. Its amazing how Chicago dont appreciate good players

It's a way of life.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
This is all too true, which is why every cubs fan I know was such an avid fan of Fontenot (i was guilty of being a fan of his also), Theriot, Fuld, Derosa (he was good for most part though) and lately Darwin Barney. Just like, yes they are average players, nothing more.

"But they try so hard, and get dirty every game" Doesn't mean they are good at baseball though bro. "what do you mean, who are your favorite players?", Garza and Soriano... "a hothead and a lazy player....haha" who happen to be better than you're favorites?" NU-UH YOU CAN'T QUIET THE RIOT!!!! (ex. of me and a meatball cubs fan) ends with:

:bro:
lol

Mark Derosa played above average when he was here. That guy was a glue piece to the team. The others were just average players. But Derosa really helped us he hit and he played 7 positions when here he was very valuable. After he left he sucked but that was mainly just age catching up to him but when he was here he was a key player.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're not going to contend, it's irrelevant.

If you are going to contend and Ramirez is gone, the front office will fill the void on offense. There are two guys named Albert and Prince. I've heard they're pretty good. There are players out there to fill the hole on offense. His D is a liability that could be plugged while adding offense at another position.

Okay, so you replace C-Pain with Fielder. Fielder is a 5 win player. C-Pain is a 2 win player. You gain 3 wins there, but you lose Rami's 4 wins and have to deal with a POS 3B.

Fisch isn't a baseball player. :lmao:

So he's a slow starter and a slow finisher too, huh?

Slow finisher? For his career, he has OPS's of .901, .900, and .883 in July, August and September, respectively. Yes, he finishes reallllll slow.

His average was high, but he's getting paid to produce runs, and he ultimately produced them....in June on when the season was out of hand.

He drove in 9 runs a month for April and May....

Producing runs doesn't = RBI. RBI is the worst stat ever. Why do people still use it?!
I'd like to see a platoon of Dewitt/Baker. Ideally I'd like to acquire David Wright, but I don't see it happening.

It seems silly to me that we can't say Ramirez will be bad in the postseason, yet every other option for the Cubs 3B next season will definitely be epically bad.

You're basing Ramirez being bad in the playoffs based off of 6 games. We're basing that Cubs next season's 3B off of at least a season's worth of data. Quite the difference there.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
Mark Derosa played above average when he was here. That guy was a glue piece to the team. The others were just average players. But Derosa really helped us he hit and he played 7 positions when here he was very valuable. After he left he sucked but that was mainly just age catching up to him but when he was here he was a key player.

I see what you are saying bro, but if you looked at my original post I admitted to him being good lol. People just vastly overrated his actual play, he was a "glue" guy but he wasn't anywhere near the most talented guy on the team.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Okay, so you replace C-Pain with Fielder. Fielder is a 5 win player. C-Pain is a 2 win player. You gain 3 wins there, but you lose Rami's 4 wins and have to deal with a POS 3B.

Slow finisher? For his career, he has OPS's of .901, .900, and .883 in July, August and September, respectively. Yes, he finishes reallllll slow.

Producing runs doesn't = RBI. RBI is the worst stat ever. Why do people still use it?!

You're basing Ramirez being bad in the playoffs based off of 6 games. We're basing that Cubs next season's 3B off of at least a season's worth of data. Quite the difference there.
Same tired arguments for Ramirez. If Ramirez is so great, shouldn't he have put the 2011 Cubs on his back like Pujols Soriano does for the Cubs at a couple of weeks at a time.

No one is arguing that Ramirez has bad stats, I'm saying you have to look at his production, and most of it came after the Cubs were out of the race. When the Cubs needed him the most, in the beginning of the season, he was invisible. I don't see the point in keeping Ramirez to be a 67 win team vs a 71 win team.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Regarding original article:

I wouldnt miss Brenly, so I guess what im saying here is to keep Aramis and get rid of Brenly