Can we hang up this dopey idea of tagging Mitch?

coolio

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying I want this but I’m guessing bears will try to get darnold

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Who was talking about tagging Mitch? The only way that would ever be viable is if he totally balled out in the playoffs. Regardless of where he goes he'll get a very modest prove it deal. Including here. He has zero leverage.

I disagree. Mitch will have offers from other teams that have a clue how to use him. The Bears will need to bring more than "prove it" money to the table and in fact may need to bring a "prove it" plan to Mitch to want to continue playing for the Bears.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The play calling was the way it was because they CANT trust Trubisky. If Mitch "2nd overall pick" Trubisky actually played like a number 2 pick then they'd let him throw more. He almost had 3 picks tonight.

So did Rodgers but no one is talking about that.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree. Mitch will have offers from other teams that have a clue how to use him. The Bears will need to bring more than "prove it" money to the table and in fact may need to bring a "prove it" plan to Mitch to want to continue playing for the Bears.

:jonesy:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Post june 1st is only an extra $1m.

The problem is: Which if the bums available in FA (Brisset, Taylor, Trubisky, etc) do you actually want starting next year?

2021 is going to be a long season.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
The play calling was the way it was because they CANT trust Trubisky. If Mitch "2nd overall pick" Trubisky actually played like a number 2 pick then they'd let him throw more. He almost had 3 picks tonight.

rodgers had almost 3. Difference is Green bays has big chunk plays on offense due to a more aggressive play calling. Yes rodgers is a hall of fame player but there pass plays always have receivers wide open in space

Southside

Liked Posts:
I dont think Foles will be on the Bears next season.

If the Bears draft a QB, do you trust Trubisky to mentor him? Because that's what would happen if you let Foles go. Of course, it's entirely possible that Pace doesnt draft a QB at all since he's terrible at making decisions at QB.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Difference is Rodgers makes you pay for dropping them

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There are two circumstances where I would keep Trubisky. 1. He balls out during the playoffs and wins the superbowl. 2. He agrees to pay back the money he has collected (stole) from the Bears so far. 2 is probably more likely to happen.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Good Lord. He didn't draft himself. If you're gonna bitch about the QB's play, bitch at the guy who placed Trubisky's value at "2nd overall pick" and bypassed Mahomes and Watson. That pick will haunt Pace for the rest of his life.

And BTW, as bad as he is....he's still better than fucking Foles.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Mitch has got to go. Rodgers is 21 - 5 in his career against the Bears. That's a .807 winning percentage. Can Mitch beat Rodgers and Green Bay? No. If you can't consistently beat the top team in your division then you're at best a wild card team playing on the road and that road leads to nowhere.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Good Lord. He didn't draft himself. If you're gonna bitch about the QB's play, bitch at the guy who placed Trubisky's value at "2nd overall pick" and bypassed Mahomes and Watson. That pick will haunt Pace for the rest of his life.

And BTW, as bad as he is....he's still better than fucking Foles.

well said. Mitch’s ceiling is middle of the pack which is good enuff to win but when you have nagy calling shotgun 4th and 1s that is a problem