Brent Seabrook Suspended For 3 Games

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="226805" data-time="1398118261">
<div>

Im with BHP and TV Vulture. </p>

</p>

So far the Hawks have played down to the Blues level. Resorting to cheap hits and big bluster. There is a reason I don't like the Blues and it is because they are goons. They would rather hit and trash talk then play the game. I have no use for a Blackhawks team that will do the same.</p>

</p>

Toews, Hossa, Kaner, Sharpie. Between those 4 any given night there should be at least one goal. At <u>least</u>. Between the rest of the forwards Shaw, Bickell, Saad, Kruger, and ol' Slowy there should be another goal. It is great the D have scored. That usually is a sign that things are humming along. and D men scoring is icing on a cake.</p>

</p>

Look, I don't mind a board rattling hit. Look at Hammers hit in game one. That was a thing of beauty. Bickells hit on I think it was Oshie was great too. But Seabs hit was, in my mind, questionable. Puck was not near Backes. Did he charge, yeah maybe. I will admit that I am biased, and I will scream it from the rafters at the UC. I don't think the hit is black and white. </p>

</p>

I will say it sickens me that folk are reveling in the injury. "Wakey Wakey" tshirts? Really? The Blues are idiots to complain about that and the "even more horrible stuff" said after the hit. It is trash talk. That happens every game, between star players and scrubs. STFU. But to poke the bear and make signs and shirts  and other paraphernalia celebrating a persons injury is just mind boggling. What if that was the Hawks C instead of the Blues? Any shirt or sign that said Wakey Waky would be decried as worse then bush league, and to many, would be the reason that team will never win a Cup again. Shitty fans are everywhere, but that totally smacks of Vancouver level trolling.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If it would have been Tarasenko or Berglund that got sent to Mars by Seabrook, I would agree.</p>

</p>

However, because it was Backes... I will laugh at just about every rude thing fans come up with.</p>

</p>

Fuck that guy, hope he's done for a long time... might extend many other player's careers.</p>

genefoley

Liked Posts:
Thought Brookbank played as well of a game as you could ask. Very disciplined and solid. Hopefully he can continue that in games 4 and 5.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Gene Honda" data-cid="226851" data-time="1398142654">
<div>

Thought Brookbank played as well of a game as you could ask. Very disciplined and solid. Hopefully he can continue that in games 4 and 5.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Brookbank is actually not too terrible as long as he stays within himself. I mean, he's still a 7D on the Hawks, but he'd be a regular on over half the teams in the NHL. The entire team played a much more focused and disciplined game. Although Versteeg's attempted zone entries are still on a fart-in-a-spacesuit level of bad.</p>

~rabid platypus~

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="226850" data-time="1398142379">
<div>

If it would have been Tarasenko or Berglund that got sent to Mars by Seabrook, I would agree.</p>

</p>

However, because it was Backes... I will laugh at just about every rude thing fans come up with.</p>

</p>

Fuck that guy, hope he's done for a long time... might extend many other player's careers.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Lol. Backes isn't dirty at all.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="~Rabid Platypus~" data-cid="226868" data-time="1398179939">
<div>

Lol. Backes isn't dirty at all.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You forgot the purple.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Gene Honda" data-cid="226851" data-time="1398142654">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Agreed.</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="226867" data-time="1398178483">
<div>

Brookbank is actually not too terrible as long as he stays within himself. I mean, he's still a 7D on the Hawks, but he'd be a regular on over half the teams in the NHL. The entire team played a much more focused and disciplined game. Although Versteeg's attempted zone entries are still on a fart-in-a-spacesuit level of bad.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Disciplined maybe, Focused, not so much.  Toews goal he kept it simple and got the shot on net--it just hapened to beat Miller but the play was 100% textbook. Brookbank played up to the competition.  Zeus showed last year's playoff form, and Hammer was blocking everything and playing sound, positional defense.</p>

</p>

Ever other skater looked like they were going for the Hello Kitty Cute Playâ„¢ award.  They were not keeping it simple and looked like they were trying to make the highlight real rather than trying to bury the Blues.  Kane, Sharp, Saad, Hossa, Keith, Versteeg, and Bickell need to up their game and take a page out of Zeus', Brookbank's, Toews', and Hammer's games--keep it focused and straightforeward, keep it simple and physical without playing dirty, and use your skill to beat the Blues rather than make the Play of the Day.</p>

</p>

Had it not been for Crawford working his fucking nuts off, we'd have been down 3-0. Euro to Forints Raanta would not have came out with a victory here no matter what the Crawford bashers or the Crawford is overpaid coalition think.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="~Rabid Platypus~" data-cid="226868" data-time="1398179939">

Lol. Backes isn't dirty at all.</p></blockquote>

He is one of the dirtiest players in the league. I can't think of many I'd put over him recently. Roussel maybe. Maybe one or two others. But Backes is near the top for sure.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="226879" data-time="1398186842">
<div>

He is one of the dirtiest players in the league. I can't think of many I'd put over him recently. Roussel maybe. Maybe one or two others. But Backes is near the top for sure.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Polak last night sure was, I don't understand how a guy can stand there punching someone in the back about 10 times and not get called.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="226880" data-time="1398187536">
<div>

Polak last night sure was, I don't understand how a guy can stand there punching someone in the back about 10 times and not get called.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I think it took Chelios 12 cross-checks to Kane's back, in his rookie season, before he was finally called. </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="226880" data-time="1398187536">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Because Polak's punches don't hurt.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="226892" data-time="1398193899">
<div>

Because Polak's punches don't hurt.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Cotton Candy and Butterfly Kisses  :angelic-grayflying:  :angelic-whiteflying:</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="226897" data-time="1398194387">
<div>

Cotton Candy and Butterfly Kisses  :angelic-grayflying:  :angelic-whiteflying:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm pretty sure there was spooning.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="226905" data-time="1398197226">
<div>

I'm pretty sure there was spooning.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

hahahah I guess we know who the big spoon was.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong. Backes is a horrible player and if I was on the ice I would leave cause he has a huge history of injuring people and really is dangerous. I am glad he isn't on the ice. However, I will not revel in another persons injury.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="226933" data-time="1398209147">
<div>

Don't get me wrong. Backes is a horrible player and if I was on the ice I would leave cause he has a huge history of injuring people and really is dangerous. I am glad he isn't on the ice. However, I will not revel in another persons injury.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

And the assholes that were reveling in it are disgusting and really aren't fans. </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Live by the sword die by the sword no sympathy for that guy. Karma is abitch.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I won't revel in his injury as I don't wish that upon any one considering it's "just a game" at the end of the day.

But, i don't find much sympathy for a guy who has a history of dirty play and playing over the line.

What's sad is Backes has a ton of skill, and if he wasn't dirty at times he'd be one of the role models for power forwards in the game.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="227044" data-time="1398263216">
<div>

I won't revel in his injury as I don't wish that upon any one considering it's "just a game" at the end of the day.

But, i don't find much sympathy for a guy who has a history of dirty play and playing over the line.

What's sad is Backes has a ton of skill, and if he wasn't dirty at times he'd be one of the role models for power forwards in the game.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Ding</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
Seabrook gets back into this series now.</p>

</p>

I think they send Reaves out Sunday so they can trade off BluesBollig for Seabrook for 5 minutes.</p>