Brent Seabrook Suspended For 3 Games

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="226663" data-time="1398023416">
<div>

Lucic gets a $5000 fine for spearing a guy in the nuts....and this is 3 games. Yay for consistency...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

There's a difference between "principle points of contact".</p>

</p>

According to the NHL, one's head is far more important than ones's nuts. Any normal man would think differently.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226684" data-time="1398047181">
<div>

Again... Dahlbeck up you blind retards.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And Rundblad is chopped liver? What in the blazes happened to that acquisition?</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
Not good.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="226690" data-time="1398050040">
<div>

And Rundblad is chopped liver? What in the blazes happened to that acquisition?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Rundblad is fucking atrocious. He's Nick Leddy in high school, defensively.</p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="226689" data-time="1398049998">
<div>

There's a difference between "principle points of contact".</p>

</p>

According to the NHL, one's head is far more important than ones's nuts. Any normal man would think differently.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

No, it's worse than that.  Seabrook was suspended for interference so impeding a players ability to move to a different spot on the ice is more important than one's head and nuts.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
And they hit him for charging which I think was wrong but the chatter was there and a suspension was inevitable.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Really hope everyone will ramp up their game with him out. Luckily Backes is much more important to their team then Seabrook is to ours due to how deep of a team we have. Its unfortunate to see a guy get knocked out, but if we are able to extend this to 6-7 games I think the loss of Backes could be a nail in the coffin for them. </p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bad decision by Seabrook.   I hate that he is suspended but the punishment fits the crime IMO.   Will be interesting to see how they pull together.   </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
If the Hawks pull this series out, Seabrook had fucking better buy everyone a new Corvette.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="226711" data-time="1398092015">
<div>

If the Hawks pull this series out, Seabrook had fucking better buy everyone a new Corvette.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Corvette? I think he'd owe everyone a little more than a corvette--more like a Vancouver limo ride or getting Kane his own Cab company.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="226711" data-time="1398092015">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Or everyone better buy him a Corvette, if we win the series I think it will have a lot to do with the absence of Backes. If necessary we get Seabrook back for game 6 and 7. I don't see how Backes could possibly be back this series. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deserved and expected (although I thought only 1 game, but since it was Backes...)</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seabrook doesn't owe anyone shit.

Who's buying who a Corvette for blowing game 1?

Seabrook leads the team in points. Looks like the rest of the forwards can take a page from his book and start putting the biscuit in the basket. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BHP" data-cid="226741" data-time="1398098536">
<div>

Seabrook leads the team in points. Looks like the rest of the forwards can take a page from his book and start putting the biscuit in the basket. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Seabs has twice as many goals, 2, as all the forwards combined, 1.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BHP" data-cid="226741" data-time="1398098536">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And the Blues tied Game 2 because the Hawks had his 5 minute major to kill. The much-maligned Crawford was the only reason the game (both of them, actually) got past regulation.</p>

</p>

And now the Hawks have to dig themselves out of this hole with Sheldon Brookbank (there's no way in Hell Q sticks Dahlbeck in there) dressing the next three nights.</p>

tvltre

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="226766" data-time="1398104275">
<div>

And the Blues tied Game 2 because the Hawks had his 5 minute major to kill. The much-maligned Crawford was the only reason the game (both of them, actually) got past regulation.</p>

</p>

And now the Hawks have to dig themselves out of this hole with Sheldon Brookbank (there's no way in Hell Q sticks Dahlbeck in there) dressing the next three nights.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hammer had the time and space to put that puck on the glass.  It would have been a tied series going into tonight.</p>

</p>

Also, if during the OT's in game 1 if Sharpie could have buried one of those breakaways, 2-0.</p>

</p>

Or if the Hawks actually showed up and played 60 minutes, there would be no panic what so ever.  These Blues Blow!  simple and easy as that.  Our D is the only ones scoring, if anyone of the other 8 forwards decides to play offense, this is not even a series.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Im with BHP and TV Vulture. </p>

</p>

So far the Hawks have played down to the Blues level. Resorting to cheap hits and big bluster. There is a reason I don't like the Blues and it is because they are goons. They would rather hit and trash talk then play the game. I have no use for a Blackhawks team that will do the same.</p>

</p>

Toews, Hossa, Kaner, Sharpie. Between those 4 any given night there should be at least one goal. At <u>least</u>. Between the rest of the forwards Shaw, Bickell, Saad, Kruger, and ol' Slowy there should be another goal. It is great the D have scored. That usually is a sign that things are humming along. and D men scoring is icing on a cake.</p>

</p>

Look, I don't mind a board rattling hit. Look at Hammers hit in game one. That was a thing of beauty. Bickells hit on I think it was Oshie was great too. But Seabs hit was, in my mind, questionable. Puck was not near Backes. Did he charge, yeah maybe. I will admit that I am biased, and I will scream it from the rafters at the UC. I don't think the hit is black and white. </p>

</p>

I will say it sickens me that folk are reveling in the injury. "Wakey Wakey" tshirts? Really? The Blues are idiots to complain about that and the "even more horrible stuff" said after the hit. It is trash talk. That happens every game, between star players and scrubs. STFU. But to poke the bear and make signs and shirts  and other paraphernalia celebrating a persons injury is just mind boggling. What if that was the Hawks C instead of the Blues? Any shirt or sign that said Wakey Waky would be decried as worse then bush league, and to many, would be the reason that team will never win a Cup again. Shitty fans are everywhere, but that totally smacks of Vancouver level trolling.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
I thought two games, but three is appropriate.</p>

</p>

Could cost this team the series, and a terrible decision by Seabrook. Bickell's knee wasn't much better either, and Keith has to stop running around like he's carrying around a damn weed whacker.</p>

</p>

This team is playing too dirty to win a hockey game. Sad to realize that the Blackhawks are actually the dirty team in a series with the BLUES. Really sad to watch.</p>