1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hell of a snowstorm.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck this snow.

Go pack in your front door drafty spots with snow.
That's what I do on one edge of garage door that doesn't quite hit ground.
Wind don't fuckin' blow in there once I pack that bitch ass crack full of snow.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So the TX power outages are bad. I saw many pics on twitter of ppls thermostats at 30 degrees. I hope @BaBaBlacksheep is okay ?

I bet last night was long for many ppl

Currently showing 0 degrees outside at my house. Power was out for a little over 12 hours. Came on at 3am just when it started getting real cold. I’m worried about my old lady neighbor across the street. I’ve got friends melting snow so they can flush their toilet. People in my neighborhood begging for firewood to keep their kids warm. I’ve got family over here now because they’ve been without power even longer than us and their entire cities water pumping station shut down.

On a positive note my kids have been sledding twice in three days and are having a blast. ?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Only people on the road and going 15. Snow was coming down pretty good. Would do it again. 4 miles from home.

That is super shitty.
Even if there is nobody on the road, even if you don't give a damn about you or your wife's safety, even going 15.
You slide in to a ditch and tip over, someone has got to come rescue your ass on a shitty night and expose themselves on a slippery road.
It isnt about you, it is about everyone else that would have to come clean up your mess if you fucked up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have like 3 feet of snow drift up to my door.

Plows came and went last night and you can barely tell.

At least I'm getting my money's worth out of my snow tires.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is super shitty.
Even if there is nobody on the road, even if you don't give a damn about you or your wife's safety, even going 15.
You slide in to a ditch and tip over, someone has got to come rescue your ass on a shitty night and expose themselves on a slippery road.
It isnt about you, it is about everyone else that would have to come clean up your mess if you fucked up.
15 fucking mph.
Been 4 wheelin for over 40 yrs and have never tipped over.
If I did need help I would call my friend that owns 20 or more tow trucks or one of my farmer friends.
1 or 2 beers aren't going to make a difference when going 15 with nobody else on the road.
As far as safe driving goes I haven't had a ticket since 88 and have never injured anybody or been given a DUI.
It seems that somebody has done harm to you. a friend or your family after drinking. It wasn't me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
15 fucking mph.
Been 4 wheelin for over 40 yrs and have never tipped over.
If I did need help I would call my friend that owns 20 or more tow trucks or one of my farmer friends.
1 or 2 beers aren't going to make a difference when going 15 with nobody else on the road.
As far as safe driving goes I haven't had a ticket since 88 and have never injured anybody or been given a DUI.
It seems that somebody has done harm to you. a friend or your family after drinking. It wasn't me.

I blame Rango for your drinking problem.

He's a bad influence.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My friend in Austin just wrote, 30 hours straight without power. Been below 20 that whole time with the majority of that time in single digits, wind chill around zero. More ice coming down tonight.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My friend in Austin just wrote, 30 hours straight without power. Been below 20 that whole time with the majority of that time in single digits, wind chill around zero. More ice coming down tonight.
So like, how many homes are gonna get destroyed over frozen pipes with this?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
So like, how many homes are gonna get destroyed over frozen pipes with this?
Probably a lot. You're probably also going to see some old people die. These things are happening over most of Texas, so probably in the tens of millions of people are in similar conditions.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably a lot of CO poisonings too.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
At least my job told us we have to work a limited shift tonight. They care so much.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@BaBaBlacksheep is the power outage issue largely that the Texas power infrastructure isn't built for these kinda temps? Snow? Ice? Wind? All of the above?

Perhaps I've just been lucky, but I only ever seem to get power outages during Summer, never had it during Winter.