Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe the saddest part of all this is that even if we do blow it up, BD is still the coach, so no matter who we get the team is still gonna end up playing like this

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I rather keep BD than fire him and sign the cheapest guy they can find like did last time with Jim Boylen. I put allot of blame on our last rebuild being a flop due to that cheapness. Lauri is the star he showed he was until Boylen turned him into a stand in the corner & shoot guy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I rather keep BD than fire him and sign the cheapest guy they can find like did last time with Jim Boylen. I put allot of blame on our last rebuild being a flop due to that cheapness.
This is a fair point. Boylen killed Lauri's game here and that whole team was on the verge of mutiny.

Idk maybe on a team with no expectations BD would be an ok coach since supposedly he's good with young guys (haven't seen it here) due to his college experience. It matters not what I think though since BD is here to stay.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Welp they have proven continuity works. They were bad and have consistently got worse.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point I think I'm rooting for the opponents to win by as large a margin as possible so as to accelerate the fire sale of this team

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Should have been blown up 2 years ago

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Supposedly AK is not looking to trade anyone but Zach right now, not sure how that will come back to bite him later but since it's Murphy's law, I'm sure it will

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He’s not playing well and every team knows the bulls are looking to trade him. I’m sure his value is through the roof

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He’s not playing well and every team knows the bulls are looking to trade him. I’m sure his value is through the roof
sure, but then youre also ignoring the fact he will be the best player available for trade. if the bulls are smart and wait till the deadline, there will be a handful of teams looking to acquire that piece to put them over the top

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well even if he was scoring 30 a game I'm sure teams are still lowballing given everyone knows he wants out (or the team wants him out, either way). Gonna take a while for a trade to manifest itself regardless as teams hardly ever trade in December and a bunch of players can't be traded until Dec 15 anyway. Some can't be traded until January 1 or so. I don't even expect anything to happen until near the trade deadline with how AK has been operating the last couple years. Bulls will be firmly in contention for #1 pick by then lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Well even if he was scoring 30 a game I'm sure teams are still lowballing given everyone knows he wants out (or the team wants him out, either way). Gonna take a while for a trade to manifest itself regardless as teams hardly ever trade in December and a bunch of players can't be traded until Dec 15 anyway. Some can't be traded until January 1 or so. I don't even expect anything to happen until near the trade deadline with how AK has been operating the last couple years. Bulls will be firmly in contention for #1 pick by then lol

Not sure what this crop of prospects look like but they desperately need the #1

I’ve said this countless times before, but I really wish the NBA would get rid of the lottery.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
According to KC trading Zach is the #1 priority. I don't understand why it's a must that he goes when it's clear his value is less than stellar right now. Some team is going to get a trade of a lifetime by trading their junk for an efficient scorer in his prime.

and this idea of waiting to see the team post-LaVine is just eww.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
According to KC trading Zach is the #1 priority. I don't understand why it's a must that he goes when it's clear his value is less than stellar right now. Some team is going to get a trade of a lifetime by trading their junk for an efficient scorer in his prime.

Well if we're to believe the media take on this, basically both Zach and the Bulls are done with each other. Philly still managed to a decent return on Harden despite the circumstances surrounding him so it's possible Bulls don't get fleeced, however AK's track record is working against him there.

There's really no good way around it right now though, team needed to have been blown up way earlier

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Trade of a lifetime? I think it’s just as likely whoever trades for him is going to regret it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Trade of a lifetime? I think it’s just as likely whoever trades for him is going to regret it.
yes yes yes, of course you would say that...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol of course the Bulls win the game without Zach and Demar against a fully healthy Bucks team

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
First game I went to this year, so the fan inside me enjoyed it. I just hope people who didn't watch understand the Bucks looked like a team that checked the schedule, and decided to party the night before. While the Bulls players we're playing like they didn't want to get traded before Christmas.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First game I went to this year, so the fan inside me enjoyed it. I just hope people who didn't watch understand the Bucks looked like a team that checked the schedule, and decided to party the night before. While the Bulls players we're playing like they didn't want to get traded before Christmas.
Well to be fair to the Bucks, that is a pretty reasonable attitude to take with this team, Bulls are still trash. And it took a miracle 3 from Caruso for the Bulls to steal it in OT because they still couldn't manage to hold a lead (which is probably expected with no closer playing) in the 4th.

The thing about the Bulls playing with actual heart and effort though, that is perhaps more significant because they've been pretty much checked out after the first 5-6 games and definitely in the last 8 games or so. Perhaps for the first time all season we saw elements of what AK and BD talked about during media day: Vuc as a hub (they had no choice lol), higher pace, ball movement (albeit with high turnovers, still a season high assists), get into the paint (finally won the FT battle). The vibe was definitely different from start to finish and where the team usually crumbled, they were able to make things happen and grind out a win.

Also this might be the first game I have ever seen PWill have emotion in. Massive +/- win for the bench guys too, even tank commander Dalen Terry was a positive in his 4 minutes. Maybe that's due to the Bucks' partying.