Liked Posts:
Got about 8 inches of snow here.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna take the kayak out tomorrow morning

B0SzKrz.jpg
While you are living la vida kayak, I get to dig my way out of this.
Wasn't as bad as expected though.
20210131_094948.jpg

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
While you are living la vida kayak, I get to dig my way out of this.
Wasn't as bad as expected though.
View attachment 10103

Congrats on the new place, looks awesome.

Also, if it makes you feel any better we had a big cold front come through. It went from the low 80s this weekend down to low 40s this morning. Which for FL, is fucking cold. I don't know what it is but 40 degrees here is way colder than it is in IL. Maybe the humidity or something. Cuts right through you. Up there I remember wearing t-shirts and shit after it got into the 40s after a cold snap.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Also, if it makes you feel any better we had a big cold front come through. It went from the low 80s this weekend down to low 40s this morning. Which for FL, is fucking cold. I don't know what it is but 40 degrees here is way colder than it is in IL. Maybe the humidity or something. Cuts right through you. Up there I remember wearing t-shirts and shit after it got into the 40s after a cold snap.
Part of it is what your body is used to. 40 degrees feels cold to me in September, but fucking warm as hell in January/February/March.

I remember it was like 65 on Christmas in 2019.. it felt like a hot summer day.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Part of it is what your body is used to. 40 degrees feels cold to me in September, but fucking warm as hell in January/February/March.

I remember it was like 65 on Christmas in 2019.. it felt like a hot summer day.
I was going to say the same thing. 40 degrees in March and we all have our windows down in the car, but 40 degress in the fall feels cold AF.

Outside of a couple big snowfalls, I feel the winter has been pretty mild temperature wise. Been hovering right around 30 for the most part, which I'll take. I'm just waiting for the brutal February polar vortex to hit :rolleyes:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was going to say the same thing. 40 degrees in March and we all have our windows down in the car, but 40 degress in the fall feels cold AF.

Outside of a couple big snowfalls, I feel the winter has been pretty mild temperature wise. Been hovering right around 30 for the most part, which I'll take. I'm just waiting for the brutal February polar vortex to hit :rolleyes:
December was mostly warm (though was in the low 20s for Christmas)... January was fairly warm with mostly above freezing days until the end. February may be brutal as this weekend looks to be in the single digits here at least (not sure about Iowa). Those single digits are now stretching well into next week too.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
December was mostly warm (though was in the low 20s for Christmas)... January was fairly warm with mostly above freezing days until the end. February may be brutal as this weekend looks to be in the single digits here at least (not sure about Iowa). Those single digits are now stretching well into next week too.
Looks like a high of 1 on Sunday. I guess grilling season is coming to a close.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Your blood has thinned from all that warm weather!

I am not looking forward to our single digit weather this weekend.

It will be so cold that the snot freezes in your nose and the snow makes that horrible squeaking/crunching noise when you step on it.

Just hearing that sound while watching Fargo is enough to give me the chills.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Holy shit- i hope I never come up over a hill on to that.

It would suck to sit in your car getting repeatedly hit, knowing it is either stay put and get punished or bolt and hope nobody squashes you like a bug.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shit like that happens in Iowa on I80 when one truck is driving 55 and is getting passed by one going 56.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shit like that happens in Iowa on I80 when one truck is driving 55 and is getting passed by one going 56.

I had the joy of being several vehicles behind someone creeping along at 30 in a 55 yesterday down a several mile stretch of no passing zones during a light dusting of snow.

I am usually pretty chill on the roads, but shit like that makes me wish I had the force and could launch that car in to a lake.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had the joy of being several vehicles behind someone creeping along at 30 in a 55 yesterday down a several mile stretch of no passing zones during a light dusting of snow.

I am usually pretty chill on the roads, but shit like that makes me wish I had the force and could launch that car in to a lake.
When I get behind dumb fucks like that while I'm driving my plow truck they speed up. That huge red plow scares the slow out of them.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When I get behind dumb fucks like that while I'm driving my plow truck they speed up. That huge red plow scares the slow out of them.
Some of these oblivious fucks wouldn't move even if they had this behind them.

c0a55d985e92b55372dc1383baf26177a15c603c085744979d942a70bf4d6cf9.jpg

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was 55 and sunny here today. Washed my shepherd outside in shorts and a T.

I love Chicago but definitely don’t miss the winters. Always said I would move back after college but it has been 20 years now so probably not.