Can Justin Fields Elevate this Team?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm a big believer in going O-line heavy this draft. If we believe the rumors that Poles is not a fan of Borom, then that really leaves us in a not-so-good spot.

I would like another WR as well, but O-line first.

As you said, Raimann or Tyler Smith (or Green or Johnson if either somehow falls by some miracle), and then Strange in the 3rd round.

There would be a lot of flexibility there, which based on the attempted signing of Bates, is something Poles likes.
I'm a big believer in (Insert tweets by Lester Whitlong Jr). *

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree that a WR who checks all of the boxes is the dream draft pick. I even said that Watson would be a great draft pick. I also said that the cost of a Watson would be considerably more expensive than a Calvin Austin III.

Watson may not even be available at 39 or some other position might be more important and more scarce, like LT.

I am just saying that adding a player that checks every single box but the height box could still be huge for the Bears.

Honestly, there are so many WRs in the draft who could help the Bears in 2022. Poles may be looking to fill offensive line at 39.
I think it will be determined by what's there and what he expects to be there at the pick #2 in the 2nd.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Vildor is asked to cover a teams #2 WR and to not spin in circles until he falls to the ground while opposing QBs have the highest rating in the league vs him. Justin Fields was asked to run a completely broken offense no prep, no coaching, no adjustments, bad receiving talent and a mediocre OL.
All the excuses in the world doesn't change the fact, and it is very much a fact, that Justin Fields basically mimicked the rookie year of Josh Rosen. Right down to their shared inability to even keep hold of the ball (somehow the fumbles are Matt Nagy's fault, I'm sure).

You wanna live in la-la land where this overrated, overhyped Ohio State quarterback is somehow different than every other overrated, overhyped Ohio State quarterback which came before him? Fine. You get to live out the delusion one more year. But the idea that this franchise should commit anything to Justin Fields other than some playing time is without basis in reality. The Bears would actually be very justified in doing what Arizona did after Josh Rosen's rookie year, which is continue to pursue the position in the draft. The only thing really stopping them is a lack of a first round pick.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if they are doing Mahommes any favors. Seeing what Nagy did to Trubisky, Foles, Dalton and Fields can't fill him with confidence.
Nagy isn’t going to have much, if any, influence over Mahomes

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
All the excuses in the world doesn't change the fact, and it is very much a fact, that Justin Fields basically mimicked the rookie year of Josh Rosen. Right down to their shared inability to even keep hold of the ball (somehow the fumbles are Matt Nagy's fault, I'm sure).

You wanna live in la-la land where this overrated, overhyped Ohio State quarterback is somehow different than every other overrated, overhyped Ohio State quarterback which came before him? Fine. You get to live out the delusion one more year. But the idea that this franchise should commit anything to Justin Fields other than some playing time is without basis in reality. The Bears would actually be very justified in doing what Arizona did after Josh Rosen's rookie year, which is continue to pursue the position in the draft. The only thing really stopping them is a lack of a first round pick.

Question......Is this a lie? >>>>Fields was asked to run a completely broken offense no prep, no coaching, no adjustments, bad receiving talent and a mediocre OL.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

When you just deflect rational reasons into "excuses", you have nothing to say. There are people who cover this league professionally who say how he was set up to fail but no, Montucky says its all excuses, so lets trust him, the conductor of the Shilldor train and the bright mind who said
1649294798852.png
LOL sign off

Montucky

Liked Posts:
When you just deflect rational reasons into "excuses", you have nothing to say. There are people who cover this league professionally who say how he was set up to fail but no, Montucky says its all excuses, so lets trust him, the conductor of the Shilldor train and the bright mind who said
View attachment 18676
LOL sign off
The situation was a little different in 2020 than it was a year later, would you agree?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The situation was a little different in 2020 than it was a year later, would you agree?
Not if you know what you're watching, no. This is from the same thread. #CALLEDIT
1649295352745.png
1649295605954.png