Butler out 3-4 weeks (per Woj)

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I do enjoy watching a chippy game now and again. If anyone deserves an occasional kick to the balls...well maybe there are some who deserve it more than Lebron, but I won't complain lol.

I call 3rd place behind Nazr's chest knockdown, and my favorite, Nate's bitchslap. :lol:

Yeah I've seen bits and pieces of Beverley's play. He's one heck of a defender, that's for sure. He's really worked himself into being a great role player. He's a pretty solid 3pt shooter...as far as 3&D players go, he's probably the best at the PG position. Some guys say he plays dirty...they're probably Thunder fans who are pissed off that he ran into Westbrook and ended up injuring him. Pairing him with Butler on the perimeter...oh man, that perimeter defense would be crazy. That said, I doubt he'd give up a starting role in Houston for a backup role here...at least not at this point in his career. He'd probably cost too much too since we have to pay Butler and such. In an NBA 2k world though, I'd be 100% for him as our backup PG.

Yeah, It seems like he'd want to start as any player would. As much as I like the way Houston is playing, I hope they lose so he wants to make the jump. Like I said, Harden does handle the ball a lot for them. I just really like him as a player.

Also, some players like to come home as we know, and I'd hope that was the case. The whole Rose and Chicago thing is what makes me think it's a possibility, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed with Houston.

If it were me, I'd sell him on coming home first, that he's get minutes at PG and SG. Like you said, him and Jimmy would be tough in the same lineup. I wish he was taller, but I think he's still pretty long. I'm not saying it'll happen, but I'd really like to see that kid in a Bulls uni next year. :yep: I mean, heck, he was in LJ's face all game, it was beautiful. He'd fit in perfect! :lol:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I call 3rd place behind Nazr's chest knockdown, and my favorite, Nate's bitchslap. :lol:
Great times those were...Nate will forever be famous for the slap lol.

Yeah, It seems like he'd want to start as any player would. As much as I like the way Houston is playing, I hope they lose so he wants to make the jump. Like I said, Harden does handle the ball a lot for them. I just really like him as a player.

Also, some players like to come home as we know, and I'd hope that was the case. The whole Rose and Chicago thing is what makes me think it's a possibility, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed with Houston.

If it were me, I'd sell him on coming home first, that he's get minutes at PG and SG. Like you said, him and Jimmy would be tough in the same lineup. I wish he was taller, but I think he's still pretty long. I'm not saying it'll happen, but I'd really like to see that kid in a Bulls uni next year. :yep: I mean, heck, he was in LJ's face all game, it was beautiful. He'd fit in perfect! :lol:
I suppose you could make the argument of sliding him in at starting SG. He can defend bigger players and he can hit 3s. SGs don't all tower over him and he's a good enough defender to overcome that anyway. I wouldn't be opposed to that idea.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Great times those were...Nate will forever be famous for the slap lol.

I suppose you could make the argument of sliding him in at starting SG. He can defend bigger players and he can hit 3s. SGs don't all tower over him and he's a good enough defender to overcome that anyway. I wouldn't be opposed to that idea.

Houston could go another direction as well. Who knows, maybe they sign another PG? Maybe Houston insults him with their offer. Scouting players isn't cut and dry. Right now, he's a player I'd keep an eye on, that's all. If you look at where the Bulls will pick in the draft, I don't see a great PG option. In FA'cy, there's not a whole lot except for Rondo at PG.

He's a guy that would make the Bulls better, I don't think would cost a great deal of money, and he has ties to Chicago. It seems like a guy that would be good to go after, but I guess most Bulls fans will hold out for blockbuster deals that the Bulls won't make this off season. :dunno:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It seems like a guy that would be good to go after, but I guess most Bulls fans will hold out for blockbuster deals that the Bulls won't make this off season. :dunno:
While I agree that Beverley would be a good piece, you still do need to make a "blockbuster" move (or draft a stud) in order to make this team a championship caliber one, especially if Beverley is your starting PG going forward (in the DRose is outta here at the end of his deal land).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
While I agree that Beverley would be a good piece, you still do need to make a "blockbuster" move (or draft a stud) in order to make this team a championship caliber one, especially if Beverley is your starting PG going forward (in the DRose is outta here at the end of his deal land).
That's the one thing GarPax is lacking in making this team a true championship contender...That blockbuster trade.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

my question is how do the bulls even sign Beverley?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
can't help but think of the Chris Smoove videos

[video=youtube;cGEw0_cvBsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGEw0_cvBsQ[/video]

lol @ that missed dunk at 1:36 that was 2k11 my player in a nutshell

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
By hoping he takes a very small deal

exactly lol pretty unlikely, this coming contract for him is the one during his prime years...has to take advantage financially

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
can't help but think of the Chris Smoove videos

[video=youtube;cGEw0_cvBsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGEw0_cvBsQ[/video]

lol @ that missed dunk at 1:36 that was 2k11 my player in a nutshell
Can't see this video, but I know exactly what you're talking about lol. He was always like "every time Beverley comes into the game we suck"

How times have changed...lol. Smoove gave him some props either this year or last year I think for his improvement.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
exactly lol pretty unlikely, this coming contract for him is the one during his prime years...has to take advantage financially
lol yeah I said initially that this contract for him would be a big reason he doesn't come here. Plus...I really doubt he'd leave that starting spot in Houston. Doesn't really make sense for him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did you guys see that laughable(yet tragic spin-a-rama) that Captain Kirk did when confronted by Jordan? I wonder if Thibs was miked up for that one? YOu could make a hilarious tape of basketball follies this year just with Kirk Hinrich. It seems at least once or twice a game that he loses the ball all by himself. I'd have an open try-out in the UC for any candidates from YMCA leagues to play guard and bring one of those guys in to ball before Hinrich was ever allowed on the court again. He is AWFUL. Who made that decision to pay him those millions of dollars? Huh, Pax?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can see the Bulls falling to 6th seed by the end of this month.

They have zero offense.

Wait a second...... Feb. was supposed to be Kirk's big month, right?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait a second...... Feb. was supposed to be Kirk's big month, right?
Historically it's when he's started to play better. He was injured for half of it though, so maybe it'll be March. :elephant:

What's it matter though, your opinion won't change even if he shot 60% for the rest of the season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it too late to bring Krause back:)

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Kirk is done...no more hot months for him

hes been on a downward spiral since 08 and now hes pretty much bottoming out