Brent Seabrook Suspended For 3 Games

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="227237" data-time="1398370930">
<div>

In general, hometown discounts don't amount to squat.</p>

</p>

</p>

The risks of holding on to players as they get close to their contract years are too great.</p>

</p>

You also have to consider what's in Rockford.</p>

</p>

Can Sharp or Seabrook be replaced by a youngin'?  I'm not talking about right away.  I'm talking about a guy that could grow into that role.</p>

</p>

Is there a future 30 goal scorer in Rockford?  Is there another big-ass defenseman?</p>

</p>

I don't know the answers, but I do know how nice they are to talk to doesn't matter to me at all.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I have no doubt at all that Hjalmarsson could have gotten at least what the Flyers gave MacDonald. Ditto Bickell and Clarkson.</p>

</p>

There are two big-ass defensemen in Rockford - Dahlbeck is ready now, and Johns is damn near ready. Johns is basically a baby Seabrook.</p>

</p>

Can Teuvo score 30? That's hard to say - he needs to get the North American mindset of sending pucks to the net. But considering only injuries kept the Hawks from having 4 30-goal scorers this season, if he winds up being a Joe Thronton type (pass first) his role will be getting the puck to the guys who will shoot. I'd love to see him and Sharp skate together eventually, since Sharp will shoot all day if he gets the puck.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is risk with groing into roles; you could be looking at a guy like, say, Sharp who has been tailing up for the better part of his career, and you could also be looking at a Ruutu, or at worst, a Samsonov.  At this point I do think it's a bit to early to be selling a *major* core piece because we are in a good position cap-wise next year and some guys it's too early to tell if they are plateaued or not. </p>

</p>

Like many have said--we have 3 RFA's, Smith, Morin, and Raanta.  Ideally, I'd like all 3 resigned but I can see Morin walking because he's not gotten much Q-love. </p>

</p>

All of our UFA's are expendible.</p>

</p>

With news of Clendening being "close" between him, Rosival, and Runblad in terms of RHD, I can see Oduya being moved in the offseason, as has been said.  I would also be surprised if someone didn't take Versteeg unless we would have gotten something like Zuyzin back.</p>

</p>

Aside from that it really opens the door for any of the youths next year.  Johns might get a stint up as well as Dahlbeck.  TT will likely be up as well.  With old blood out I think then we'll see if it's possible that Saad, Shaw (maybe), Clendening, Johns, Dahlbeck, TT, et al. can userp a roster spot--at least in theory.  By the TDL next year they should have a good idea if any prospects are in a position to userp a core slot--or not.</p>