I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes anything can happen, but I'm not seeing it. Memphis lacks true offensive difference makers IMO. Green's an improvement but he's not a star.... For GS though, playing a healthy OKC team in the first round would be brutal.

green doesn't have to be a star for the grizz. he just has to keep scoring his 12 - 15 a game for them like he has been. they have gasol, Randolph, conley, and lee to put the ball in the hoop already. just needed another complementary piece and they got him in green. throw in the fact they give up the fewest points in the league on top of it and you have a title contender IMO

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
green doesn't have to be a star for the grizz. he just has to keep scoring his 12 - 15 a game for them like he has been. they have gasol, Randolph, conley, and lee to put the ball in the hoop already. just needed another complementary piece and they got him in green. throw in the fact they give up the fewest points in the league on top of it and you have a title contender IMO
Memphis is an interesting team, but even though they have guys who can score, they don't really seem to score much. Plus, they really lack the shooting that's necessary to be a bona fide championship team imo. They only make 6 3s a game at a 34% clip. As a team, that's not really that great.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Memphis lacks superstars in a superstar driven league. That's what will probably get them beat.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Memphis is an interesting team, but even though they have guys who can score, they don't really seem to score much. Plus, they really lack the shooting that's necessary to be a bona fide championship team imo. They only make 6 3s a game at a 34% clip. As a team, that's not really that great.

they slow the game down and play in the half court is why their scoring is so low(also partly why they give up the fewest points per in the league). the playoffs are played at a slowed down half court pace, and that fits right into how the grizz want to play. they throw their pit bull at your best wing player(tony allen) and then beat the hell out of you inside with ZBo and gasol. 3 point shooting is their only real Achilles heel I agree with you there. Courtney lee is probably their best, green is a decent 3 point shooter so his addition was huge on more than one level

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Memphis lacks superstars in a superstar driven league. That's what will probably get them beat.

don't think marc gasol is a star?

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
regular season success doesnt always translate into post season success. I think GS will go deep, but dont be surprised if Memphis or OKC starts making noise in the playoffs.

Memphis because of zbo/gasol and the core of that team has been together a long time as well as having played playoff games together. That experience together will be an advantage GS doesnt have. Plus Memphis have been cruising most of the season without major injuries. And OKC because Westbrook is a monster and KD is KD. They have potentitally 2 MVPs on that OKC team.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
regular season success doesnt always translate into post season success. I think GS will go deep, but dont be surprised if Memphis or OKC starts making noise in the playoffs.

Memphis because of zbo/gasol and the core of that team has been together a long time as well as having played playoff games together. That experience together will be an advantage GS doesnt have. Plus Memphis have been cruising most of the season without major injuries. And OKC because Westbrook is a monster and KD is KD. They have potentitally 2 MVPs on that OKC team.

the gamblers know whats up! lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they slow the game down and play in the half court is why their scoring is so low(also partly why they give up the fewest points per in the league). the playoffs are played at a slowed down half court pace, and that fits right into how the grizz want to play. they throw their pit bull at your best wing player(tony allen) and then beat the hell out of you inside with ZBo and gasol. 3 point shooting is their only real Achilles heel I agree with you there. Courtney lee is probably their best, green is a decent 3 point shooter so his addition was huge on more than one level
Imo the shooting is really what's going to hurt them more than the low ppg total. I know they play a slow down, grind it out style which is similar to the playoff style. However, if they go up against a faster paced team like Houston or Golden State, I don't think they'd score enough to keep up with them, even if they're not playing at the breakneck speed they usually go at, if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong, Memphis is quite good and they have as good a chance as anyone, but I think their lack of shooting is really going to hurt them. Green definitely helps, but he's not a difference maker from 3 imo.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Imo the shooting is really what's going to hurt them more than the low ppg total. I know they play a slow down, grind it out style which is similar to the playoff style. However, if they go up against a faster paced team like Houston or Golden State, I don't think they'd score enough to keep up with them, even if they're not playing at the breakneck speed they usually go at, if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong, Memphis is quite good and they have as good a chance as anyone, but I think their lack of shooting is really going to hurt them. Green definitely helps, but he's not a difference maker from 3 imo.

for a team whos weakness is 3 point shooting, adding a guy who scores 15 a game and shoots 33% from 3 helps

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lmao well do the bulls have a "super" star currently? jw
No.. their best hope was for Rose to return to form. He didn't.

The Bulls could make the Finals, especially in a weak east...Because LeBron is the only Superstar with a good team surrounding him in the East.. Beat him and you're probably going to the Finals.. Its much like the East in the early 2000's when Allen Iverson dragged a terrible Sixers team to the Finals or those bad Nets teams that had Jason Kidd, who I wouldnt say was Superstar, but they made two Finals.

But I don't believe in the Bulls chances in winning the ship unless Rose suddenly became his MVP form again.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
for a team whos weakness is 3 point shooting, adding a guy who scores 15 a game and shoots 33% from 3 helps
Yeah I said he helps, but I don't think he helps so much that it'll make them not a bad 3pt shooting team. 33% is still under their team average of 34% and both numbers are below the NBA average.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah I said he helps, but I don't think he helps so much that it'll make them not a bad 3pt shooting team. 33% is still under their team average of 34% and both numbers are below the NBA average.

theres only 3 guys on the team that really shoot 3's. Courtney lee who is at 45% mike conley at 40% and jeff green at 32% for the year

oh and vince carter who is dragging them down at 27%

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
theres only 3 guys on the team that really shoot 3's. Courtney lee who is at 45% mike conley at 40% and jeff green at 32% for the year
3 shooters ain't gonna cut it imo. We've seen that on our team (Brooks, Dunleavy, Mirotic).

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

btw Houston shoots 1% better than the grizz do from the 3 point line as a team. yet Houston takes 18 more of them a game....which team do you think is being more efficient?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You need 12 shooters in today's NBA.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
3 shooters ain't gonna cut it imo. We've seen that on our team (Brooks, Dunleavy, Mirotic).

it can if you have them paired up with gasol and zbo down low

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
btw Houston shoots 1% better than the grizz do from the 3 point line as a team. yet Houston takes 18 more of them a game....which team do you think is being more efficient?
Houston is a rather inefficient team I suppose. Their FG% is not very good, and I doubt Josh Smith is helping either category. FWIW, I never really saw Houston as a championship team though.