I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Definitely too much hero ball from Demar down the stretch. Ball should be in Cobys hands a lot more. He is the best combination of decision maker/ball handler/scorer. Demar really forced the issue on consecutive possessions
Demar playing hero ball?!?! no way!!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Definitely too much hero ball from Demar down the stretch. Ball should be in Cobys hands a lot more. He is the best combination of decision maker/ball handler/scorer. Demar really forced the issue on consecutive possessions
On the one hand I get that Demar is the closer generally, but obviously Coby was the hot hand in the 4th. Not painting Demar to be the villain or anything as he still had a decent impact on the 4th including a nice dive to get the ball to Coby in the corner and of course the game tying shot to send it to OT, but definitely could've ran some two man action with Coby and Demar to either force Coby's weaker defender onto Demar on the switch or otherwise get an open look off of rotations. Can't say that was because of Demar or because BD didn't suggest any such idea...who knows, probably both.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad they looked like a competent team despite the 41% FG%

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
On the one hand I get that Demar is the closer generally, but obviously Coby was the hot hand in the 4th. Not painting Demar to be the villain or anything as he still had a decent impact on the 4th including a nice dive to get the ball to Coby in the corner and of course the game tying shot to send it to OT, but definitely could've ran some two man action with Coby and Demar to either force Coby's weaker defender onto Demar on the switch or otherwise get an open look off of rotations. Can't say that was because of Demar or because BD didn't suggest any such idea...who knows, probably both.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad they looked like a competent team despite the 41% FG%

Yeah, DeMar still had a good game overall and is generally the best closer on the team. He typically gets good shots but there were definitely a few instances late in the game that were too forced for my liking.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agreed, I kept yelling at the TV for DeMar to find Coby down the stretch, but he failed to listen to me.

Silly DeMar.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
it was a good team effort overall. Stacy mentioned it, but Vuc really has to start making those bunnies in the paint. Overall though, I thought the team played pretty well and looked like a competent, functional, and respectable basketball team which is a nice change

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
They have looked allot better recently. Coby is out of his slump and Pat has a pulse.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pat has almost scored in double digits in 9 straight games (8 points vs Charlotte to break the streak) and has been rebounding a bit more lately as well. Low bar, but he doesn't look anything like the train wreck he was to start the year

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Pat has almost scored in double digits in 9 straight games (8 points vs Charlotte to break the streak) and has been rebounding a bit more lately as well. Low bar, but he doesn't look anything like the train wreck he was to start the year

I’ll agree with this but he still looks pretty underwhelming overall. The bar was absurdly low but he has been picking it up *some*, but I haven’t seen anything to make me think he’s anything more than just a guy in the NBA.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’ll agree with this but he still looks pretty underwhelming overall. The bar was absurdly low but he has been picking it up *some*, but I haven’t seen anything to make me think he’s anything more than just a guy in the NBA.
lol he went back to train wreck form last night so welp

Enasic

Liked Posts:
lol he went back to train wreck form last night so welp
Is it just me or does PWill lose the ball at the slightest bit of resistance? Whether that’s tight defense against ISO or in the paint in slight traffic…it seems like there’s a 70% chance he’s losing the ball. Dude has to work on his handle and be stronger with the ball.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it just me or does PWill lose the ball at the slightest bit of resistance? Whether that’s tight defense against ISO or in the paint in slight traffic…it seems like there’s a 70% chance he’s losing the ball. Dude has to work on his handle and be stronger with the ball.
Don't really remember seeing that recently, but I saw several players bobbling the ball last night so idk. It could be a thing, but haven't paid enough attention to that for Pat specifically.

If anything I feel like he's more likely be called for a travel off the triple threat (pretty common in young players though)

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Don't really remember seeing that recently, but I saw several players bobbling the ball last night so idk. It could be a thing, but haven't paid enough attention to that for Pat specifically.

If anything I feel like he's more likely be called for a travel off the triple threat (pretty common in young players though)

Yeah, the fundamentals are sorely lacking with these young players nowadays

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, the fundamentals are sorely lacking with these young players nowadays
They're just moving too fast most of the time. It's the same types of jabs/fakes they've been doing forever (and actually pre-NBA the rules are stricter when it comes to travels and pivots and such), but often times they're rushing themselves.

Skimmed through part of Miami game as I figured Pat might have especially struggled vs their defense but the handful of clips I found of him dribbling he didn't lose the ball once. Small sample size of course, I'll see if I have time to check out some of the more recent games

Edit: skimmed through the first Bucks game (the one without Demar and Zach) and Pat actually looked pretty good with the ball in that one. He had a bad pass turnover but otherwise no issues on drives with pressure. The bad pass was mostly unforced too, just didn't make a good decision in that instance.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They're just moving too fast most of the time. It's the same types of jabs/fakes they've been doing forever (and actually pre-NBA the rules are stricter when it comes to travels and pivots and such), but often times they're rushing themselves.

Skimmed through part of Miami game as I figured Pat might have especially struggled vs their defense but the handful of clips I found of him dribbling he didn't lose the ball once. Small sample size of course, I'll see if I have time to check out some of the more recent games

Edit: skimmed through the first Bucks game (the one without Demar and Zach) and Pat actually looked pretty good with the ball in that one. He had a bad pass turnover but otherwise no issues on drives with pressure. The bad pass was mostly unforced too, just didn't make a good decision in that instance.
yeah, he hasnt been that bad with the ball...still not amazing or anything. but PWill does have the lowest turnover % of his career sans his injury shortened 2nd year where he didnt play many games, while his usage % is at a career high currently.

so Pwill has actually been better than ever with the ball while his usage has never been higher. Its almost as if the young kid just needs to get involved in the game to feel comfortable out there

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Could just be me…but keep your eyes open from here on out : )

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had to go back to the Raptors game prior to him being benched to find clips of him just losing the ball on the dribble. For your PWill bashing enjoyment, here's a compilation I found from that game

For the record, in the games I have seen recently, he looks much better

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It seems to happen a good bit when he just gathers a rebound and tries to go up, or is in the paint in general. Could be off here but from what I’ve seen (and I haven’t watched every game), he needs to get stronger with the ball.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Coby White's growth alone has given me more interest in watching games. The wins lately are just a bonus