Bulls fire Gar Forman

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Honestly I wouldn't worry about Paxson. It almost seems like he's been Mike McCaskey'd.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
IDK HOW TO LIVE WITHOUT GAR FOREMAN

:kermit:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
well, Forman got fired...so yeah, of course he will have less input than Pax going forward lol
No... no he didn't. Fired would mean he's no longer has any job with the organization.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm seen articles saying Forman will be an advisor but have nothing to do with the basketball operations side.
Link?

I think you’re referring to Paxson staying as an advisor. Everything I’ve seen makes zero mention of Gar doing anything with the organization. Unless you think they are the same person, I think you’re completely wrong here.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm seen articles saying Forman will be an advisor but have nothing to do with the basketball operations side.
I mean, the title of this thread is “Bulls fire Gar Forman.” There are two tweets posted that talk about Gar being fired, and a tweet posted about Pax being the one who will be an “advisor.”

So, again, what the fuck are you even talking about?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Link?

I think you’re referring to Paxson staying as an advisor. Everything I’ve seen makes zero mention of Gar doing anything with the organization. Unless you think they are the same person, I think you’re completely wrong here.
I have to find it, I've read a bunch of different stuff, but they have gone out of their way to say he won't be involved in basketball operations, not that he's been removed from the organization. He can be head of parking for all I care, he's not anywhere near basketball operations. Unlike Paxson.

The bulls official stance is "Gar Forman was relieved of his duties as General Manager and will not be involved in the Basketball Operations Department. " I'm not sure why they would word it specifically like that. Jerry said that he will always be part of the Bulls family, and we know how he likes to keep people around. But his statement is a little more definitive that he's leaving so maybe he is gone for good.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I have to find it, I've read a bunch of different stuff, but they have gone out of their way to say he won't be involved in basketball operations, not that he's been removed from the organization. He can be head of parking for all I care, he's not anywhere near basketball operations. Unlike Paxson.

The bulls official stance is "Gar Forman was relieved of his duties as General Manager and will not be involved in the Basketball Operations Department. " I'm not sure why they would word it specifically like that. Jerry said that he will always be part of the Bulls family, and we know how he likes to keep people around.
Being part of the Bulls family =/= being involved in any way. You’re not making any sense.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
As a general rule, I don't like to advocate or celebrate anyone's firing, but what is the point of retaining John Paxson? Unless this is truly a token position existing only for Paxson to save face, then it's hard to believe he won't exhibit at least some influence over the Reinsdorfs (and by extension the organization).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
As a general rule, I don't like to advocate or celebrate anyone's firing, but what is the point of retaining John Paxson? Unless this is truly a token position existing only for Paxson to save face, then it's hard to believe he won't exhibit at least some influence over the Reinsdorfs (and by extension the organization).
31F85BED-5BDB-4001-9F8F-53C65D6E0DC8.jpeg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't buy the narrative that he offered to step down. But it is irrelevant to my question anyway because it doesn't address the question of why they kept him around.
Because that's what the Reinsdorf's do. They've always done this.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Already liking this guy, but this was the easy and obvious thing to do. The hard part is fixing the mess he was left with. Give me some Jokic's please based Arturas.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Maybe, but Reinsdorf kept Kenny Williams around and he doesn't appear to have much to do with Hahn's rebuild.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Good vibes so far. We’ve all wanted change and it’s finally happening I think

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Good vibes so far. We’ve all wanted change and it’s finally happening I think
I’m waiting for the eventual shitty comment on “why haven’t they signed player X yet.”