Briggs Coming Back?

Ragnarok31

Liked Posts:
"In my opinion, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want to (bring Briggs back to the Bears)," Briggs said on Monday's edition of SportsTalk Live. "Obviously, in the Draft, that's probably going to be one of the focal points is getting a linebacker, (but) a guy who's been around, a guy who understands football, who's a great football player and can play at a high level still, to me, is enticing. A guy like John Fox — love the hire — and hopefully I get a call and I get an opportunity to come back and play in Chicago, where I'm supposed to be."

I personally hope Briggs gets his wish. I know many here don't like him. I still believe the problem was the management.

Bring him back Fox!

No. He's too busy gorging on burritos and sucking Lovie's dick. Fuck him and the rest of the Lovie loyalists.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I do not hold it against Briggs the last two years. In fact he was proven right for the most part, even if he didn't do anything to disprove his message.

The problem is he is old and we have no assurances he will bounce back. If Briggs really wants to join here in rebuilding then he needs to take a minimum salary with incentives. He won't do that though which will show his true colors.

Loser teams overpay old vets when they need to be moving on. We aren't in a position where Briggs is the missing piece so just let him go unless he really wants to give back.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
We are going back to "Bears football" and that involves bring back a over the hill, tubby line backer, burp, fart, lol

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He sucks on the field

He sucks off the field and in the locker room

The Bears should definitly bring him back, slow LBs are all the rage in the NFL.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Briggs can come back - as long as he isn't guaranteed a spot and has to earn his place.

If they want to give him a spin and he ends up 2nd string, that's fine by me.

But no way in hell does Briggs deserve to start. He has to earn his place, as does every last person on this team...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's make this easy.

I'm assuming everyone on here is a Bears' fan, right?

When Peanut and Briggs were in their primes, the Bears teams were mediocre. Some flashes of defensive brilliance and ST fun, but as a whole (based on their lack of success as measured by post season appearances), they were mediocre to bad.

So, I'm assuming none of us would like mediocre to bad teams - right?

This part of your argument is just dumb. This would be like arguing that we shouldn't want Dick Butkus on a team because when he played for the Bears, the Bears sucked as if the Bears sucking is the fault of the HOF LB and not all the other shitty players on the team.

Also, Justin Smith is 35 and Vic Fangio had no problem using him in San Fran. If a guy is a good player and is available at the right price then don't think Fangio gives a shit about his age. The issue is not that Briggs is 35. The issue is he might not be a good player anymore but that's for Fangio to decide. No one is suggesting the Bears stack their D with 35 year olds.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think Briggs was as bad on the field last year as some of you make him out to be

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This part of your argument is just dumb. This would be like arguing that we shouldn't want Dick Butkus on a team because when he played for the Bears, the Bears sucked as if the Bears sucking is the fault of the HOF LB and not all the other shitty players on the team.

Also, Justin Smith is 35 and Vic Fangio had no problem using him in San Fran. If a guy is a good player and is available at the right price then don't think Fangio gives a shit about his age. The issue is not that Briggs is 35. The issue is he might not be a good player anymore but that's for Fangio to decide. No one is suggesting the Bears stack their D with 35 year olds.

Not only is it dumb, it's flat out wrong:

Except for a couple down years, the Bears D for it's entirely of the players in their prime, was a high level, high performance, impact defense. Both statistically and visually. They were WAY MORE than 'flashes of defensive brilliance'. It's not about flashes, it's about consistency....

Also take into account that the Bears were 4th in the NFL in wins during Peanut, Briggs, Lach time here. That just doesn't scream 'mediocre to bad'.

He is just making stuff up now...

BEARS

jc456

Liked Posts:
He became an unmotivated because he was playing for three stooges - Emery, Trestman, Tucker. He will be once again the person and player that he is for Fox and Fangio, that is why.

Hey, I don't know if he will be coming back, but I do think it would be a huge positive.
so he quit on his team? Yes, that's the guy to bring back, a quitter.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think Briggs was as bad on the field last year as some of you make him out to be

I agree with that but he lost his specialness. I don't expect to contend next year so I don't want him back if he's taking a spot form a potential future starter. If not and the price is right, I wouldn't complain. Briggs may have been an ass in previous negotiations and not a leader but he loves to play. I don't worry about him giving what he's got on the field. The question is only how much is that and how often vs what negatives come with it in terms a salary and roster. If he wants to give back and play for $2/3M, I'd consider it if I had conditioning clauses in the deal.

I didn't get upset with the off time guys that new their jobs took last year but this year needs to be different. New schemes and personal will need all their attention.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
what difference does that make? he's injured = he sucks? I'm talking about when he was on the field

Who really gives a fuck about when he's on the field, when he spends most of his time now off of it.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I do not hold it against Briggs the last two years. In fact he was proven right for the most part, even if he didn't do anything to disprove his message.

The problem is he is old and we have no assurances he will bounce back. If Briggs really wants to join here in rebuilding then he needs to take a minimum salary with incentives. He won't do that though which will show his true colors.

Loser teams overpay old vets when they need to be moving on. We aren't in a position where Briggs is the missing piece so just let him go unless he really wants to give back.
So your theory is this is a rebuilding year. hmmm, why in a rebuilding year would the team bring in Briggs? Isn't that the opposite of rebuilding? Isn't rebuilding meant to focus on giving young talent playing time? See, this is the funny stuff on the board. Also, he quit on his team last year. So not only do you want to bring in a old player to a rebuilding year, but one that quit on his team. how effective is that?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Funny you should say that because PFF has Briggs as the 10th best 4-3 OLB in the NFL last year and 8th against the run. Shea McClelin also actually graded out 7th against the run as a LB. Their problems are in coverage.

Either way, I think I will let Fox and Fangio decide who should stay or go as I am fairly confident they have a better grasp about D than anyone on here crying about Briggs or PFF for that matter.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Briggs is completely accountable for his own actions, but I submit that Briggs is just one of many examples of a dysfunctional locker room.....

BEARS

This is my problem with Briggs or any person, period. You are paid to do a job. Do your fucking job. You should not need to be goaded, prodded, or coaxed to do you best when you are being paid to do so. You don't have to be happy about poor performance or results, BM went off about it ( I am still want to understand how that is a bad thing),but don't be part of the problem. This is true whether you are making $10/hour or $5M a year.

Seriously, a guy that admittedly slackassed at a $5M/yr job, why would you want him back.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes in an ideal world everyone would still work hard for shitty bosses. In the real world, there are enough management studies out there to show that is a pipe dream. Yes there are rare individuals that work hard no matter what. The majority of people though will most certainly be affected by working for a shitty boss they don't respect. It's human nature.

The only thing Fox and Fangio should be worried about is how they feel Briggs will play for them not how he played for the previous coach particularly when the previous coach is now universally considered to be an atrocious hire than lost the whole fucking team.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Why do i need to point out other teams bringing back older oft injured players?? Did i say there is other teams doing it? I absolutely think everyone will be motivated to come play for Fox and Fangio just by all the love that especially Fox gets from everyone that played for him and how they all said he's a great coach to play for and the Bears are lucky to get him and there's been a lot of guys saying good things about him. I guess you're not smart enough to read through my wording of when i said i know they'll be motivated cause i obviously don't actually KNOW and that's just a way of speaking but you're not smart enough to read through it so i'll make sure to speak more clearly for you in the future. Hahahaha why are people so dumb??

Every teacher you ever had growing up would weep by reading that post.

I did read through your 'wording' - it was dumb and poorly structured. Not to mention you are one of the dopes calling for the Bears to sign old, slow, out of shape, hurt 35 year old players.