Briggs Coming Back?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Are you being stupid on purpose?

You are blaming 'Lovie's guys' for 'infecting' the locker. Marshall is NOT a 'Lovie's guy'. Martellus is not a 'Lovie's guy'. This locker was infected BY THE COACH and his staff. Why are you focusing on 'Lovie's guys' you and why is Lovie even part of this discussion you idiot?

BEARS

dude, there is no judgement here from me about Lovie. My post had to do with the old Lovie guys, i.e. Briggs, Peanut, Jennings, etc. I don't want them here any more. Any of them. The attempt to keep them during a soft transition had already been attempted with the Emery era, it failed. Are we seriously going to attempt it again? why?

its a perfect time to cut bait with the past and move on.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Well of course it will only be a one year deal at 35 years old and i agree that not only Briggs but all our players especially our defensive guys will be happy and much more motivated about having J.Fox and V.Fangio to play for. I already said i have no problem bringing both Briggs and Peanut back for the right price but my biggest worry isn't if they'll come back with motivation cause i know they both will, my worry is how easily players at their age get injured which has been happening with both for the last few years.

Do you watch NFL football?

Can you point me to a successful NFL team that is trotting out out of shape (Briggs), slower (Peanut and Briggs) and oft injured (both) 35 year old players?

And you know they both will come back with motivation? How so?

Why are people so dumb?

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
dude, there is no judgement here from me about Lovie. My post had to do with the old Lovie guys, i.e. Briggs, Peanut, Jennings, etc. I don't want them here any more. Any of them. The attempt to keep them during a soft transition had already been attempted with the Emery era, it failed. Are we seriously going to attempt it again? why?

its a perfect time to cut bait with the past and move on.

Ok, that is a fair point, and an argument I can understand...

BEARS

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Signing severely over-the-hill players who've barely played football over the past two years for a season in which the Bears aren't going to compete? I mean, what could go wrong!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Let's make this easy.

I'm assuming everyone on here is a Bears' fan, right?

When Peanut and Briggs were in their primes, the Bears teams were mediocre. Some flashes of defensive brilliance and ST fun, but as a whole (based on their lack of success as measured by post season appearances), they were mediocre to bad.

So, I'm assuming none of us would like mediocre to bad teams - right?

Ask your self this question - 'Self, is the model for building a successful football team to fill the roster with 35 year old over the hill, out of shape and oft injured players at critical positions?'

If you have any working grey matter, you'll say 'No'.

The model is clear. You get young and fast. You get young and fast with great drafts and great player development and great coaching evaluating and developing talent. Was Seattle a powerhouse in 2010 with Matt Hasselbeck, Deoin Branch, Julius Jones, Nate Burleson, Lawyer Malloy and Corey Redding?

No, they became a powerhouse when they drafted and developed exciting young players who are fast. Couple that with great coaching on all three fronts (HC, OC, DC) and you see their dominance.

Belicheck as well - no problem tossing aging players before their inevitable downfall.

These are the two teams playing the SB this Sunday. Teams with 35 year old starting LB and CB are not only not in the playoffs, they are not in the NFL.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
No thanks. It is clear his priorities lie elsewhere.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Let's make this easy.

I'm assuming everyone on here is a Bears' fan, right?

When Peanut and Briggs were in their primes, the Bears teams were mediocre. Some flashes of defensive brilliance and ST fun, but as a whole (based on their lack of success as measured by post season appearances), they were mediocre to bad.

So, I'm assuming none of us would like mediocre to bad teams - right?

Ask your self this question - 'Self, is the model for building a successful football team to fill the roster with 35 year old over the hill, out of shape and oft injured players at critical positions?'

If you have any working grey matter, you'll say 'No'.

The model is clear. You get young and fast. You get young and fast with great drafts and great player development and great coaching evaluating and developing talent. Was Seattle a powerhouse in 2010 with Matt Hasselbeck, Deoin Branch, Julius Jones, Nate Burleson, Lawyer Malloy and Corey Redding?

No, they became a powerhouse when they drafted and developed exciting young players who are fast. Couple that with great coaching on all three fronts (HC, OC, DC) and you see their dominance.

Belicheck as well - no problem tossing aging players before their inevitable downfall.

These are the two teams playing the SB this Sunday. Teams with 35 year old starting LB and CB are not only not in the playoffs, they are not in the NFL.

Man, you really like typing.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like how OP assumes that because some people liked some of the Emery moves, they will hate the Pace era...People can't like moves from different GMs? I bet as soon as management decides to keep Cutler and not re-sign Briggs, OP will jump off the wagon. As for Briggs returning, I didn't like his attitude the last two years...He is older and never shows up to camp in shape. So I don't want him back. He has had a great career but he should focus on his restaurant business.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
I would not object to bringing back Peanut if he is willing to move to safety.

kenard-gets-beat-up-by-mike-o.gif

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I understand what you're saying, but I am saying it permeated the entire locker room. Cutler defenders slurp all over his 'don't care' attitude, so why is Briggs being singled out?

BEARS
Because Cutlers "don't care" is a caricature based on his facial expressions and media distortion. His actions have been opposite of that. He spends off season free time with teammates working, worked with J McCown, works with kids with DM. I will say he seemed to quit on the field at the end of last year and I am indifferent to his future with the Bears at this point.

Briggs on the other hand threatened to never play for the Bears again, more than once, sleeps in meetings, walked out on a locker room in turmoil, comes in out of shape, skips out for week one prep to open a restaurant, and now that it looks like he will not be able to suck at the Bears teet any longer, he suddenly is excited to play for the Bears again.
Can it be anymore obvious that he just wants a paycheck?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like how OP assumes that because some people liked some of the Emery moves, they will hate the Pace era...People can't like moves from different GMs? I bet as soon as management decides to keep Cutler and not re-sign Briggs, OP will jump off the wagon. As for Briggs returning, I didn't like his attitude the last two years...He is older and never shows up to camp in shape. So I don't want him back. He has had a great career but he should focus on his restaurant business.

I like the OP, but I agree about that tone and your sentiments regarding that tone.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

he's not willing and he's said so publicly.

I love Peanut but why would you want to bring him back at this point? Last year he tore his bicep on a non-football play, he literally just tore it shoving some guy after the play was over.

He's done, why waste a roster spot.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Do you watch NFL football?

Can you point me to a successful NFL team that is trotting out out of shape (Briggs), slower (Peanut and Briggs) and oft injured (both) 35 year old players?

And you know they both will come back with motivation? How so?

Why are people so dumb?

Why do i need to point out other teams bringing back older oft injured players?? Did i say there is other teams doing it? I absolutely think everyone will be motivated to come play for Fox and Fangio just by all the love that especially Fox gets from everyone that played for him and how they all said he's a great coach to play for and the Bears are lucky to get him and there's been a lot of guys saying good things about him. I guess you're not smart enough to read through my wording of when i said i know they'll be motivated cause i obviously don't actually KNOW and that's just a way of speaking but you're not smart enough to read through it so i'll make sure to speak more clearly for you in the future. Hahahaha why are people so dumb??

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

The OP is a guy that sniffs his own farts and laughs.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He became an unmotivated because he was playing for three stooges - Emery, Trestman, Tucker. He will be once again the person and player that he is for Fox and Fangio, that is why.

Hey, I don't know if he will be coming back, but I do think it would be a huge positive.

No. You have no clue how briggs will play under these coaches.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

This in a nutshell. It's kind of cute actually. It's like a kid saying "you've had your turn and I didn't like it, now it's my turn"

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Because Cutlers "don't care" is a caricature based on his facial expressions and media distortion. His actions have been opposite of that. He spends off season free time with teammates working, worked with J McCown, works with kids with DM. I will say he seemed to quit on the field at the end of last year and I am indifferent to his future with the Bears at this point.

Briggs on the other hand threatened to never play for the Bears again, more than once, sleeps in meetings, walked out on a locker room in turmoil, comes in out of shape, skips out for week one prep to open a restaurant, and now that it looks like he will not be able to suck at the Bears teet any longer, he suddenly is excited to play for the Bears again.
Can it be anymore obvious that he just wants a paycheck?

And yet he has since played for the Bears, and played at a high level.

He was given permission by a pushover, refuse to address anything coach, to open a restaurant weeks before camp started. The weak pushover coach ALLOWED Briggs to do that.

Again, given the cluelessness monotone drawl, that was Trestman who didn't even have the stones to look at people when he spoke with them, a defensive coordinator who knew nothing about defense, and shouldn't have been hired in the first place, a historically bad defense that you a part of, and a dysfunctional locker room, it's now COMPLETELY understandable why things happened. Briggs is completely accountable for his own actions, but I submit that Briggs is just one of many examples of a dysfunctional locker room.....

If the Fox hire is supposed to bring stability, then this could be the perfect example of it. I believe players like Briggs like those 'discipline' type coaches that Lovie, Maranelli, Toub. He didn't act like this before, which tells me that he didn't respect any of the previous regime's coaches. A position that proved to be correct. I think that Fox would bring that discipline style he likes.

But I also ultimately agree that a 35 LB may not be what's best for the Bears. This team has been so screwed up the past two years, that I don't even know where Pace should start...

BEARS

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe having a new coach thats a defensive guy would invigorate Briggs..He seemed to do great under Lovie who was of the same mindset...He only soured under Trestman..And lets face it,99% of the team did as well... I'd give him a 1 year deal and see how it goes
To what end? See how what goes? If he plays well do you sign a soon to be 36yr old LB to a long term contract? WTF would be the point?