Carlos Boozer to Toronto?

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Can we get back to talking about the direction these trade talks point to, even if they don't come to fruition? You know, instead of talking about a guy who hasn't been a Bull since 2009?

I think it's important for Bulls' fans to take note that the FO is starting to gauge interest from other teams on some of their assets. The Boozer-to-Toronto talks may have been nothing more then an exploratory phone call, but it lets fans know that the Bulls are looking to create some roster flexibility going forward. Boozer, Hamilton and even Deng could all be dangled out there in order for create flexibility for the 2014 free agency boom.

The Bulls could also end up packaging some of their juicier assets (the Bobcats first-rounder or the rights to Mirotic) in order to land something more substantial then cap space. I think whenever they hammer down a return date for Rose, the trade talks will be ramped up quite a bit. I, for one, and extremely excited to think about some of the possibilites.

Keep being excited about the POSSIBILITIES, Because the possibilities have come every year in the Pax era, but still sitting Bull......I have my doubts that anything significent will get down like always.......but of course I hope I'm wrong......Would be nice to land another superstar.....We shall see., because I hope they are planning more than just giiving away any of our core players for garbage in return and cap space.

Last edited:

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
What you gotta understand is that teams are not looking to throw their stars at us!

If the Bulls want to improve per trade, it has to be a blockbuster trade, probably with more teams involved. Talking about guys like Love or Harden who would be traded to us!

This is very hard to do and only happens if it makes sense for every team included.

I agree that it would be huge to be part of a blockbuster trade which really brings us forward, but I know how hard it is to make a trade like this and I´m not too worried that it didn´t happen so far!

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to warm up to this trade. Bargs can play back up C too, Boozer can't. I think a trio of Taj, Noah, and Bargs (with Thib's coaching) might work well. We have no back up center right now. Maybe a change in scenery will get Bargs to play up to his potential.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
The whole reason for the trade is to get out from under the luxury tax for the season. Which would also position us better for the future. Bulls are not winning this year, even with a fully healthy Rose.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
What if Bargnani is a better player than Boozer but his current team sucks? lmao
:troll:

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They offer up the bulk of our current offense for Bagnani and JL3?

Seriously?

They don't want to win a title.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't possibly think we have any shot at winning the title with Ben Fucking Gordon?

That is just ridiculous.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to warm up to this trade. Bargs can play back up C too, Boozer can't. I think a trio of Taj, Noah, and Bargs (with Thib's coaching) might work well. We have no back up center right now. Maybe a change in scenery will get Bargs to play up to his potential.

You gotta be kidding me.
You ain't warming up, you're going to the brink of insanity.
Bargs is garbage, pure trash.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Its simple.
Its a bad trade because bargs iwill make 11.5 million the year of the next big free agency class.
And he cannot be amnostied like boozer can.
The trade is dumb as hell and makes no sense.
And if that's not bad enough, downgrading from Nate to jL3 is even just as dumb.

http://www.blogabull.com/2013/2/15/...ade-rumors-boozer-for-bargnani-trade-deadline

Toronto don't even want to make the trade that bad.
Its the Bulls that want this trade to happen which is ridiculous.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls will be stuck with Barnani the next 2 years. I really don't want to see that.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
KC Johnson reports once again that the Chicago Bulls still have an offer on the table to the Toronto Raptors. We heard last week that the Bulls made an offer to the Raptors of Carlos Boozer for Andrea Bargnani. But the trade did not meet financials and the trade could not happen.

Now we hear that the Bulls have a standing offer to the Raptors of Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson for Andrea Bargnani and John Lucas III. The trade is reportedly up to the Raptors and they can accept the trade at any time.

A Boozer for Bargnani trade would not work due to the league's trade rules, but adding Robinson's minimum salary and Lucas's 1.5 salary, would make the trade work.

The Bulls are in need of trading Boozer, so they can be under the luxury-tax threshold. This trade would allow them and they won't have to pay more in taxes.

Both Boozer and Bargnani are signed through the 2015 season, but Boozer (32.1 million) makes almost 10 million more than Bargnani (22.25 million).

The Raptors would easily be the winners of the trade, but they may not accept the trade for a couple reasons. 1) They would have to pay more money in taxes, 2) they would be tied down financially and 3) they would not be able to make a any other moves to improve their team.

Don't forget the Raptors just acquired a big contract in Rudy Gay. Gay will make a little under 18 million next season and has a player option for a little under 20 million for the 2014/2015 season. (In which I doubt he declines.) So, it's hard to say the Raptors would make the trade.

Boozer is having the best season in a Bulls uniform and is better than Bargnani no doubt. Robinson is better player than Lucas easily and honestly, I would hate to see him back in a Bulls uniform.

KC Johnson has also reported the Bulls will not release Boozer next year and wipe out his whole contract. That's why the Bulls want to acquire a player that has a less salary. With the trade, the Bulls can't release Bargnani and wipe out his contract. So, the Bulls will have Bargnani the next 2 seasons - barring no trade.

I'll be honest and say, I hate the look of the trade. Yes, I know the Bulls have a long chance of winning the championship ... but come on, don't give up. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Injuries do occur and that can change the whole series. The Bulls were the #1 seed last year and Rose/Noah suffered an injury and could not challenge the 8th seed 76ers too much.

If the Bulls were to make this trade, I would tell Rose it's a guarantee that you're not returning this season. There's no point when the Bulls will have an even less chance to win it all.

The only positive of Bargnani is he's tall and can provide more depth to the front-court to give Noah more rest during games and he can also shoot the 3's in which the Bulls are also looking for. But he's be struggling from behind the arc this year.

All in all, this is a trade to just save money and don't pay the luxury-tax.

The Bulls have also talked to the Brooklyn Nets about Boozer, but to no dice as of now. The Nets want to trade Kris Humphries, but the Bulls want no part of him. The Bulls are trying to get a 3rd team involved to take Humphries, but no taker yet.

I guess we'll see what happens from now to Thursday - the trade deadline.

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/02/15/chicago-bullstoronto-raptors-trade-revived/

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, at least no one brought up Dwight Howard in this thread....

:smug2:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Well, at least no one brought up Dwight Howard in this thread....

:smug2:

I don't understand why the F.O is only extremely interested in making a trade with Toronto.
Why?
Why in the Hell arnt they on the phone with the Lakers or Mike in Charlotte?

Ben Gordons contract ends next year so that could be off the Books.
Its a good deal.
Or why not Gasol or Dwight? Dwights contract ends after this season..Or would leave a ton of money on the books if they don't resign him.....Maybe if the Bulls fans and Orginizations FO treats Dwight right and show him visions of championships, he'd stay..
Why Barnyani? Why? Why Why?????

The only good thing that could come out of this is good international relationships with another country....
It would be like a good gesture and gift to the King of Canada...They'd be rippin us the fuck off...
Like I've said many many times on this forum in the past, "Pax has no creativity or vision"....LAME!!!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
holykyrie.gif

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

will be interesting to see if lebron ends up opting out to go back home. i'm sure he's strongly considering playing with the next up and coming superstar over an aging injury prone dwyane wade. we shall wait and see :gary: