Brent Seabrook Suspended For 3 Games

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought it was 3 games, so he woukld be back for game 6--or am I completely out of my gourd?</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, he misses games 3-5 and will be back for game 6.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="227189" data-time="1398349585">
<div>

I thought it was 3 games, so he woukld be back for game 6--or am I completely out of my gourd?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I think what he was saying is that with it being 2-2 a game 6 is guaranteed and that Seabrook will be back for that one so he has a chance to play again in this series.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reaves might go after him but know way Seabrook will go with him.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="227202" data-time="1398355533">
<div>

Reaves might go after him but know way Seabrook will go with him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Only because of the trade off of how valuable the 5 minutes is.</p>

</p>

Seabrook is actually a very good fighter.  He kicked the shit out of Woywitka a couple years ago.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will have to answer the bell at some point but I doubt it's during the playoffs.</p>

</p>

Just circle the first Blues/Hawks game next season.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="227204" data-time="1398359400">
<div>

He will have to answer the bell at some point but I doubt it's during the playoffs.</p>

</p>

Just circle the first Blues/Hawks game next season.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

but... but.... but... I was told he could be traded by then, haha</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seabrook seems to be very well respected around the league as you don't see a lot of guys messing with him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="227212" data-time="1398362019">
<div>

Seabrook seems to be very well respected around the league as you don't see a lot of guys messing with him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I can't know for sure... if only we knew someone around here who knows the guys and has talked to him...</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="227212" data-time="1398362019">
<div>

Seabrook seems to be very well respected around the league as you don't see a lot of guys messing with him.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

This seems to be the case. Seabs would be a top pairing D on any team in this league no question. Sometimes people like to rag on #7, but considering he's always been second fiddle to Keith, it's shows how lucky and spoiled we've been with having two bonafide #1's manning the top pairing. He's always been clutch with those OT winners. It would be too awesome if he decided game 6 with an OT winner, the Blues fans would be furious.</p>

I  totally get RK's mancrush on Seabs, but maybe that's because I am currently drunk.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMHO Keith and Seabrook go together like Breaking and Entering, like Death and Dismemberment, like Guns and Ammo.</p>

</p>

The extended times when they're not paired together is when both look like clotted menses.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="227208" data-time="1398361212">
<div>

but... but.... but... I was told he could be traded by then, haha</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

The impending money crunch cannot be ignored.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="227223" data-time="1398364480">

The impending money crunch cannot be ignored.</p></blockquote>

You're right Sharp before Seabs. Seabrook is untouchable from my GM chair.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="227224" data-time="1398365008">
<div>

You're right Sharp before Seabs. Seabrook is untouchable from my GM chair.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

You could.  Their contracts have similar cap hits.</p>

</p>

Seabrook's is up a year earlier, and defensemen are harder to come by.</p>

</p>

But something has to give, and GM's cannot simply declare players untouchable without a calculator. </p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="227216" data-time="1398362996">
<div>

I can't know for sure... if only we knew someone around here who knows the guys and has talked to him...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Wooooo!!!!! Your on a roll in this thread.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="227216" data-time="1398362996">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Please no</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="227227" data-time="1398365524">
<div>

You could.  Their contracts have similar cap hits.</p>

</p>

Seabrook's is up a year earlier, and defensemen are harder to come by.</p>

</p>

But something has to give, and GM's cannot simply declare players untouchable without a calculator. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I guess we have to bank on these guys not getting too greedy. They two in question have babies, families here in Chicago and are nearing a decade living in the city. They've won two cups now, the pay increase will probably have to be well above the million dollar mark. It'd be nice for them to take a step back and realize that the 6 million a year they will likely get is more than than enough when uprooting everything will only garner and extra couple million. </p>

</p>

Who knows though, I am completely talking out of my ass and just trying to be as optimistic as possible.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="227234" data-time="1398369702">
<div>

I guess we have to bank on these guys not getting too greedy. They two in question have babies, families here in Chicago and are nearing a decade living in the city. They've won two cups now, the pay increase will probably have to be well above the million dollar mark. It'd be nice for them to take a step back and realize that the 6 million a year they will likely get is more than than enough when uprooting everything will only garner and extra couple million. </p>

</p>

Who knows though, I am completely talking out of my ass and just trying to be as optimistic as possible.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

In general, hometown discounts don't amount to squat.</p>

</p>

The risks of holding on to players as they get close to their contract years are too great.</p>

</p>

You also have to consider what's in Rockford.</p>

</p>

Can Sharp or Seabrook be replaced by a youngin'?  I'm not talking about right away.  I'm talking about a guy that could grow into that role.</p>

</p>

Is there a future 30 goal scorer in Rockford?  Is there another big-ass defenseman?</p>

</p>

I don't know the answers, but I do know how nice they are to talk to doesn't matter to me at all.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
This summer's money crunch isn't bad. They've got 20 guys signed already. The only RFAs are Raanta, Smith and Morin. I can't see any guy getting an offer sheet, so the Hawks will qualify them all and deal wth that.</p>

</p>

Hopefully, none of the UFAs (Zus, Brookbank, Regin) will show up next season. They'd all be too expensive for what they bring.</p>

</p>

Ol' Vodka Tits' NHL days are over. Oduya and Versteeg will probably get phone calls on draft day.</p>

</p>

They're fine, and don't need to move any big contracts this summer unless they get something that knocks Stan over. Hell, since all I've heard out of NY is that Brad Richards is getting bought out, he might be amenable to signing a one-year here to see what the world looks like between Sharp and Hossa.</p>

</p>

Hell, let's worry about it when there's no more hockey.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="227237" data-time="1398370930">
<div>

In general, hometown discounts don't amount to squat.</p>

</p>

The risks of holding on to players as they get close to their contract years are too great.</p>

</p>

You also have to consider what's in Rockford.</p>

</p>

Can Sharp or Seabrook be replaced by a youngin'?  I'm not talking about right away.  I'm talking about a guy that could grow into that role.</p>

</p>

Is there a future 30 goal scorer in Rockford?  Is there another big-ass defenseman?</p>

</p>

I don't know the answers, but I do know how nice they are to talk to doesn't matter to me at all.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

There might be the 30 goal scorer, but I do not see anything of the sort from the defenseman. Seabrook is franchise player, just happens to be playing with 4 other franchise players, I am hopeful a deal can be done. At the very least a short term 2-3 year deal would be nice. </p>