CCS Weather Thread (STORMS?)

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
15 fucking mph.
Been 4 wheelin for over 40 yrs and have never tipped over.
If I did need help I would call my friend that owns 20 or more tow trucks or one of my farmer friends.
1 or 2 beers aren't going to make a difference when going 15 with nobody else on the road.
As far as safe driving goes I haven't had a ticket since 88 and have never injured anybody or been given a DUI.
It seems that somebody has done harm to you. a friend or your family after drinking. It wasn't me.

Harm to me? No.
But I do know a guy who lost a leg as a tow truck driver during a storm.
Drunk dude slid off the road.
Cops rolled up and hauled the guy off and called the tow truck for the car.
Along comes someone else on the same turn while he was working there and boom.

Doesn't matter what you think your capacity is, or luck is, or disregard for your own safety is.
You get caught, several people have to expose themselves on snow slick roads to clean up your immature mess.

One bad break, one deer at the wrong time, one car hugging the centerline too close, and your joyride costs people time and aggravation and possibly their health or life.

What kind of person thinks drinking and driving in a snowstorm is something they should defend?

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harm to me? No.
But I do know a guy who lost a leg as a tow truck driver during a storm.
Drunk dude slid off the road.
Cops rolled up and hauled the guy off and called the tow truck for the car.
Along comes someone else on the same turn while he was working there and boom.

Doesn't matter what you think your capacity is, or luck is, or disregard for your own safety is.
You get caught, several people have to expose themselves on snow slick roads to clean up your immature mess.

One bad break, one deer at the wrong time, one car hugging the centerline too close, and your joyride costs people time and aggravation and possibly their health or life.

What kind of person thinks drinking and driving in a snowstorm is something they should defend?
Preach to somebody else. You don't like the kind of person I am then put me on ignore. Bye.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Preach to somebody else. You don't like the kind of person I am then put me on ignore. Bye.

Stop letting Rango take the truck for beer during snowstorms.

You've been warned.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
152061860_1154316035022094_5529850186076292015_n.jpg

He resigned.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

"As your Mayor, let me tell you, it isn't my job to take care of this town nor the citizenry of the town which elected me."

commotion

"I am being told what I just described as not being my job, is actually my job description."

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
"As your Mayor, let me tell you, it isn't my job to take care of this town nor the citizenry of the town which elected me."

commotion

"I am being told what I just described as not being my job, is actually my job description."

I don't see what the issue is. Just pick yourself up by your bootstraps and build your own power grid for your house. I help those that help themselves.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My sister in the SA burbs never lost power luckily. Says her furnace has struggled to keep up, and she realized how poorly her 2016 house is constructed (just moved there this summer). I guess that's Texas laissez-faire standards for you.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My sister in the SA burbs never lost power luckily. Says her furnace has struggled to keep up, and she realized how poorly her 2016 house is constructed (just moved there this summer). I guess that's Texas laissez-faire standards for you.

I'm just discovering they operate on their own electrical grid separate from the rest of the country. Or something like that.

And Congressional Republicans are blaming the Green New Deal and clean energy for the outages lol.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm just discovering they operate on their own electrical grid separate from the rest of the country. Or something like that.

And Congressional Republicans are blaming the Green New Deal and clean energy for the outages lol.

I wonder when the GOP will realize that killing their own voters is a bad idea.

Even if they don't turn on you.... contrary to popular belief.... they can't keep voting for you.

Half our country doesn't seem to even care about self-preservation.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. I've seen lots of "The wind turbines froze!"
Funny, the wind turbines near here are turning just fine.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Fucking libtards.

Just need moar deregulation.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wonder when the GOP will realize that killing their own voters is a bad idea.

Even if they don't turn on you.... contrary to popular belief.... they can't keep voting for you.

Half our country doesn't seem to even care about self-preservation.
Really it'll all depend on how much of the younger population they can capture to keep watching conservative media. Once the boomers are dead, I question them having a large enough following to continue on as they have.

However, I fully expect Texans at large to blame the Democrats for the power failures and re-elect GOP majorities in mass.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I mean, their governor already has

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The ones about 5 mi from us seem to turn. Texas bought the cheap turbines .

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Ignore? Nah.
But vocalizing that you enjoy drinking and driving and then getting triggered when someone admonishes you for it is some immature, ridiculous shit.

To double and triple down on how cool the behavior is and shift the anger towards someone calling you out on it is just depressing.

You keep doing you, and if you do have an unfortunate incident while drunk driving, please be courteous enough to go so far off the road nobody catches a glimpse of the wreckage until spring.

Others shouldn't have to pay with their time or effort for your idiocy.