if Krause had got McGrady it could have been totally different

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if Krause had got McGrady it could have been totally different
If Krause had done a lot of things a lot of things would be totally different.

Given the way McGrady ended leading his teams though, we'd probably join the chorus of constant 1st round exits as his teams in Orlando and Houston always were.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If Krause had done a lot of things a lot of things would be totally different.

i think if he got Tracy it would have changed allot in his post-MJ period though

probably doesn't trade Brand for Tyson and doesn't trade Artest/Miller for Jalen Rose

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i think if he got Tracy it would have changed allot in his post-MJ period though

probably doesn't trade Brand for Tyson and doesn't trade Artest/Miller for Jalen Rose
Brand is still a huge trade candidate down the line because Krause thought Brand to be too short to play PF.

The Artest/Miller for Rose trade won't happen with McGrady..but guess what, Artest was going to be traded regardless due to his personal problems. You don't think the Bulls knew things about Artest before trading him to the Pacers? The Bulls avoided that catastrophe.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Brand is still a huge trade candidate down the line because Krause thought Brand to be too short to play PF.

The Artest/Miller for Rose trade won't happen with McGrady..but guess what, Artest was going to be traded regardless due to his personal problems. You don't think the Bulls knew things about Artest before trading him to the Pacers? The Bulls avoided that catastrophe.

yeah i read Artest "scared" other players lol

i say they keep Brand though...from my understanding it was that he felt Brand wasn't a player you can build around and it was also rumors that Brand wanted out of Chicago

i think both of those are solved with McGrady on the team

striking out in FA sent him into panic mode...i believe he had his heart set on getting Tmac

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that 2000 FA class really screwed Krause over. TMac was probably the top option, but I think Tim Duncan and Grant Hill were also available guys we struck out on. Basically it was 2010, but with far worse results.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah i read Artest "scared" other players lol

i say they keep Brand though...from my understanding it was that he felt he wasn't a player you can build around and it was also rumors that Brand wanted out of Chicago

i think both of those are solved with McGrady on the team

striking out in FA sent him in a panic mode...i believe he had his heart set on getting Tmac
Krause wanted TMac twice. He wanted to draft him originally and had a deal in place with Boston in 1997 to acquire the #5 pick [and player] for Pippen. Reinsdorf axed that and said the championship team would not be broken up.

Krause actually had several good plans for rebuilding before everyone simply left, but various factors kept that from happening. Krause always wanted to deal away Pippen. before the 97-98 Pippen was a lot more valuable than a year later. Those back injuries really killed his value in 97-98. After 1994, Krause had a deal in place for Shawn Kemp with Pippen involved, George Karl axed that one though. Perhaps for the better given the shit Kemp was going to go through.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
If Krause would have just drafted a little bit better in the 90s then maybe we probably could have continued the playoff run going into the 00s. Sure he drafted a lot of power forwards and other bigs but just none were good outside of Brand.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Krause would have just drafted a little bit better in the 90s then maybe we probably could have continued the playoff run going into the 00s. Sure he drafted a lot of power forwards and other bigs but just none were good outside of Brand.
When you're the last pick in the draft from 1991-1993 and 1996-1998, I'm not sure what you're expecting.

And even in 1994 and 1995 those picks were low.

And he could have gotten some longetivity out of the 1989 draft... Picked King at 6... King never lived up to lotto pick status. Could have had guys like Blaylock, Hardaway, and Kemp instead... I dont understand the Jeff Sanders pick at #20 either. Seemed like someone else c ould have been picked at #6 and given Kemp went at #17.. Traded #18 and #20 for Kemp and whatever.

1994, Krause went PF with Dickey Simpkins... could have gotten an SG in Wesley Person, but honestly not a whole lot of difference makers at that point

In 1995, Jason Caffey (another PF), could have had Michael Finley, but again, not a whole lot after that.

lol... here is literally every Krause draft (1st round only) and the positions

1985-Keith Lee (PF)
1986-Brad Sellers (C)
1987-Polynice (C) and Horace Grant (PF) - As we know Polynice was traded for Pippen (SF)
1988-Will Perdue (C)
1989-Stacey King (PF), BJ Armstrong (PG)
1990-Toni Kukoc (SF) - Technically a 2nd rounder (29th overall pick)
1991-Mark Randall (PF)
1992-Bryon Houston (SF) - Traded away immediately
1993-Corie Blount (PF)
1994-Dickey Simpkins (PF)
1995-Jason Caffey (PF)
1996-Travis Knight (PF/C)
1997-Keith Booth (PF)
1998-Corey Benjamin (SG)
1999-Elton Brand (PF), Ron Artest (SF)
2000-Marcus Fizer (PF), Jamal Crawford (SG/PG)
2001-Eddy Curry (C)
2002-Jay Williams (PG)

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
When you're the last pick in the draft from 1991-1993 and 1996-1998, I'm not sure what you're expecting.

And even in 1994 and 1995 those picks were low.

And he could have gotten some longetivity out of the 1989 draft... Picked King at 6... King never lived up to lotto pick status. Could have had guys like Blaylock, Hardaway, and Kemp instead... I dont understand the Jeff Sanders pick at #20 either. Seemed like someone else c ould have been picked at #6 and given Kemp went at #17.. Traded #18 and #20 for Kemp and whatever.

1994, Krause went PF with Dickey Simpkins... could have gotten an SG in Wesley Person, but honestly not a whole lot of difference makers at that point

In 1995, Jason Caffey (another PF), could have had Michael Finley, but again, not a whole lot after that.

lol... here is literally every Krause draft (1st round only) and the positions

1985-Keith Lee (PF)
1986-Brad Sellers (C)
1987-Polynice (C) and Horace Grant (PF) - As we know Polynice was traded for Pippen (SF)
1988-Will Perdue (C)
1989-Stacey King (PF), BJ Armstrong (PG)
1990-Toni Kukoc (SF) - Technically a 2nd rounder (29th overall pick)
1991-Mark Randall (PF)
1992-Bryon Houston (SF) - Traded away immediately
1993-Corie Blount (PF)
1994-Dickey Simpkins (PF)
1995-Jason Caffey (PF)
1996-Travis Knight (PF/C)
1997-Keith Booth (PF)
1998-Corey Benjamin (SG)
1999-Elton Brand (PF), Ron Artest (SF)
2000-Marcus Fizer (PF), Jamal Crawford (SG/PG)
2001-Eddy Curry (C)
2002-Jay Williams (PG)

Byron Houston was picked 2 picks ahead of PJ Brown.

96? That was mostly a first round one but Ben Wallace was signed after to a team so who knows. 97? You had Stephen Jackson picked in the 2nd round as well as Anthony Johnson.

I think when you look back on it. 90 when we had a chance to draft Kemp or Vlade and Hardaway or Mookie and 95 when we drafted Caffey over Finley were the ones that just got away. Also drafting Curry over Jrich and trading Brand for Chandler was not very bright but that's who Krause was in the end. I read that Jordan and Collins wanted to draft Johnny Dawkins but Krause drafted Brad Sellers and made Jordan and Collins believe that he was gonna draft Dawkins.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Jordan made sure Sellers never had a chance...killed his confidence

nbafan23

Liked Posts:

I think it's quite clear that Krause was one of those guys who fell in love with his so called genius but really made dumb decisions that ended up ruining the franchise in the end.

I am sure that the Bulls won most if not all those titles in spite of Krause and some of his decisions.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Krause should have drafted a more mentally tough guy. Jordan was going to destroy the confidence of any draftee that year not named Johnny Dawkins though.

Supposedly Jordan did everything to kill King's confidence too.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i don't know if Jordan would last in todays era...somebody would have busted his head clean open with all the shit he pulled (punching players, constantly belittling them) not to mention the media trashing him and calling him a "thug"

i guess Kobe is sorta the same way...but i don't know if hes on the same level

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i don't know if Jordan would last in todays era...somebody would have busted his head clean open with all the shit he pulled (punching players, constantly belittling them) not to mention the media trashing him and calling him a "thug"

If anything he would have had more tabloid shit with the media come out. He wouldn't have been able to hide a lot of his private life. How he handled that may have affected the rest of him as well.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

You really need to take a step back with this comment my man. :smh:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
If anything he would have had more tabloid shit with the media come out. He wouldn't have been able to hide a lot of his private life. How he handled that may have affected the rest of him as well.

:smh: MJ always said the right thing. Even when it was a negative, MJ could come out smelling good. It amazes me that anyone on this planet would doubt MJ!!!!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:smh: MJ always said the right thing. Even when it was a negative, MJ could come out smelling good. It amazes me that anyone on this planet would doubt MJ!!!!
I'm aware, but with the way social media and technology is today, things would be different for him. Perhaps he himself acts differently in order to continue to look like he's doing the right thing.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Well it's not like Paxson didn't have his blunders with him trading L.A. for Tyrus Thomas.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well it's not like Paxson didn't have his blunders with him trading L.A. for Tyrus Thomas.
That's a pre-arranged draft day trade, which means Paxson never considered keeping Aldridge.