Caleb Williams & Rome Odunze Contracts

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's criminal
It was very clear that the first game vs Indianapolis after the Super Bowl loss (when Forte had that long touchdown run) that he might have made a difference in the SB. I say that, but then Thomas Jones was averaged 7.5 yards a carry, so perhaps they should have just run him more. Or maybe played any semblance of defense whatsoever lol.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It was very clear that the first game vs Indianapolis after the Super Bowl loss (when Forte had that long touchdown run) that he might have made a difference in the SB. I say that, but then Thomas Jones was averaged 7.5 yards a carry, so perhaps they should have just run him more. Or maybe played any semblance of defense whatsoever lol.
I don't see how that matters at all seeing as how Forte was in college for the Bears Super Bowl.

And the problem in the SB was not featuring Thomas Jones like you said, he was balling out. Idiot coaches decided that the SB was a good time to pass the torch to Benson and he went and fumbled the ball, which imo was the turning point of the whole game.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see how that matters at all seeing as how Forte was in college for the Bears Super Bowl.
Matt Forte's first game was vs Indianapolis, and he had a 50 yard touchdown run. My point was, had the Bears had Forte, he might have made a difference.
And the problem in the SB was not featuring Thomas Jones like you said,
I didn't say that. I am suggesting that maybe when a guy is averaging 7.5 yards a carry like TJ did, perhaps they should have given him the ball more, and I was contrasting my point that Forte might have made a difference because even with a guy that was averaging 7.5 yards a carry, the coaches stopped giving him the rock.
he was balling out. Idiot coaches decided that the SB was a good time to pass the torch to Benson and he went and fumbled the ball, which imo was the turning point of the whole game.
It was a turning point for sure. But let's not forget that defense also gave up 191 yards rushing.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

If Caleb Williams was all about the team and not himself and trying to create a new contract precedent in the NFL, he would already be signed.

They were saying on ESPN 1000 yesterday that he wants to do away with the 5th year option and hit the market sooner and that's why there's a hold up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Caleb Williams was all about the team and not himself and trying to create a new contract precedent in the NFL, he would already be signed.

They were saying on ESPN 1000 yesterday that he wants to do away with the 5th year option and hit the market sooner and that's why there's a hold up.

Who is “they”? And how would “they” know?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Is it even possible to remove the 5th year option? If he is as good as he thinks he is it will be a non issue as he will get extended after year 3. No way the Bears agree to remove that option, if that is the truth this is going to get ugly unfortunately.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Is it even possible to remove the 5th year option? If he is as good as he thinks he is it will be a non issue as he will get extended after year 3. No way the Bears agree to remove that option, if that is the truth this is going to get ugly unfortunately.
Lol fucking L

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who is “they”? And how would “they” know?
It was the topic of discussion on Carmen and Jurco. Carmen said he was hearing things that that was the problem was Caleb's camp wanted to drop the 5th year option so he's guaranteed to get his bigger contract sooner and Jurco was saying the quickest way for that to happen was to play well. He'll get extended sooner if he plays as well as Mahomes did.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No it's not possible to remove it but it's what they were talking about during their show yesterday. That the holdup is entirely on Caleb's end because there's literally nothing to negotiate under the structure of the rookie salary contracts but that guys who are already millionaires coming out of college have more leverage to try things because they've already been paid. So it's basically young guys who have already been paid pushing to up end the current rookie salary structure and that they're trying to challenge the option part of the 5th year saying that there should be the option to opt out of it on the player's end just as much as the team has the option not to pick it up.

Rise

Liked Posts:
No it's not possible to remove it but it's what they were talking about during their show yesterday. That the holdup is entirely on Caleb's end because there's literally nothing to negotiate under the structure of the rookie salary contracts but that guys who are already millionaires coming out of college have more leverage to try things because they've already been paid. So it's basically young guys who have already been paid pushing to up end the current rookie salary structure and that they're trying to challenge the option part of the 5th year saying that there should be the option to opt out of it on the player's end just as much as the team has the option not to pick it up.

Well he can join the players association and negotiate that into the next CBA. Sounds like his wanna be agent lawyer is trying to make a name for himself.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well he can join the players association and negotiate that into the next CBA. Sounds like his wanna be agent lawyer is trying to make a name for himself.
They've wanted to do unprecedented things every step of his career. They're trying to push the envelope. I mean good for him for trying to be an agent for change but how far are they willing to go?

Rise

Liked Posts:
They've wanted to do unprecedented things every step of his career. They're trying to push the envelope. I mean good for him for trying to be an agent for change but how far are they willing to go?

Nothing wrong with pushing the envelope, but some things are literally not possible to do, like removing the 5th year option. If he for example asked for the most favorable language possible in the contract I would understand.

Let’s just hope this is all nothing and we see him signed before Tuesday. If he isn’t at that first practice it’s going to be a clown show but as Bears fans we are used to it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
2 massive injuries on the defense. The Benson fumble.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I would offer a performance based removal. That gives him even more incentive to perform and be a good leader and is worth it for the Bears anyway if he performs well enough.