Can we hang up this dopey idea of tagging Mitch?

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Mitch has got to go. Rodgers is 21 - 5 in his career against the Bears. That's a .807 winning percentage. Can Mitch beat Rodgers and Green Bay? No. If you can't consistently beat the top team in your division then you're at best a wild card team playing on the road and that road leads to nowhere.

you realize there is probably 4-5 qbs in the history of the nfl as good as rodgers

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft a QB, do you trust Trubisky to mentor him? Because that's what would happen if you let Foles go. Of course, it's entirely possible that Pace doesnt draft a QB at all since he's terrible at making decisions at QB.
No but am I supposed to trust Foles? He was worse than Trubisky this year.

Southside

Liked Posts:
did you miss the pass to mooney?

Bro be honest with me here, prior to this game today all week long whenever everyone online and in the local media talked about the keys to victory to beating GB, what were the keys that people kept repeating? Pretty much the entire fanbase agrred that the keys were pass rush, running game, and secondary. I kept hearing Khalil Mack, Robert Quinn, David Montgomery, Eddie Jackson, Danny Trevathan's names pop up. But not a single person/fan/local analyst named Trubisky as their x-factor. The crazy thing is, he's the guy playing for his career, most of those other guys have longer contracts lol. How can a guy playing for his career not even be mentioned as an x-factor?

EVEN the pro-Trubisky Bears youtubers (who annoy me to death) spent the entire week talking about what EVERY BODY ELSE on the team needed to do today to beat GB except Mitch. Why? Because deep down not even HIS FANS truly trust him. Imagine going into the biggest game of the season, and your number 2 pick QB is the 6th or 7th person whose name is mentioned when discussing key players. That alone is proof that he's not the future. Whenever the Seahawks go into a major game, they look towards Russell Wilson to carry them, when the Packers need a win they look towards Rodgers, when the Ravens have a big game they look towards Lamar Jackson, when the Bears are facing a major game, we look towards everybody else to lead us except the QB who was taken number 2.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wow! What a surprise.

Against a non-bottom feeder defense and he's around 200 yards, ZERO TDs and an INT?

Why in the eff would we EVER consider bringing this guy back next year?

After FOUR YEARS are you fucking kidding me??
Because the alternatives are worse. No other reason. And it's not a great reason by any means. But you can't discard a player for not being what you ultimately hope to have when the alternatives are worse.

He's not going to make some magical transformation. That's not my expectation or reason for keeping him. They need to find the right guy, but unless they are willing and able to trade up high enough in the draft to get the guy they want - an idea I am not at all opposed to - they can't go into next year with even less.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Yes, I realize this. But arguing that your arch rival has an unbelievable talent at QB (that followed an unbelievable talent at QB in Favre) is not a good defense of the Bears and their continued mediocre play.

The Bears have NEVER HAD a top tier QB in my life and I am 49 years old, a life long fan. I am pretty tired of mediocre.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Anyone who doesn't see the progression and are screaming about a single bad throw must really not understand the game of football.

Once we couldn't stop Rodgers, the game plan turned predictable like another poster mentioned. The Packers have a way of forcing an opposing offenses hand to have to out Rodgers, Rodgers. It doesn't work very often. Just look at what they did to Tannehill) last week: 11 of 24 for 121 yards 1TD and 2 INT. This was a guy who many have indicated would be the perfect qb in the bears offense and have even referred to as MT's "ceiling." He really played more like Kyle Orton in that game.

We're getting closer and closer to being competitive against Green Bay. This game was competitive most of the way and yes Mitch had a single bad throw (Rodgers probably should have also been picked a couple times and probably would have been if Roquan Smith didn't take an early exit). Rodgers did play near perfect football and we were down Jaylon Johnson and Roquan Smith and still managed to make this game competitive the majority of the way.

Save for the 1 pick, Mitch was efficient and is gaining confidence. His deep ball needs work but he wouldn't be the first quarterback in NFL history to struggle with the deep ball early in his career. This last month hasn't been a fluke and suddenly even the offensive line is playing acceptable football.

Why blow all of that up when they're trending in the right direction? Why create a need at QB when we have one that we already win with. Instead they should keep the core of guys they have; Mitch, A-Rob, Mooney, Montgomery, Cohen, etc. Build off of that and let the offense continue to ascend.

Couple that with what will almost certainly be an improved defense by Eddie Goldman clogging up the interior after a year of rest and perhaps now the flexibility to add yet another defensive play maker without the need for a QB and less of a need for offensive lineman. Maybe this will be the answer to the Bears beating the Packers with another blue chip player on the defense and an offense that's coming into its own.

They should absolutely give it another shot and anyone who doesn't see that is completely idiotic. If Foles was not pulled, this is easily a 10-6 team. Mitch responded to his benching by coming back with the first back to back to back to back 30 point games for the first time since 1965.

idiot!

lost to every good team we played that was healthy. I guess we should be happy we are getting closer to green bay? News flash. We are not

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because the alternatives are worse. No other reason. And it's not a great reason by any means. But you can't discard a player for not being what you ultimately hope to have when the alternatives are worse.

He's not going to make some magical transformation. That's not my expectation or reason for keeping him. They need to find the right guy, but unless they are willing and able to trade up high enough in the draft to get the guy they want - an idea I am not at all opposed to - they can't go into next year with even less.

Idgaf if they drafted Mac Jones in the 3rd at this point. There's no reason to pay Mitch more money to come back - he'll get overpaid and/or over extended.

The Bears will sign him for 2 more years and have another excuse to keep him around after the 1st year of that extension.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's out there next season for a short term fix? Cam Newton? Jameis Winston? I think Winston will at least push the ball downfield.

Are you saying you would rather have one of them?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch sucks. Him and Nagy can GTFO. Build this offense around Kmet, Monty and Mooney.

Southside

Liked Posts:
Mitch has got to go. Rodgers is 21 - 5 in his career against the Bears. That's a .807 winning percentage. Can Mitch beat Rodgers and Green Bay? No. If you can't consistently beat the top team in your division then you're at best a wild card team playing on the road and that road leads to nowhere.

The problem with Mitch is that he can't go gun-for-gun with ANY elite QB. The Bears have continued using the same strategy of trying to beat Aaron Rodgers through defense. Last year when the defense was much better, we still lost to GB 10-3 and 21-13, the Bears FO need to understand that you need a legit QB to beat a team like GB/Rodgers. Im convinced that the Bears will continue to lose to GB until they stop trying to beat them purely through defense or clock possession. This is the same GB team that only has 1 ring and consistently loses in the playoffs EVERY YEAR, because they've run into QBs like Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, and Eli Manning who can sling it.