CCS Weather Thread (STORMS?)

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Power is still out here. Block to the east has power. Nice and cool, I'd like to open my window to sleep tonight since I have no AC and no fan, but my neighbor has a noisy generator running.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Finally got power back over night. That was a nasty storm.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
See a lot of Kens and Karen’s on FB bitching about the timeline, as if Com Ed doesn’t have over 500k homes they’re working on.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
See a lot of Kens and Karen’s on FB bitching about the timeline, as if Com Ed doesn’t have over 500k homes they’re working on.
I don't know if this one or the one that rolled though in July 2012 was worse. I know each affected me differently as the 2012 one knocked out my parents (where I lived then) power for 3 days, while this storm was basically just a regular storm for my neighborhood. I just don't remember hearing about people not having power for basically a week in 2012.. maybe they did and my memory is just short.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My kinda girl says her power is back on. Invited me over to soak up some AC but I'm gonna wait for her Covid test to come back before going over there.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking neighborhood is full of brick houses and generators running. It sounds like a bunch of angry bees that are so pissed off they're buzzing at a much lower pitch. The fucking echo! Argh!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Fucking neighborhood is full of brick houses and generators running. It sounds like a bunch of angry bees that are so pissed off they're buzzing at a much lower pitch. The fucking echo! Argh!

Just go over to your semi strange house already and stop complaining. There is Air conditioning and sex on the table.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just go over to your semi strange house already and stop complaining. There is Air conditioning and sex on the table.

Well her Covid test was negative so I'm gonna go do some laundry tonight. Even talked her into cooking dinner. Rawr!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So my experience was a bit odd.

Weather system rolled thru, rain and wind were bad, but never lost power or anything.

Then at 5am yesterday morning I wake up to my security system beeping because it is on battery power.

Power was out all day, I got the same 8/15 at 3pm estimate, everyone is getting that same long estimate because they can't take time to estimate each case or cluster of cases, but they are confident they will get it all sorted by Friday/Saturday.

My power came back on late last night, like around 9pm.

However I noticed power out in spots it wasn't yesterday.... certain traffic lights, so I think they may be shutting down certain sections to work them.

Randy's Meat market is closed, no power... I may have to find another place to get ribs and brisket for Saturday.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Well her Covid test was negative so I'm gonna go do some laundry tonight. Even talked her into cooking dinner. Rawr!
Coulda been over there in the AC without the hornets nest of generators last night bruh.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Coulda been over there in the AC without the hornets nest of generators last night bruh.

She might have a snaggletooth, you don't fucking know, man.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Her twin sister was there. And it's not like the movies. They're identical but not identical.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
She might have a snaggletooth, you don't fucking know, man.

Yes but she had air conditioning. There are exceptions that need to be made when one is under duress.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes but she had air conditioning. There are exceptions that need to be made when one is under duress.

Eh I will say my house was comfortable yesterday, even when it was 80+ outside, downstairs was fine.

Upstairs was warmer, but was cooling down nicely right when my power came back on.

I was fully intending to "tough" it out last night.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Eh I will say my house was comfortable yesterday, even when it was 80+ outside, downstairs was fine.

Upstairs was warmer, but was cooling down nicely right when my power came back on.

I was fully intending to "tough" it out last night.

In my single story ranch when it is a hundred outside I would be pretty upset about no AC or even fans until it was well after dark and the desert cool came in.