Bulls 2023-2024 Season IGT

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well to be fair to the Bucks, that is a pretty reasonable attitude to take with this team, Bulls are still trash. And it took a miracle 3 from Caruso for the Bulls to steal it in OT because they still couldn't manage to hold a lead (which is probably expected with no closer playing) in the 4th.

The thing about the Bulls playing with actual heart and effort though, that is perhaps more significant because they've been pretty much checked out after the first 5-6 games and definitely in the last 8 games or so. Perhaps for the first time all season we saw elements of what AK and BD talked about during media day: Vuc as a hub (they had no choice lol), higher pace, ball movement (albeit with high turnovers, still a season high assists), get into the paint (finally won the FT battle). The vibe was definitely different from start to finish and where the team usually crumbled, they were able to make things happen and grind out a win.

Also this might be the first game I have ever seen PWill have emotion in. Massive +/- win for the bench guys too, even tank commander Dalen Terry was a positive in his 4 minutes. Maybe that's due to the Bucks' partying.
Maybe PWill really hates Zach and DeMar.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
According to KC trading Zach is the #1 priority. I don't understand why it's a must that he goes when it's clear his value is less than stellar right now. Some team is going to get a trade of a lifetime by trading their junk for an efficient scorer in his prime.

and this idea of waiting to see the team post-LaVine is just eww.

There is no trade market for LaVine due to his salary and he’s also not an elite player. Just an expensive SG that offers little other than some inefficient scoring

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Some team will get desperate closer to the trade deadline. The Bulls need to trade both him and DeMar though and I don’t think AKME is smart enough to realize that.
And Vuc

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Bulls win 2 games in a row for 1st time this season....with Zach out for both games. Coincidence? Hell no. Mr max contract is a liability. Beating 2 winning teams....one of them a GREAT team. You'd think losing your supermax player would hurt you but Bulls haven't played better...WITHOUT him. His trade value is almost zero especially after these 2 games. Who wants to pay some schlep that crazy money...especially when the team is BETTER when he doesn't play?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls win 2 games in a row for 1st time this season....with Zach out for both games. Coincidence? Hell no. Mr max contract is a liability. Beating 2 winning teams....one of them a GREAT team. You'd think losing your supermax player would hurt you but Bulls haven't played better...WITHOUT him. His trade value is almost zero especially after these 2 games. Who wants to pay some schlep that crazy money...especially when the team is BETTER when he doesn't play?
How mad are you?

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
How mad are you?
I shouldn't be mad after a Bulls win....but the Lavine situation has always frustrated me. All that $ basically wasted on a complentary player w a bad attitude. I don't see a viable solution either and yes it upsets me a bit. Is "how mad are you?" a new "young thing" kids say like "you mad bro?" or something ? I gotta try and stay hip.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I shouldn't be mad after a Bulls win....but the Lavine situation has always frustrated me. All that $ basically wasted on a complentary player w a bad attitude. I don't see a viable solution either and yes it upsets me a bit. Is "how mad are you?" a new "young thing" kids say like "you mad bro?" or something ? I gotta try and stay hip.
I still think the Bulls will get a 1st (protections tbd) and a decent young player or two, which would be a win IMO. Small sample size, but the Bulls seem to play better without him. At the very least, the energy and ball movement are noticeably better and the team seems to be having fun which I haven’t really seen in a long time.

Again, small sample, but reinforces what most fans have thought about LaVine for quite some time. I think Coby is ready to take another step as well. Granted, I only caught maybe the last 5 mins of the fourth quarter last night, but he looked like the best player on the court and brought a ton of energy and good decisions down the stretch.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
News flash, same thing happens when demar doesn’t play. They need to rid themselves of both players at this point.

Also, Lavine doesn’t have a “bad attitude.” That’s just an easy cop out for a fanbase that is frustrated and wants desperately to point fingers. ZL has been a great professional in his time here in Chicago.

The organization failed him and it’s now time to part ways and let him continue his career elsewhere, likely with more success

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not saying this team shouldn't be blown up, but recall when the Grizzlies played better with Morant out of the lineup than with him a couple years ago?

Credit Coby White for playing perhaps the best ball of his career, PWill has been slowly turning it around also after his atrocious start as well.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's almost as if that moment when the game slows down for a player, just happened for Coby.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It's almost as if that moment when the game slows down for a player, just happened for Coby.
hes having a better year, but id pump the brakes a lil bit there killer.

if you mean just happened as in this past game, then no...6/16 shooting aint it

if you mean this season, well he had a better offensive rating last year and is having his worst defensive rating of his career. hes still below league average in TS% as well

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hes having a better year, but id pump the brakes a lil bit there killer.

if you mean just happened as in this past game, then no...6/16 shooting aint it

if you mean this season, well he had a better offensive rating last year and is having his worst defensive rating of his career. hes still below league average in TS% as well
Well the Bulls are bottom feeders in defensive rating this year so it doesn't shock me at all that his defensive rating is cheeks.

He had a slow start to the season as well, but is now shooting 40% from 3 so that's something at least. Definitely room to improve, but less wildly inconsistent like he has been for his career