Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited by a moderator:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls aren't gonna get OJ Mayo without trading Taj, which they aren't gonna do.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
The lineup would be amazing, but we would have to give up a lot.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said an input. But I don't see this happening but I do see a Lee or Smith trade.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
If i had a guarantee that oj would meet his potential, i'd trade taj for mayo. Taj is a good player defensively, but he's nothing to write home about on offense. You can find a guy that can replace taj. If OJ plays as well as he was built up to be, we'd be a force.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
I never said an input. But I don't see this happening but I do see a Lee or Smith trade.
salary wont work for smith. lee could happen. We need to send out around 3 million for the smith deal to work.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
salary wont work for smith. lee could happen. We need to send out around 3 million for the smith deal to work.

salary wnt work with Oj either unless Taj or someone is included. Lee will and Smith won't, ya I saw that.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Taj is a luxury, even next year with Thomas presumably retired the Bulls can easily go with Asik for 20 minutes a night at center, and have Noah & Deng play the PF for about 8 minutes a night each.

I'm not super high on Mayo but even if he never gets it and becomes the star some people think he's going to be he fills a need and is a decent role player. If you have to give up Taj as part of the package (plus maybe Bulls and/or Miami pick) then that's what it takes.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Taj is a luxury, even next year with Thomas presumably retired the Bulls can easily go with Asik for 20 minutes a night at center, and have Noah & Deng play the PF for about 8 minutes a night each.

I'm not super high on Mayo but even if he never gets it and becomes the star some people think he's going to be he fills a need and is a decent role player. If you have to give up Taj as part of the package (plus maybe Bulls and/or Miami pick) then that's what it takes.

i agree. i have my doubts about mayo ever becoming the talent he's projected to be. If the asking price was taj gibson, i'd do the trade just on potential.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading on potential is very risky and it will likely come to bite you in the ass. I want OJ Mayo and I'd give up Gibson, but unless the Griz will take Bogans in a deal for Mayo there's no other way the Bulls can clear salary for Mayo.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Holy overrating of Mayo Batman!

Given what they'd have to give to get Mayo, I'd rather have Afflalo.

I'd rather Afflalo than Mayo too, but with the way the Melo trade went down I don't think Afflalo is available where as Mayo clearly is for the right price.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Trading on potential is very risky and it will likely come to bite you in the ass. I want OJ Mayo and I'd give up Gibson, but unless the Griz will take Bogans in a deal for Mayo there's no other way the Bulls can clear salary for Mayo.

They can take Scal + Gibson. The Bulls could even send them the money to cover the rest of Scal's contract.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
Ignore James Johnson, I just included that because the trade machine hasn't taken him off the roster yet. This is just a visual of my post above if the Griz would take Bogans in a deal for Mayo

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How can we make any trades w/o JJ??? He had so much value!!!

WearShades

Liked Posts:
They can take Scal + Gibson. The Bulls could even send them the money to cover the rest of Scal's contract.

Gibson is a better player right now than Mayo is. You don't do that trade.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:

i think the counter argument is that mayo has a higher potential. Right now i think taj is a little below what he's going to end up as in terms of ceiling. If taj improves his jumper and his post moves, he's a really good role player. He's a borderline starter on some teams, but he's not a go too offensive player. On defense he's a good player, but he's foul prone.

The only worry is that will oj mayo ever reach his potential.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:

I agree, but the Bulls have a bunch of minutes available at the SG but not at the PF. When you add in there's at least some chance in a new environment Mayo improves I think you have to make the move to balance the roster.