Bulls 2023-2024 Season IGT

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
At the moment they've be picking 9th.

8-3 since Lavine last played, but it hasn't exactly moved them into a playoff spot yet. They are a 0.5 games out of a play-in spot.
Yeah I expect them to keep trending up and finish closer to .500

It’ll be interesting to see how the team plays if/when LaVine comes back.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I applaud y'all for hanging in there with this team/franchise, I have been a fan for 50 years and am now just checked out.

GarPax + AKME have just drained all the interest out, the team currently has no hope for years to come given - they have no meaningful foundational players to build around and limited draft assets, tradeable assets, and roster flexibility. A sad state of affairs.
Their draft assets are largely going to depend on how they can do bad enough or luck into a good lottery pick. Not much else you can do. Most draft picks have protections on them, the ones that don't are usually for the best of the best players, so it's not like the Bulls can stock up on picks.

It's a sad state of affairs, but if the team is at least trying to be entertaining, I can watch it. I don't have any hope at all for this team to win much of anything, but they can entertain me. Similar to say the 2012-13 season where Rose was out for the season, they were going no where, but hey they were at least fun to watch still. I'm not saying this team is on par with that team by any means, but I have been mostly entertained these last 11 games (though I've missed a few of them).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah I expect them to keep trending up and finish closer to .500

It’ll be interesting to see how the team plays if/when LaVine comes back.
4 games under right now.

It is curious if/when he comes back. I almost feel like if the idea is to indeed trade him they won't even let him come back. As soon as he's medically cleared, he's in some deal.

But if they aren't interested in dealing him, or only want a certain kind of deal for him, Zach will be back once healthy, and hard to say how he fits in with this club.

Patrick Williams definitely suffers when the "Big Three" are all healthy and playing, and Coby wasn't on that much prior to either (though he was scoring a big more several games before Zach went out with his injury).

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Having a watchable team is not to be understated. Though I suppose technically, if the team was completely unwatchable but also in line for a top 3 pick or something, perhaps you stomach it. But if they're just gonna be mediocre, at least if they're watchable the season doesn't have to be torture

It's entertainment. Watchable is the minimum a fan can ask for.

Remember WGN "They're Un-Believa-BULL" commercials? I think we just meed someone bored enough to use some of the AI plugins to change that to "We're finally watch-a-BULL" and mix in highlights of the current season, keep the WGN part for extra lulz, and that parody video will get 250k views in 1 month on youtube.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It's entertainment. Watchable is the minimum a fan can ask for.

Remember WGN "They're Un-Believa-BULL" commercials? I think we just meed someone bored enough to use some of the AI plugins to change that to "We're finally watch-a-BULL" and mix in highlights of the current season, keep the WGN part for extra lulz, and that parody video will get 250k views in 1 month on youtube.
Only if Wayne Larivee is involved

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Their draft assets are largely going to depend on how they can do bad enough or luck into a good lottery pick. Not much else you can do. Most draft picks have protections on them, the ones that don't are usually for the best of the best players, so it's not like the Bulls can stock up on picks.

It's a sad state of affairs, but if the team is at least trying to be entertaining, I can watch it. I don't have any hope at all for this team to win much of anything, but they can entertain me. Similar to say the 2012-13 season where Rose was out for the season, they were going no where, but hey they were at least fun to watch still. I'm not saying this team is on par with that team by any means, but I have been mostly entertained these last 11 games (though I've missed a few of them).
Joakim Noah was enough entertainment all on his own

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rewind Dre on display. Capela has like 5 hard possessions per game with the rest of the time playing soft. Love seeing him get exploited.

If he's coming off games like this without any real pain, that's huge. At what point does the 2023-24 Bulls go from being a 'watchable' fluke to a dark horse? That's really the conversation RN.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rewind Dre on display. Capela has like 5 hard possessions per game with the rest of the time playing soft. Love seeing him get exploited.

If he's coming off games like this without any real pain, that's huge. At what point does the 2023-24 Bulls go from being a 'watchable' fluke to a dark horse? That's really the conversation RN.
When they get over .500 we can maybe say they have a chance at "dark horse" status. But dark horse for what?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta shout out Drummond for the retro performance with the huge 24/25 game

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
When they get over .500 we can maybe say they have a chance at "dark horse" status. But dark horse for what?
This

Maybe dark horse is the song they play in the locker room after wins now?? That’s the only dark horse this team is touching

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls are watchable, but they're not going anywhere or doing anything. 1st round loss at most.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I said it before last year and I’ll say it again…I would have a near 50/50 split with Vuc/drummonds minutes…and in no universe would he play under 20 MPG. The fact that he’s only playing 15 MPG and 13 MPG last year is pretty mind boggling.

Just compare their PER and WS/48 and then try to make sense of the minute disparity. Think Dre needs at least 22 mins and BD needs to learn how to ride the hot hand and go with whoever is working and more effective on any given night.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
That said, that was a really entertaining game last night. Total back and forth starting mid-way in the 3rd. Bulls came out with a completely different energy and mindset in the 2nd half….they were really attacking the basket and a lot more focused on defense

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently Vuc is gonna be out a week with this groin injury so we'll get to see plenty of Mr Drummond

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Apparently Vuc is gonna be out a week with this groin injury so we'll get to see plenty of Mr Drummond
Unless he gets a few early fouls then we'll see 6'5 Caruso at center. Billy's dream.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I want coby at center
I've always thought about a reverse lineup of having your shortest guy at center to tallest at point guard. Teams wouldn't see it coming.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls got three point annihilated by Haliburton.