Can we hang up this dopey idea of tagging Mitch?

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
I only contemplated the idea of tagging Mitch even with a transition tag, if you could put up a performance equal to those he performed with during the last parts of the season.

Mitch is in the spot where he is a good backup and will have a very long career as such in the league.

But what is apparent to me is he is not starter material. I was willing to give him a chance given his improvement in performance but he just isn't the guy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think anyone wants to tag him but it's not beyond this staff to do it. I think with today's performance against a decent D, it won't be necessary. I was one who suggested that a tag was a possibility but I did qualify it with continued good play. He was not good today regardless of what the #s say. Still only an 81 rating with dropped picks and some poor decisions.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bad news boys. Nagy is coming back

OK let the dick ripping begin

ok

mecha

Liked Posts:
can we hang up this dopey idea that @aaronitout introduced that the Packers defense is the best in the league?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, if you have a problem with me grimson, contact me in PM so we can meet up IRL. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and stop harassing me online in every single thread.

TWO CCS POSTERS ENTER
ONE CCS POSTER LEAVES

TWO CCS POSTERS ENTER
ONE CCS POSTER LEAVES

TWO CCS POSTERS ENTER
ONE CCS POSTER LEAVES

TWO CCS POSTERS ENTER
ONE CCS POSTER LEAVES

TWO CCS POSTERS ENTER
ONE CCS POSTER LEAVES

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Here is the language ms adows understands. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Anyone who doesn't see the progression and are screaming about a single bad throw must really not understand the game of football.

Once we couldn't stop Rodgers, the game plan turned predictable like another poster mentioned. The Packers have a way of forcing an opposing offenses hand to have to out Rodgers, Rodgers. It doesn't work very often. Just look at what they did to Tannehill) last week: 11 of 24 for 121 yards 1TD and 2 INT. This was a guy who many have indicated would be the perfect qb in the bears offense and have even referred to as MT's "ceiling." He really played more like Kyle Orton in that game.

We're getting closer and closer to being competitive against Green Bay. This game was competitive most of the way and yes Mitch had a single bad throw (Rodgers probably should have also been picked a couple times and probably would have been if Roquan Smith didn't take an early exit). Rodgers did play near perfect football and we were down Jaylon Johnson and Roquan Smith and still managed to make this game competitive the majority of the way.

Save for the 1 pick, Mitch was efficient and is gaining confidence. His deep ball needs work but he wouldn't be the first quarterback in NFL history to struggle with the deep ball early in his career. This last month hasn't been a fluke and suddenly even the offensive line is playing acceptable football.

Why blow all of that up when they're trending in the right direction? Why create a need at QB when we have one that we already win with. Instead they should keep the core of guys they have; Mitch, A-Rob, Mooney, Montgomery, Cohen, etc. Build off of that and let the offense continue to ascend.

Couple that with what will almost certainly be an improved defense by Eddie Goldman clogging up the interior after a year of rest and perhaps now the flexibility to add yet another defensive play maker without the need for a QB and less of a need for offensive lineman. Maybe this will be the answer to the Bears beating the Packers with another blue chip player on the defense and an offense that's coming into its own.

They should absolutely give it another shot and anyone who doesn't see that is completely idiotic. If Foles was not pulled, this is easily a 10-6 team. Mitch responded to his benching by coming back with the first back to back to back to back 30 point games for the first time since 1965.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really think with their jobs on the line next year, they will trust a rookie 3rd round QB or Nick Foles to save their asses? I doubt it. if Nagy insists on calling plays, I don't think Mitch should be back. He obviously is too stubborn to call plays the way Lazor was to help Trubisky. They don't mesh together. If Lazor becomes the permanent playcaller, I could see Mitch coming back and giving them at least a 9-7 season.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really think with their jobs on the line next year, they will trust a rookie 3rd round QB or Nick Foles to save their asses? I doubt it. if Nagy insists on calling plays, I don't think Mitch should be back. He obviously is too stubborn to call plays the way Lazor was to help Trubisky. They don't mesh together. If Lazor becomes the permanent playcaller, I could see Mitch coming back and giving them at least a 9-7 season.

They don't really have any good options, tbh. The Bears quarterback room is the Kobayashi Maru (as usual).

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If your logic is about almost INT'S, Rodgers should have had 3 picks

It's like that a lot. The guy is almost as lucky as he is good. Dropped picks, deflections hit the turf.....not fair that a QB that is so fucking good can also be so damn lucky.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:

With Nagy firmly establishing himself as calling plays, and with a game plan that kept a lesser talented team like the Bears in it with the Packers, you will not see Mitch back but instead they will draft their future quarterback in round one and roll with him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who doesn't see the progression and are screaming about a single bad throw must really not understand the game of football.

Once we couldn't stop Rodgers, the game plan turned predictable like another poster mentioned. The Packers have a way of forcing an opposing offenses hand to have to out Rodgers, Rodgers. It doesn't work very often. Just look at what they did to Tannehill) last week: 11 of 24 for 121 yards 1TD and 2 INT. This was a guy who many have indicated would be the perfect qb in the bears offense and have even referred to as MT's "ceiling." He really played more like Kyle Orton in that game.

We're getting closer and closer to being competitive against Green Bay. This game was competitive most of the way and yes Mitch had a single bad throw (Rodgers probably should have also been picked a couple times and probably would have been if Roquan Smith didn't take an early exit). Rodgers did play near perfect football and we were down Jaylon Johnson and Roquan Smith and still managed to make this game competitive the majority of the way.

Save for the 1 pick, Mitch was efficient and is gaining confidence. His deep ball needs work but he wouldn't be the first quarterback in NFL history to struggle with the deep ball early in his career. This last month hasn't been a fluke and suddenly even the offensive line is playing acceptable football.

Why blow all of that up when they're trending in the right direction? Why create a need at QB when we have one that we already win with. Instead they should keep the core of guys they have; Mitch, A-Rob, Mooney, Montgomery, Cohen, etc. Build off of that and let the offense continue to ascend.

Couple that with what will almost certainly be an improved defense by Eddie Goldman clogging up the interior after a year of rest and perhaps now the flexibility to add yet another defensive play maker without the need for a QB and less of a need for offensive lineman. Maybe this will be the answer to the Bears beating the Packers with another blue chip player on the defense and an offense that's coming into its own.

They should absolutely give it another shot and anyone who doesn't see that is completely idiotic. If Foles was not pulled, this is easily a 10-6 team. Mitch responded to his benching by coming back with the first back to back to back to back 30 point games for the first time since 1965.
You clearly weren’t watching the same game. Mitch was throwing ducks, he had two good passes one that fucking wims (why is Ridley still not playing) missed and the ONE pass over 10 yards to mooney. The packers dropped two int, one one the red zone.. again.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nobody gives af anymore.